Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3817770 times)

Offline kyuubi43

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4650 on: April 21, 2015, 11:58:20 AM »
Today when I first started posting to you all for help.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4651 on: April 21, 2015, 12:04:06 PM »
No idea... there should be a force recompile option in Ren'Py. Or maybe if it wasn't a clean pull but an update over the old code, you still have some files left that should be deleted (but HG should have warned you).

Throw a map.png file in there (any picture), see if that solves anything.

**I am in the chat now as well.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:06:32 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #4652 on: April 21, 2015, 01:29:41 PM »
Nope clean pull into an empty folder after i epicly  broken the original copy.
also I am responding on my mobile for now. So I can't use chat at the mo'

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4653 on: April 21, 2015, 07:41:57 PM »
I've added colors, absorption and resistance to be. Prolly some bugs here and there, but it is working.

Example in test traits json, absolution values are pure (so 1.0 means full absorption, 0.5 means half absorbed, half resisted and etc.). Should work with everything unless I screwed up something, somewhere. It is even possible to resist or absorb or enhance (with old fields) "magic".

Resistance and absorption can be added through any trait while elemental damage/defence effects only though elements, although we'll prolly change that soon (Dark asked to allow enhancing Ninjas poison skillz for exmple).

Colors should now extend to damage in battle log and animation bouncing effect.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4654 on: April 22, 2015, 10:15:19 AM »
Default color for normal attacks should not be red. Red is perfect for fire. I propose white instead.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4655 on: April 22, 2015, 10:26:16 AM »
That will not be visible on bright backgrounds. We can use orange for fire...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4656 on: April 22, 2015, 10:44:43 AM »
Orange is earth. Actually, numbers color pretty much = color of that animations that you play when spell casts. Otherwise it looks very odd when colors are different.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4657 on: April 22, 2015, 10:48:19 AM »
White should be for Light/Holy spells just as red(*ish) for fire. If we choose one default for damage, it should be red and not white. But I am not good with colors...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4658 on: April 22, 2015, 10:58:30 AM »
Bright yellow is for light, looks good enough.

I will recolor you fire amd earth animations then.

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #4659 on: April 22, 2015, 11:03:19 AM »
other than when using magic or some form of super move you shouldn't need a color for the attack.
just have the sprite flash in and out of exsistance since it is set up like an old RPG fight.
i think you can even find free resources to use basic animations for the attacks to negate the need for color.
personally other than showing poison or something similar the color flash is actually very annoying.
that and it would take less code i think to slave a GIF to each attack class.

for instance Fire
slave a single Master Fire GIF in stages.
having one master FIRE GIF that is completely used for the ultimate fire attack then in reverse have the GIF cut-off earlier and earlier to do this I believe you can just tell how long the animation needs to run allowing you to use one GIF for multiple attacks and in doing so the attacks get some graphic detail and the whole need for a flash color issue is negated for the battle system.
And Status GIFs should be easy the make or find seeing as I think you use that concept to show damage already. the only issue would be tailoring them to the chara models.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4660 on: April 22, 2015, 11:08:46 AM »
I suppose you never played neverwinter nights games, so you don't know how useful colors could be in battle log.

We use colors just because we can, not because we need it instead of animations or something. We have pretty cool animations in battle engine already. You can see them anytime as long as you figure what's wrong with yours repo  ;)

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #4661 on: April 22, 2015, 11:12:05 AM »
oh sorry i was trying out the battle system yesterday and thought that is what he meant by colors.
i do know several games that use the color set-up for after battle reports but it is really annoying during the battle for the screen the flash with every attack.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4662 on: April 23, 2015, 11:02:02 AM »
- Can poison be absorbed?
- How to affect power of healing? "el_damage": {"healing": 0.5}?
- I still can't see options to transfer items to a storage, even after buying a house.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4663 on: April 23, 2015, 12:53:39 PM »
- Can poison be absorbed?

Yes, it can, but only the first, initial attack. Target should absorb the percentage of damage specified, but it/he/she will not get a poison effect that they can absorb every "queue turn". They will get hit, absorb the first damage from the spell and carry on. (at least it is how it supposed to be working... it was very late when I coded it :) )

- How to affect power of healing? "el_damage": {"healing": 0.5}?

It should increase the healing power of the individual with such an elemental trait (at the moment, I am planning to recode it so it can be any trait) by 50%.

- I still can't see options to transfer items to a storage, even after buying a house.

Same icon used for transferring items between individuals, a sack appears in the top strip.

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4664 on: April 23, 2015, 01:12:03 PM »
It should increase the healing power of the individual with such an elemental trait (at the moment, I am planning to recode it so it can be any trait) by 50%.
Well, yeah, I gonna use it for class traits, so it should not be elementals only.

Same icon used for transferring items between individuals, a sack appears in the top strip.
I see the sack icon in girl profile, yeah, and I can use it to transfer items with the current girl only. There is no such an icon in other places.