Author Topic: Jobs in 1.30 alpha  (Read 2903 times)

Offline omelet

Jobs in 1.30 alpha
« on: May 28, 2010, 03:17:10 PM »
Does anyone know what the additional jobs for the Bar and Gambling Hall categories do?  Are they just there to bring in more customers, and if so, by how much?  Does the Bar and Gambling Hall need a paid staff if all the job positions are filled by in-house girls?  Also, what's the difference between whoring in the brothel/bar/gambling hall?

Oh, and when sending girls to the catacombs or on security, do they need a gang to back them up?  Does having a gang doing the same job have any effect with a girl doing it too?

I love the new changes.  Looking forward to the future features.  :)

Offline coldheartzero

Re: Jobs in 1.30 alpha
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 04:31:53 PM »
From my in game experiences sending girls into the catacombs usually yields much better results than a gang. They don't need backup, they just need decent skills and/or gear. They will nearly always come back with better loot than a full gang.

As far as security goes I've had girls raped with several girls set on security so I tend to not worry about that and just leave half my gangs on guard duty, they seem to do a better job.

The gambling hall doesn't really seem to be fully functional. The girls make very very little money and don't apparently bring in more customers overall. I hire a staff for the bar and gambling hall and put at least a single girl in each position.  Whoring in either of the gambling hall or bar usually only yields a customer or 2 for the entire day.  Regardless of anything else. With a full brothel or just a few girls in the gambling bar they rarely ever have more than just a few customers.

Something else I've noticed is that whoring on the street nets far far fewer customers as well. So I tweaked the payout for that but also increased the rate of rape. 4 times the payout with a 30% chance of rape. Still, the money for the small amount of customers isn't so great.

Keep in mind this has been my experience.

Offline sgb

Re: Jobs in 1.30 alpha
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 07:06:11 PM »
I haven't noticed any reason to use the bar/gambling jobs either.  They're either not working yet (ie not giving other benefits beyond small amounts of income), or the values need drastic tweaking still.  Capturing beasts, catacombs, and advertising seem to be the only new jobs with any real benefit at the moment.