Author Topic: Game Request  (Read 10701 times)

Offline chewy

Game Request
« on: June 18, 2010, 11:28:20 AM »
Can someone pls share a link for Way[葉露~西の国の物語]. http://ponidog.sakura.ne.jp/douxin/fo.htm Searched quite a lot but can't seem to find a link for this game
Thx a lot.

Offline TF

Re: Game Request
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 12:03:19 PM »
I have a copy I can post up, but it'll probably take a few hours at least to get it uploaded. Also the copy I have has only some limited broken English translations and I could never really fully understand the gameplay. If you're still interested, let me know.

Offline chewy

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 12:34:40 PM »
Thx a lot! Pls upload it. I had the game ages ago and as far as I know, there never was another version than the engrish one around

Offline LordShame

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 10:51:58 PM »
Here are dl links for Way:
part 1: http://depositfiles.com/en/files/1613053
part 2: http://depositfiles.com/en/files/1612783

It's been a while, but I remembered hentaifromhell.net had it.

Offline TF

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 04:37:33 AM »
Took me about 5 attempts, but here's my copy:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tgoxxn221ml

Offline chewy

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:26:18 AM »
thx a lot

Offline sablecaballero

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 02:58:43 PM »
I enjoyed this game, though I liked more the next game of the company, "Haro tales of the western country". Pity I never managed to find an english copy and I refuse to pay for a bad engrish translation ¬¬

Offline TF

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 04:20:18 PM »
I did have a certain fondness for the gameplay of each... just wish I knew I was playing them right... or what the hell the story was.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 09:22:43 PM »
I've played Way ages ago. The gameplay kinda goes over my head, I don't really get it or i'm just very unlucky. Maybe both... but I never felt like I accomplished anything in it. There's an explanation but it doesn't say a whole lot in my opinion.
Anyone want to give me a run down before I try it again?
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline LordShame

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 12:34:47 AM »
The game is based on koikoi hanafuda, which is essentially Japanese  poker. (Fun fact: the Nintendo company has been producing hanafuda  cards since 1889.) The symbols on the cards are the  numbers  kanji from 1-12, but it's not strictly necessary to know them.  The cards at the bottom are your hand, the cards on top are the playing  field and visible to you and your opponent.

The basic mechanic of the game is to take cards from the playing field  in order to make sets, which are worth a certain amount of points  depending on the set. You take cards from the field by matching them  with cards from your hand. If you want a 3 card from the field, you  must play a 3 card from your hand; if you want a 12 card from the  field, you must play a 12 card from your hand, and so forth. (The deck  consists of 4 sets of cards numbered 1-12 each.)

On your turn, two things happen:

1.You choose a card to play from your hand.
-If at least one card in your hand matches the number of a card on the field, you can capture. Both cards are added to your capture pile (on the bottom right) and automatically sorted into appropriate sets.
-If you can't capture, you must choose a card from your hand to add to the field.
-There's a special case when capturing, that happens if all four cards with the same number are visible to you in your hand and in the field. (Like if there are three 10 cards on the field and the fourth 10 card is in your hand.) In that case, you can capture all four in a single move.
2.After this, a card is drawn at random from the deck and played as if it were from your hand. If it matches number with a card on the field, you capture both. If it doesn't, the drawn card is added to the field.

It's then your opponent's turn, who goes through the same steps. The game ends when there are no more cards in play or in the deck, at which point the values of completed sets are added up.

I haven't played in a while, so the exact mechanics are kind of hazy, but IIRC, in Way, you get to have sex with your opponent as long as you have at least 1 point at the end of the match. However, the more points you have, the more the girl enjoys the sex, the more the girl's stats change in your favor*, and the more likely it is that the storyline will progress. The girl's score doesn't actually matter that much; you're not trying to beat her as much as you're trying to get a high score.

*: The player and the girl have stats, which change the number of cards on the field and in their hands. Basically, some girls are very hard in the beginning, but as you succeed in having nice satisfying sex with them they get easier and easier.

The actual sets you're trying to complete are a little unusual for someone who's not used to the cards since they're based on the imagery of the traditional deck, but you can see them all by right-clicking during a match. It's a little mystifying until you have the basics of it, so I'm gonna detail them here.

1st column
All these sets require the cards with the yellow numbers. The first two are self-explanatory (exactly 1-3-8-11-12 and 1-3-8-12). The third is any three of the cards on the left, plus the umbrella girl. The fourth is any three of the cards without the umbrella girl.

2nd column
The first is all three of the blue-bordered girl cards (6-9-10). The second is all three of the black-bordered animals (6-7-10). The third is 6 or more of the blue-, red- or orange-bordered cards in any combination. The fourth is 6 or more of the black-bordered cards in any combination.

3rd column
The first is all three of the orange-bordered girl cards (1-2-3). The second is the black-bordered 9 girl with the yellow-numbered 8 guy. The third is the same black 9 girl with the yellow 3 angel girl. The fourth is special and requires at least 10 of the common grey-bordered cards PLUS the black 9 girl; it's usually something you go for as a last resort if you have a shitty hand.

There are some cards that are obviously more useful than others (the black-bordered 9 girl, per example, is included in a bunch of easy combinations, as are yellow 8 guy and yellow 3 angel) so you usually want to go for them first if you can.

So that's about the basics of it. It's kind of a fun gambling game on its own merits, it has some pretty good erotic pics in it, and you get little dialog scenes which are actually funny and sometimes even touching, so if you can get the hang of the rules and the sets then it's all worth playing. Plus it teaches you hanafuda, in case you ever want to impress some Japanese people in a gambling den somewhere.  :D

If anything's unclear, feel free to ask. I'm not super good at the game but I mostly have it figured out.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:37:24 AM by LordShame »

Offline TF

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 05:34:36 AM »
For some good (clear) practice, there's an old game demo called 'Hanafuda Club.' It had some fun writing, and was intended to have some H when it was done... pretty sure it was going to be a sort of hanafuda version of strip poker... but never got that far. I think you can still pick up a copy of the demo here: http://www.lemmasoft.net/games_hanafudaclub.html

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
I was just KINDA hoping it was less based on luck and I could somehow have my character win more often. Thanks for the help!
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline LordShame

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 01:48:28 AM »
It's like poker in that there's definitely strategy involved and you need to know what you're doing to get anywhere, but yeah, also like poker, it's a game of chance.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 03:33:33 AM »
I was just KINDA hoping it was less based on luck and I could somehow have my character win more often. Thanks for the help!

If we're still talking about Way, you get more cards with a girl as she gains experience. It definitely gets easier.

Offline sgb

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 11:19:47 PM »
I kind of liked Haro better, as Way was far too luck based.  There's never been a pirate copy of Haro because it has some copy protection on it that I guess nobody bothered to crack.  I know, I know; copy protection on some unknown hentai puzzle game that apparently actually worked.  Suck it Ubisoft and EA.  It's a fun game and worth buying if you like puzzle games.