Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 477407 times)

Offline Kenki

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2011, 07:46:29 PM »
Okay, as requested, I have separated the pics for Fate T. and Eve/Yami

Fate (Nanoha Series)
http://www.mediafire.com/?xpar8xjma88tc3q

Eve/Konjiki no Yami (Black Cat/To-Love-Ru) ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/?26hlfu5riy55jy1

I did not re-number any of the pics. I am not sure if the system needs them numbered sequentially.

I probably should point out that during my game play I mysteriously went from 100+ customers at my night-shift to 20. I did not have the game saved, so I do not know what caused it. But one week, customers were asking for whores, the next they could be bothered to gamble or listen to my singer. They just wanted booze. It may be a fluke, but at least now I will be looking a little more closely at the weeks.

Offline drake

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2011, 08:59:23 PM »
Just a question, but does the game take items from the girls that aren't appropriate for the job they are working, unequip them, or both.  For example if you start out with shivs and daggers then get short and longswords, will it switch them out?  If you then put that girl on cleaning duty, will it change out her armor for a maid uniform, etc?  Liking it so far, the game needed some more life breathed into it.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »
I've got 3 small complaints:
First, my girls still get raped and assaulted even with 500 security rating while working inside. That's a pain...
Then, there's that nymphomaniac optimist girl with 100 Libido who loses her optimist trait when she works as a whore for too long. I mean, she LOVES sex, how can she be depressed about having too much of it?
Finally, having a girl explore the catacombs sometime crash the game.

You have to keep enough security girls active so that when 1 security girl's HP are too low, the next security girl can step in.
get her off the streets or out of the depressing bar and maybe she won't lose optimist if that's important to you
need more info on the crash, maybe upload a save so I can have a look, also is it on 1280x1024 or?

The withdraw all button doesn't seem to do anything any more.

ah, right

Okay, as requested, I have separated the pics for Fate T. and Eve/Yami

Fate (Nanoha Series)
http://www.mediafire.com/?xpar8xjma88tc3q

Eve/Konjiki no Yami (Black Cat/To-Love-Ru) ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/?26hlfu5riy55jy1

I probably should point out that during my game play I mysteriously went from 100+ customers at my night-shift to 20. I did not have the game saved, so I do not know what caused it. But one week, customers were asking for whores, the next they could be bothered to gamble or listen to my singer. They just wanted booze. It may be a fluke, but at least now I will be looking a little more closely at the weeks.

Thanks!

Possible causes would include all of your advertising girls going off duty because they are tired, or your cleaning girls doing the same. Or it could be bugged.

This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2011, 10:12:38 PM »

It has nothing to do with being realistic, but everything to do with excessive micromanagement that I feel distracts from the purpose of the game. I'm compelled to use all 10 actions, every week, because the effects are so trivial. My suggestion, was to increase the effects, so I don't have to ask a girl for 10 blowjobs in a single week to see a miniscule change in stats. Just ask her once, get the effect I desired and move on to the next.

Alternatively, something that would minimize the click fest, such as setting up a schedule for the players actions and saving them like the girls remember their day/night jobs would also effectively eliminate the clickfest, and may actually be preferred.

It sounds as if The Future has something in mind for that, so we will just have to wait for what he proposes.

My own little project deals with the Interactions, a bit, though with how things seem to work in EX, don't know how well it'd mesh.  And trying to figure out if there's a way to, for example, have a type of interaction that only lets a girl do it once a week.

Specifically, my plan was to break it into 'chat' 'train' 'reward' 'punish'.  Chat would have similar to the current ones, train would pay a fee to send them to a school during the week to train a specific stat/skill.  Reward would range from money to praising, and give the option of building loyalty/obedience without simply beating a girl, while punish would have scold and things like spankings, so corporal punishment but not to the severity of the 'torture' label.

I've got a lot of the flavor text written for the options, so if anyone has more experience with the scripting and the interest, I'd appreciate the help. :)

Offline Kenki

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2011, 11:47:55 PM »
@The Future

With my brothel filling up 25+ girls, I think it would be tremendously helpful to have a slightly different color/shade box for messages where there were no customers for a girl to serve. From the Brothel reports at the end of the week, I can easily tell if I am understaffed, but its hard to tell if I am drastically overstaffed or at just the right amount for jobs where all the customers were served(e.g. 15/15 barmaid). Other than sifting through 25+girls to find one who worked as a barmaid for no customers, there is efficient way to receive this information.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 11:55:48 PM »
Just a question, but does the game take items from the girls that aren't appropriate for the job they are working, unequip them, or both.  For example if you start out with shivs and daggers then get short and longswords, will it switch them out?  If you then put that girl on cleaning duty, will it change out her armor for a maid uniform, etc?  Liking it so far, the game needed some more life breathed into it.

