Author Topic: Whore Master EX  (Read 481371 times)

Offline Arcenciel

Re: Whore Master EX
« Reply #300 on: November 05, 2011, 12:59:28 AM »
Something that doesn't make sense to me:
Branding someone as a slave doesn't make them hate you much. All it takes is a bit of talking to get them back to thinking player is ok(5-6ish, even if you had to beat them up to put the brand on them). Really? These girls are so forgiving. I would absolutely hate someone forever if they tried to brand me as their property. I'm sticking everyone in dungeon to brand now. The short term costs of letting them heal up pays for itself easily enough since slaves don't take a 40% cut.

I propose to let branding give maximum hate, and give a trait "enslaved" that inhibits all love gains and halves hate reduction. To offset the massive disobedience the hate will generate, give slavery a reduction in spirit and confidence, as well as greater reduction in rebelliousness. End result will ideally be that free, loving girls will disobey you a lot less than slaves, but you'll have to work to get them there. In contrast, slaves will be more obedient and generate more money at first, but in exchange, they hate the player for a long time so they can never become more obedient than a free girl.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:02:33 AM by Arcenciel »

Offline Popuri

« Reply #301 on: November 05, 2011, 01:09:38 AM »
Something that doesn't make sense to me:
Branding someone as a slave doesn't make them hate you much. All it takes is a bit of talking to get them back to thinking player is ok(5-6ish, even if you had to beat them up to put the brand on them). Really? These girls are so forgiving. I would absolutely hate someone forever if they tried to brand me as their property. I'm sticking everyone in dungeon to brand now. The short term costs of letting them heal up pays for itself easily enough since slaves don't take a 40% cut.

I propose to let branding give maximum hate, and give a trait "enslaved" that inhibits all love gains and halves hate reduction. To offset the massive disobedience the hate will generate, give slavery a reduction in spirit and confidence, as well as greater reduction in rebelliousness. End result will ideally be that free, loving girls will disobey you a lot less than slaves, but you'll have to work to get them there. In contrast, slaves will be more obedient and generate more money at first, but in exchange, they hate the player for a long time so they can never become more obedient than a free girl.

I haven't branded any girls in a while...but as I recall, the text if they don't fight back is 'submits to the enchanted slave brand'.  So to answer your question...a wizard did it. <.<

Offline Arcenciel

« Reply #302 on: November 05, 2011, 03:10:29 AM »
Haha, wizard huh? So it's a slave brand that offsets quite a bit of hate.
Also:
Sumeragi coming with shroud addiction is a nice touch.
WTB: a safebox to keep items away from the girls. =/ The thieves keep stealing from my emergency use consumables stockpile.
Slave market doesn't show Constitution. I realise that this problem is in the original too, but I see no reason for this information to be withheld.
Nanoha Takamachi the Ace Mage sucks at magic. She has combat stats of 10% but 0% in magic.
All items to deal with Slow Learners were removed. I can live with that. Guess Jessica Albert will have to stay stupid.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:22:12 AM by Arcenciel »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #303 on: November 05, 2011, 04:26:49 AM »
All of the Nanoha characters need someone who actually watched the shows to set up their .girlsx files properly. I'll attach the original before I got to it. Do it if you want, you can use wmedit to edit that file. It's in your whore master/Docs&Tools/Character&Item Editor folder. Should be self-explanatory from there even if you've never used that before. Stats are irrelevant other than age and you can ignore or delete the duplicate Fate.

I know the ages vary, so that doesn't matter a whole lot. The main thing is to get some accurate traits in there.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:29:51 AM by THE FUTURE »
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Arcenciel

« Reply #304 on: November 05, 2011, 04:42:20 AM »
Eh...I'll see what I can do.
Regarding Fate-chan: I'll delete Fate Testarossa and stick with Fate T. Harlaown for consistency, since the Nanoha in the pack is the adult version. Fate-chan at 9 yrs old and Fate-chan at 19 will have very different traits for obvious reasons. Maybe someone would like to release loli Fate and Nanoha sometime.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:46:01 AM by Arcenciel »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #305 on: November 05, 2011, 05:02:17 AM »
I'll pass on the lolis.

So she's supposed to use Fate T.H. for the 19+ yr old version? Goddammit. lol. And I was told that earlier as well by someone else.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Arcenciel

« Reply #306 on: November 05, 2011, 05:37:31 AM »
How do I save this thing? I just realised that even though i did all the changes and click save, everything got reset.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:57:30 AM by Arcenciel »

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #307 on: November 05, 2011, 05:46:06 AM »
Oh, that's right. You have to hit the update button every single time you make changes, or the changes won't go through. If it's too much hastle you can always just list the traits here.

