Author Topic: The Art  (Read 6094 times)

Offline Bluebeholder

The Art
« on: July 30, 2010, 01:15:34 PM »
I understand there are plans to implement icons for the girls.  What, if any, other types of pictures do we expect to use in the future?

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
Re: The Art
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 01:58:18 PM »
<Digs around> I remember a discussion was started Here.

Think that's where the girl Icon idea came from initially so I might have just given you Info you already had.  :D
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 03:14:21 PM »
Yeah that was the thread I was thinking of.  Thanks for finding it!  My main curiosity was if that it was still going ahead and if others types were in the pipeline so to speak.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 03:59:37 PM »
I don't think so. Think the general consensus amongst the devs is to wind down production on WM.

Though I think Necno and Doc need this sorta thing for their next projects. My Pet Wife (Working title?)and Clonemaster respectively.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:20:39 PM by Lorde »
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 12:17:54 AM »
I thought the icons were still being done. I thought it was part of the scripting system.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 12:38:58 AM »
I don't think so. Think the general consensus amongst the devs is to wind down production on WM.

Though I think Necno and Doc need this sorta thing for their next projects. My Pet Wife (Working title?)and Clonemaster respectively.

If that's the case :( as I'm a fan of fewer more refined games than more. Still I totally understand the developers wanting to have games of their own to take in their own direction or work on something new. 

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 01:16:23 AM »
If that's the case :( as I'm a fan of fewer more refined games than more. Still I totally understand the developers wanting to have games of their own to take in their own direction or work on something new.

Well from what I recall everyone agreed that after the final additions to the game, they set out what they intended to do with the game. More improvements and additional features might be set for WM2.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 08:20:04 AM »

There is also the point that sooner or later we're going to over-complicate things to the point where the game breaks. Or where it just gets unmaintainable. Mainly though, I'm fed up with having to fight tooth-and-nail every time I want to add a feature more complicated than "click here to see more boobies"

The expanded message system is going to be included. It already works in Clonemaster, so It'll just need porting over. It's an easy add so I might as well.

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 10:44:40 AM »
There is also the point that sooner or later we're going to over-complicate things to the point where the game breaks. Or where it just gets unmaintainable. Mainly though, I'm fed up with having to fight tooth-and-nail every time I want to add a feature more complicated than "click here to see more boobies"

Feature creep is always a threat to any program.  Still, it seems WM is currently not nearly as complicated as the current version Slave Maker.  That's a game close to the break point in complexity for me.  Still to each their own.

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 12:16:10 PM »
Yeah, well slave maker is on it's 3rd revision. WM is definitely not.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline fixet

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 01:39:51 PM »
just out of curiosity, why do you consider sm complex?

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
SM is complex compared to my expectations for it.  As a flash game I started playing before the programmer switch, I expect quick straightforward play.  I've played, and enjoyed, a couple of the Princess Maker games and SM is getting very close in detail to them.  I felt sad when a manual was added (and was needed) to make it understandable to new players.  It hasn't reached the point where I dislike the game but some of the new features are more than irritating to me.  Essentially the additional features like whether or not to personally supervise activities or grind out weapon training add more hassle than return additional fun for me. 

Still it's a difficult point to find for any designer.  Everyone has different optimal points as the Exodia debacle showed.  As WM is on the good side of feature creep for me, I want WM to go further before being overshadowed, I fear, by Clone Master and My Pet Wife.  Although I may just be pessimistic on it's prospects as the other two projects become more core.