It overwrites the old item, so that item is lost. I know, that's not ideal, but I'll change it if I get the chance.  It currently only overwrites the item if the girl's current item in that slot is considered less valuable (not based on gold price) than the one it wants to add. The girl will potentially buy her own items whether those help her job or not if she has money.

So if the girl already has the theoretical best item in the game, the game won't give her a better item for her job in that equipment slot.

Generally, +Charisma items are considered less useful in the auto use items code. +Constitution and +sex skills have a higher priority than most items.

Kenki: yeah, that's true
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline gfw

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2011, 01:50:05 AM »
Just a small problem.  You can not complete the task of kidnapping girls as kidnapping is already disabled in gang function.

Gangs seems pretty useless at this moment, unless you want to get territories to buy the second brothel. But even manage the first brothel is pretty hard.

Offline Oulee

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2011, 05:46:12 AM »
Nice Mod!
The girl rating for each job + flavored report text put those traits in a new light and make a tremendous original and appealing gameplay.

I support the color coding job-rating idea someone post earlier. This could be a way to delete the "more detail" button as the job-rating are no more useful as a text,
and the rest of the information could be put in the first "detailed info" screen as anon21 did.
I still find the gang helpful for some early cash when you can lend your hand on a good one. Plus this feature was what hooked me on WM the first time :)

The meet girl in town script is just ridiculous, I rather gave myself enough cash to buy 4-5 girl and delete this script once and for all. It was a nice touch, but as Future said,
 in the end we all re-load to have the meet girl encounter, so it make no sense gameplay wise.

Suggestion:
 Showing how many customer a girl can handle in a specific job, and show how many customer are expected for this job.
The easy way should be by changing the number of girl in the job management table menu.  Instead of something like :
Barmaid (1)
Singer(0)
Waitress(2)

We'll have :
Barmaid (5/7)
Singer(0/3)
Waitress(15/5)

The number of customer expected could just be the same number of the last week (so we dont have to re-check the turn summary )
or be more like a prevision depending of the total intelligence of your whores or something along the line.
It will be more alike the original Sim Brothel, and will let the micromanagement flow more easily.

Oh! And the Mission should be revamped a bit. Having as a first mission to get the second brothel is just too far as an objective to be interesting.
The objectives should increase (as their reward) depending of how much girl/gold you got. And having a deadline, is a nice touch.

Anyway, thanks for these new game, it truly add something to the genre.

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2011, 12:10:14 PM »
Changing the flavor text according to the girl's traits was a great idea. Will you do the same thing for the sex related jobs?
By the way, high level oral sex gives you the high level bestiality flavor text, not that it really matters...

Offline EXfun

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2011, 02:22:24 PM »
Awesome work! More than awesome mod!

Thank you a lot, THE FUTURE! I can't remember even when i get so much fun from a game before! Original game had some great ideas but your mod is really awesome!

I've just registered to post this feedback. Honestly, I was unable to thank you earlier since all I managed to do yesterday is not to fall asleep in the middle of working day after whole night of playing :)

Fixes, balancing - it's exactly what I missed in original version. Picture sets certainly awesome too!

Just posted all this to expess my opinion. It's one of the best game I even played for last 10 years.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2011, 11:07:38 PM »
The meet girl in town script is just ridiculous, I rather gave myself enough cash to buy 4-5 girl and delete this script once and for all. It was a nice touch, but as Future said,
 in the end we all re-load to have the meet girl encounter, so it make no sense gameplay wise.

The slave market has problems too. If we put every girl into the market, you could cheat and give yourself a lot of money. Then you can just buy every unique girl from the market, save, quit, load, buy every girl again, etc. But honestly, this is a single player game so I don't care about cheating at all. If a person doesn't like this or that, it's very possible to convert things to how that person wants it.

Want every girl you can find with the script to be buyable in the slave market? Use a notepad++ (google it). Select every unique girl in your folder viewer, right click, open with notepad++. CTRL+H for find and replace. Search "Status="Normal">" and replace with "Status="Slave">. Push Replace All in All Opened Documents. Save all, and then you're set for a new game where every normal girl is in the slave market.

Changing the flavor text according to the girl's traits was a great idea. Will you do the same thing for the sex related jobs?
By the way, high level oral sex gives you the high level bestiality flavor text, not that it really matters...

Yes, this was meant to be in EX but I ran out of time. Every action is meant to have text based on traits.
It does matter! I'm very sure I switched the text to oral sex related, but then I forgot to test and see if it works correctly or not. Thanks for saying something.

Picture sets certainly awesome too!

