devolution

Author Topic: 1 wish  (Read 5611 times)

Offline necrodrool

1 wish
« on: March 03, 2011, 06:14:55 PM »
first of all i want to say how much i like your game.
I'm playin it since like 4 weeks and that daily. and no matter how much it crashes it alsways draws me back.

and here comes the wish

dear developement team

make the quit button pop up a question box with like "do you really wanna return to the main scream. all unsaved progress will be lost if you do so" yes - no

can you imagine how annoying and frustrating it can be, having like 200 slaves in the dungeon, due to 8+ incorporeal catacomb raiding girls and 7 80+ in all skills gangs also raiding dungeons or kidnapping girls, then actually do something with them and when you want to save, you misclick and within the blink of an eye it's all gone?

i don't have even the smallest idea how to programm this, or how much work it will be, but this is something the game "really" needs, at least for me and those other's hasty clickers like me

thx 4 the audience

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
Re: 1 wish
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 10:10:57 PM »
This seems like the easiest request I've ever heard, and I fully support this.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:10:04 AM »
Wait, we've got an autosave in WM? Right?

Offline iamnuff

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »
Wait, we've got an autosave in WM? Right?

yes
saves after every turn

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 05:00:23 PM »
I still fully support it. Even irrationally.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline Zanfib

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 05:18:42 PM »
The autosave apparently has problems though.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 07:34:15 PM »
it would be nice for there to be a double check for quieting, I've run into a simmular problem on another game, where you can edit maps, and there is no double check for reset(which is also located right beside all the other buttons). I've spent hours working on a map just to have to restart because I accidentally hit reset.

but it is good that we have an auto save.

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 05:27:54 AM »
Its good that it's there but there are problems with girl duplication ect from reloading from it. I think the solution was to copy the .mast (?) file from the original save. Maybe if someone knows something more concrete then they can explain it more clearly. Useful so you don't lose months of progress accidentally.

I guess it would be frustrating though if you like to exploit the random seed aspect of daughter generation/torture/dungeon/gang/item results though.

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »
I would personally prefer this than an autosave fix. I don't rely on the autosave as it is because of the issues it currently has, and I think this would have the least impact on people who are "used to" the current version.

Honestly I don't know scripting etc. so I could be very wrong, but I'm geussing adding this and removing autosave would lighten the game size a bit.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 03:52:44 PM »
I for one tend to sometimes quit and reload the game to get events or avoid events, meaing clicking one more time would be a slight minor inconveniecen. XD
But I see how a quitting confirmation would be helpful.