Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3812556 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4710 on: May 07, 2015, 05:18:42 AM »
There is a good chance that we'll have to do it anyway. Don't do anything numerical yet, we'll use strings for generalizations but it will be a while till we see what those generalizations will be.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #4711 on: May 07, 2015, 09:17:36 PM »
Pushed better lines for gifts. No thanks to literally dozens of so called "writers" who instantly run away at the mere mention of them for a whole year, lol. I would added a sarcastic picture here, but my avatar is more than enough in this case.

Now I want to change how gifts work. Currently, when gifts are tied to traits and occupations, every time we add a trait, a class trait or a gift, we need to analyse all gifts and traits again. That's a lot of work, and there will be more as long as we add moar stuff.
Instead I want to use numerical values showing gift's purpose and application. Some gifts are more practical, others are more like for decoration, also there are food and drinks, etc.
So every trait will have propensity to one or more types of gifts. Sum of all propensities will show us what gifts a girl likes or dislikes.

They say that if you speak the devil's name he will appear....

lol, jk. Haha.

Wowz, guys. So much progress since I last was here. Congrats all.

I went from revision 475 to this 868. and currently downloading some 'new' packs (re-tagged guess?).
gonna poke around the code a bit; looks like it got cleaned up a lot.

so, is all the writing type stuff all in the interactions folder now? with GM or GT prefixes? interesting.

oooh, the angel rchar is new. I like.
props Dark

also, the intro is pretty awesome. though one of the transition screens was showing the checker pattern (alpha background?), maybe I'm missing an all-white or all-black pic? not sure.

once I finish re-installing all the packs I'll mess around more.

p.s. the splash screen is hilarious

This could be the end ...

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4712 on: May 08, 2015, 01:41:03 AM »
also, the intro is pretty awesome. though one of the transition screens was showing the checker pattern (alpha background?), maybe I'm missing an all-white or all-black pic? not sure.
It's only visible in the dev mode. The screen is black in normal one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4713 on: May 08, 2015, 03:21:01 AM »
I've also  fixed  moar stuff in the intro. Just didn't get a chance to push yet. Skipping now also work appropriatly.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4714 on: May 09, 2015, 11:32:31 AM »
Nothing I can do until someone will code something new. Back to packs, I guess.

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #4715 on: May 09, 2015, 06:01:21 PM »

So, does this mean that some of the interface is still under construction? I noticed a few places that will blow up the game. (the tavern, some of the developer options)
and it looks like the GT menus aren't in place yet. (either that, or I just can't figure out how to reach them. lol)

or are you saying that you're actually waiting on writing in some places?

In the meantime, is it alright if I go through and spell-check / touch up some of the lines (dialog)? I noticed some of it not being as 'natural' in english as it could be.

If not, no worries. I come and go like the wind. So, I'll be around.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4716 on: May 10, 2015, 06:26:47 AM »

I've been busy with some other stuff :(

You could wrap up magic for example... some images are off and it's not too hard to create sounds for longer spells.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4717 on: May 10, 2015, 07:47:52 AM »
So, does this mean that some of the interface is still under construction? I noticed a few places that will blow up the game. (the tavern, some of the developer options)
and it looks like the GT menus aren't in place yet. (either that, or I just can't figure out how to reach them. lol)
Xela and Thewlis are supposed to code classes and slave training right now, but they are busy. The tavern was added by Cherry, but he doesn't know what to add there.

Currently we can only safely add quests, spells for BE, items and girls packs, anything else might change when they will finish coding.

Any spellcheck is welcomed, of course. We have many new lines, like spells for example (library\be\assets).

You could wrap up magic for example... some images are off and it's not too hard to create sounds for longer spells.
First of all, many mass spells require another animation that is not supported by the current BE. I mean one big animation instead of 3 small ones.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 07:55:50 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4718 on: May 10, 2015, 10:02:01 AM »
First of all, many mass spells require another animation that is not supported by the current BE. I mean one big animation instead of 3 small ones.

They will still need images and sounds.

*Didn't we agree to add one animation ==> all enemy damage after the next release? What kind are you talking about you need to be more specific (same prolly count for your ST concept as well).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #4719 on: May 10, 2015, 07:12:07 PM »
Xela and Thewlis are supposed to code classes and slave training right now, but they are busy. The tavern was added by Cherry, but he doesn't know what to add there.

Currently we can only safely add quests, spells for BE, items and girls packs, anything else might change when they will finish coding.

Any spellcheck is welcomed, of course. We have many new lines, like spells for example (library\be\assets).

Ah, I see. Well, for the time being I'll be going through the majority of the library/interactions folder.

I took a quick look at the library\be\assets file you referred to.
That one shouldn't take long, it's only a few lines of spell descriptions.

I already did one push to make sure I could still remember how, but I'll try to group several files into each push from now on.

I am looking forward to the new coding and UI, but no rush.

also, I saw in the latest (library/screens/pyt - screens - girlsmeets.rpy) it uses an 'm' and 'n' variables to doing counting.
I may be completely wrong and a code noob, but wasn't the n variable supposed to be reserved for the narrator object?

as one of the errors from the tavern is the n (int type) not being castable as an object. do you think python is having variable
scope issues there? just a thought, I can't be sure though.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4720 on: May 11, 2015, 04:35:12 AM »
They will still need images and sounds.
I have no idea what do you mean by "images" here. I suppose you mean animations and their position, but in this case when we'll change animations to massive ones, I'm sure I'll need to rework them anyway, no matter how perfect they are now.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4721 on: May 11, 2015, 04:54:37 AM »
I have no idea what do you mean by "images" here. I suppose you mean animations and their position, but in this case when we'll change animations to massive ones, I'm sure I'll need to rework them anyway, no matter how perfect they are now.

Some images are missing or not declared properly. I've seen at randomly happen couple of times but there are so many spells that I can never remember which once.

About animations, I assume that you mean a "spread out" animation like use in Vortex (just engulfing all enemies)? Using one like in Cataclysm (for example) is really hard and will require unique classes (due to limitations of 2D graphics).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4722 on: May 11, 2015, 06:40:56 AM »
I mean one big, simple animation right in the center of enemies party. I can't believe something like that is very difficult. On the contrary, it should be easier since you don't need to get coordinates for every enemy, and just throw it in the center of their group every time, maybe +/- some pixels depending on animation.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4723 on: May 11, 2015, 09:50:32 AM »
I mean one big, simple animation right in the center of enemies party. I can't believe something like that is very difficult. On the contrary, it should be easier since you don't need to get coordinates for every enemy, and just throw it in the center of their group every time, maybe +/- some pixels depending on animation.

Nope, it is not difficult, we'll add it before the next release :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4724 on: May 13, 2015, 03:21:52 AM »
Finished blonde human random pack.