Some traits are not canon(Nanoha is a yandere, Fate is a nymphomaniac, they're both lesbians), but they have been so widely popularised I couldn't ignore them.

What do you mean by this? If it's all fan inferences/doujins, I prefer to use the canon. It's possible in the game to eventually give them all of those traits, though Lesbian is very very rare.

Offline bobjohn

« Reply #308 on: November 05, 2011, 06:33:00 AM »
you guys have a pack with a 9yrs girl?

damn....

*back away slowly*

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #309 on: November 05, 2011, 06:44:31 AM »
No lolis. If there are any pics with loli (prepubescent) content, tell me so I can purge them.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #310 on: November 05, 2011, 06:49:39 AM »
Sometimes even with 500 security rating and powerful security girls get attacked by customers (and they kill them), while security girls don't interfere.
I wounder if it's a bug.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:40:54 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Arcenciel

« Reply #311 on: November 05, 2011, 07:57:04 AM »
Pack attached.

Some notes:
All the girls in Lyrical Nanoha are actually powerful mages, but many prefer to give form to their magic as melee weapons instead of the conventional barrage of magical missles and fireballs. I won't be giving them the magic related traits, since they're all but warriors in the way they choose to fight. An exception is Fate, who regularly uses a combination of both melee magic weapons and magical missles, though her magical attacks are relative weak.

Some traits are not canon(Nanoha is a yandere, Fate is a nymphomaniac, they're both lesbians), but they have been so widely popularised I couldn't ignore them.(Removed as requested, Hayate is the only lesbian left as she has stated that she likes fondling other girls' breasts, so the inference is much stronger for her)

Things like great figure, great arse, long legs and whatnot are subjective. After all, all non-loli anime girls have impossible curves. Who am I to say that Fate has a better ass than Nanoha? I left them alone, but they can be removed and added as desired. Same goes for non-observable traits like Good Kisser, Fast Orgasm etc.

Hayate is Fragile at 9, but not at 19. This is the grown version, so I removed that trait.

I noticed that the original listed Subaru as manly. Description for that is that she is very muscular. She's well-toned, but not at the level of very. Still, I left in the trait to reflect her tomboyish style.

Subaru is 15 as of StrikerS. Teana is 16. You might want to raise their ages.

For balancing purposes, the girls in order of battle proficiency:
Nanoha = Fate = Signum
Ginga = Subaru = Teana
Hayate Yagami(Has a shitload of raw mana output with spells equivalent to nukes, but takes forever to cast and cannot multitask. Admitted that she'll never win against the others.)

Stat wise:
Nanoha would have the highest Magic, non-existant Combat, with decent Constitution and Agility.
Fate would have the decent Magic, high Combat, non-existant Constitution and insanely high Agility.
Signum would have the non-existant Magic, highest Combat, high Constitution and high Agility.
Ginga/Subaru would have non-existant Magic and decent Combat, Constitution and Agility.
Teana would have decent Magic, non-existant Combat, low constitution, high Agility.(she doesn't actually move that fast, but she dodges well enough by getting people to chase illusions)
Hayate would have decent Magic, non-existant Combat and decent Constitution and Agility.(No practical use of powerful magic should translate to low Magic stat, even though her Magic stat should be off the charts on paper.)

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #312 on: November 05, 2011, 08:13:26 AM »
Thanks! Such a detailed post is very helpful.

To make sure, that .girlsx file probably shouldn't be used for WM EX. I'm going to update the girl files in the WMEX official girl packs post in a little bit to reflect the adjusted traits.

Btw, Manly in the game is used for some rather awkward stuff, so we probably don't want to use it for tomboys. Tomboy is definitely a trait that should be added in the next big release. Manly would have been ticked in that .girlsx file because in regular whore master, manly doesn't mean the same thing as it does in WM EX. That file was meant for regular whore master.

Girls in any version of WM can't have an age below 17. Even if you set it below 17, it will switch to 17 automatically.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 08:17:23 AM by THE FUTURE »

Offline Arcenciel

« Reply #313 on: November 05, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »
Sometimes even with 500 security rating and powerful security girls get attacked by customers (and they kill them), while security girls don't interfere.
I wounder if it's a bug.

If I'm not mistaken, you need people on security in both morning and evening shifts. I used to get attacked while my full health security girls stood by and did nothing. After making sure both shifts have security, it hasn't happened again.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #314 on: November 05, 2011, 09:32:27 AM »
Oops, my mistake, sorry.