devolution

Author Topic: New City: Abby's Prospect (Speculative)  (Read 14073 times)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
Re: New City: Abby's Prospect (Speculative)
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 04:44:13 PM »
I spent way too much time looking at the save functions is how I know that the player has stats.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 06:25:26 PM »
I didn't know that. I suppose some sort of self improvement activity is that much easier in which case.

Of course, we need to sort out some sort of schedule for the PC first. Something beyond the interact menu button, that is. What's he got at the moment? 10 actions. 5 morning and 5 evening if we say Crossgate works on 5 day weeks. Would help for the girls too, since they seem to top out at around 10 actions a shift, which would mean they get to shag 2/day/shift if they're really good. (seems a little low, but it's only a game, after all).

Be useful to do because pretty soon we're going to need to start resolving conflicts for resources between the girls. Which could lead to a lot of fun, I can't help thinking...

I wanted to suggest a weekly calendar setup, with each day having a day and night shift that you could schedule girls in, and then have one for the player where he could schedule his own activities, including "Office Hours" for girls who want to talk to him.  It would quickly become nigh unmanageable unless there was some kind of auto-scheduler for the girls that the player could turn on and off at will.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 07:05:57 PM »
Yeah, I think you're probably right. I have reservations about how well the current list interface will hold up with the new job selection system, as well.

Once we get this so it stops crashing on us, it might be an idea to put up an early alpha release, It won't be playable, but we'd get some early feedback which I think could be useful

Offline Alienhand

• Beware....
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 04:52:38 PM »
I just downloaded a whole new version of wm and was looking around in the folders if something importand change. There the todo list catched my eyes. I dunno if its from necno or one of the other developers here, but I'm pretty sure that it's from necno. Now, why I'm telling this is because a line in this todo list sounds kinda intersting for me:
Add "perks" to player. The player gets points from acheiving objectives and can spend them on abilities that boost certain things.
Just one or two post bevor I just thought about this an like you figured out, the PC already got stats (even if they're not usefull yet). Looks like necno is already playing with the idea of make them finaly usefull, doesn't it? ;-)

btw, I'm all up to your idea of alpha testing and I'm sure there a lot more people on this board who would be happy about helping you guys this way to make this game even better. :-)

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 07:34:45 PM »
Well... the "perks" were mentioned a while ago... but I'll try and fill you in.

Basically the game will start out as is. You have your standard slave shop. You can ask girls questions up to 5 times and ect.
Basically these "perks" would include access to new slave shops, asking girls questions will be more effective, and various other things. Now what I mentioned is not set in stone. But, that's the idea behind it. Not altering the actual stats of the player.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 06:28:17 PM »
this whole editing of things make me think of the old and tried game called "Bard's Tale" for the relic called Amiga 500. they also had a "map -editor" but i'm not sure that's what you're aiming at.  any ideas from that game?
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 06:14:30 AM »
Never played Bard's Tale, although I heard it was good in it's day.  What I want to do is:

• Re-skin the interface. Basically I'll be using an update version of the steampunk UI I wrote a while back. The UI is unmaintained at the moment (I needed to change game to do what I wanted with the interface) but the screenshots will give you an idea of the look and feel I'm after.
  • Add some new game mechanics. Things in Abby's Crossing (I'm changing the name) sometimes work a bit differently to crossgate. Some of the screens will have different buttons, there may be some entirely new screens. Some existing buttons will do subtly different things.
  • New items, new rooms. Abby's has a stronger technological bias that Crossgate, albeit in a sort of victorian/art deco sort of way. Some items are going to be existing ones with names and descriptions changed to fit the new setting. Others (assuming no has the same ideas and puts them in Crossgate) are going to be entirely new.
  • New events. There's a story of sorts I want to tell here. The player is trying to dominate a new city, but he's going to get caught up in a larger chain of events.
  • No new girls though. If only because I expect them all to be in Crossgate by the time I get this done.
So in some ways, it's a lot like the difference between Fallout and Fallout 2: same engine, same basic game, but some of the graphics have been changed, and the story differs in a number of respects.

Also, I want to provide a template for anyone else who wants to do a city mod.