I can't take too much credit on that. Almost all of the packs are ones which other people released. Thank deadlyking for the slime girl pack, thank Xela for the Hinata pack, etc. I only take credit for optimizing+converting most of them except (off the top of my head) Meiko, Luka, Miku, Cat Girl, Tomoe, Bunny Girl, some for Maya, soon Demon Girl and an upgraded Yuuka Kazami pack (over 300 pics, lol).

Offline tybernexus

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 12:22:53 AM »
Amazing so far.  I check this thread everyday :)  Also i don't ever ever see any negative actions in the catacombs.  I assume this will be implemented later?  But fantastic so far.  I've only ever crashed the game by having 20 other windows up or uploading new girls and continuing a game while its open hehe.  So pretty damn stable for a beta.  If it can break i'll find a way
 8)

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2011, 04:22:40 AM »
You did an amazing job!

Some amendments from my side.

-I would prefer a resolution size 1920x 1080

-I've played a test game for about 20 weeks. I didn't get a girl with a "virgin" trait : random ?

-about Torture : options to do more lets say "nice" torture are a good idea but please don't remove the physical torture . At the end it's just a game.

-Interactions: I always like interactions with the girls. Is there any possibility to implementate a dynamic max. of interactions depending on the number of girls ?
-Handling : >Would be nice to have a way to quickly scroll through end of week messages, I can use arrows to change girls, but what can I use to scroll through her messages?
                YES YES YES . There is a big need. especially when handling many girls.

-Daughters : I didn't play this mod for long enough weeks. But i hope it still works ? As i post it (years ago for WM orig. :) ) it would be fantastic if daughters wouldn't created from rdgirls pool.
                     Instead that as a "goodie" in the game getting unique daughters randomly out of a special folder? These girls (lets say daughter-girls) can only recruited on this way.

-Just a question : You've removed the picture category beasts. Don't you like them or are the implemented in another category?

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2011, 12:46:10 PM »
Had a few different games, I found that being beaten up doesn't take away the virgin stat (bar jobs, even after quite a few events). Most likely by design. A bit odd but refreshing.

Straight sex and anal doesn't increase stats when you ask, but all the rest do when you ask (group,blowjob,ect). This was mentioned before but I think the conclusion was that all 'ask' interactions did not raise the sex stats.

Pregnancy is odd. Did you raise the age to when a girl can get pregnant? No virgins that were young got pregnant after months of straight sex (girls around 17-20ish) but the woman from bleach (with the abnormally large boobs, age 28, non-virgin, no milf trait) got pregnant fairly quick. Might just be random chance, but maybe you intended it to be older women get pregnant only?

Also, this could also be random chance, but I never got rydia on a spawn for the 'take a walk'. I did install all the girl packs before I started any games, and also started quite a few games, but it seems like I always stumbled on the same girls (90% of the time the same ones). I looked in the character folder and the .girlsx (or whatever) file is present for rydia. I think some packs didn't have a .girlsx file so I understand that they might not show in game. (The pack that was split up in the top of page four for example.) Every missing girl is in the catacombs, where they're set to spawn.

The biggest thing I'd like to mention is the security system. I interpreted a comment in this thread that you needed multiple girls to secure the brothel as you increase your clientele. Say you have 6 girls on security. An attacked has to go through all six before assaulting a 'worker', or at least until the security number was below 0.

I had 4 girls on security, with a rating of around +80. The message stated "AAA got through 3 out of the 10 attackers who were attacking BBBB before she got....", and then a message stating 'BBBB' was assaulted. So the attackers overran 1 out of the 4 girls on security, and even though the security rating was still positive, proceeded to assault the worker. Basically the other 3 girls did squat while all this happened, except either independently raise (or lower) the security rating on their shift.

I just presumed that the system worked that attackers had to penetrate through every security girl, and/or get the security rank below 0 before proceeding to assault/rape their intended victim.

Thanks for your hard work on this project! This was a pleasant surprise when I stumbled on it today, maybe the stuff I mention is all part of the EX gameplay, I just haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet. I like the way you do have to have some strategy in how to expand your brothel, as your expenses do rise with the increasing income. You can take a stay small/do more 'under the radar' (gangs,catacombs ect) approach to build up funds before hitting that assault/security escalation, and I found it possible to stay small with a very small group of girls and still not go out of business, although its tricky, you don't want to hit that tipping point where assaults start ramping up! I think the balance is quite good right now and I can't wait to see what other changes you have in store in the next major release that didn't make this version.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:33:04 PM by trex »

Offline ertl

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2011, 12:55:22 PM »
A purely cosmetic change would be loading a proper picture after an interacion. At the moment, every time you Ask or Force having sex with a girl, you get a random profile picture (if I'm right). Some of the interactions should load from a proper category of pics (for example, if you have sex, you get a sex picture... ). Not very important, but I think it could be a small good thing. :)