devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3788113 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4725 on: May 13, 2015, 04:14:54 AM »
Awesome :)

I'll set out some time this weekend to do the classes, if it doesn't work out I'll just work 1 - 2 hours every morning before work again like I did in the past. Schedule is reverting back to being very tight again.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4726 on: May 13, 2015, 10:30:53 AM »
I'm still waiting for your intro push  ::)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4727 on: May 13, 2015, 12:41:22 PM »
I'm still waiting for your intro push  ::)

Pushed. There is still some work to be done there, but you cannot skip to a backgroundless menu/logo anymoar.

Basically instructions from ATL are not finished like I thought that they were, they are halted at current values and passed to the next show of the same tag... basically background WAS there, it's just that one of the previous instructions faded it in through alpha channel and when skipped, alpha remained at 0 :( It's a bit weird but it is what it is, there is no way around it except hiding the tag + showing it again/using scene/sowing with a new set of atl instructions after the pause (just replacing old atl set with a new one).

So there are options, it's just not very convenient, best I can tell it was done to allow moar power to ATL through functions which cannot be calculated during skipping/predicting.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #4728 on: May 14, 2015, 08:37:09 AM »
Hmm, while going through the (library/be/assets.rpy) I noticed that some of the higher tier spells somehow do less than their own lesser spells.

3solid-star fire has 90 effect, while 2solid-star fire has 220? also, 1solid-star fire has 'all-enemies' type while the the other 2 do not.

I'm uncertain as to what needs AoE and what is supposed to be stronger, so I'll hold off on pushing this until I get a better handle on that.

also, there are 2 types of piercing, "piercing=True" and "true_pierce=True" what's the difference?

is there supposed to be tier standards like in ff or other games? or is it mainly random?

also, does 'all-enemies' mean it has to hit all enemies? and spells without this tag cannot hit more than 1 target?

sorry, for the barrage of questions. lol
This could be the end ...

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4729 on: May 14, 2015, 09:57:36 AM »
I cannot really balance spells damage without mobs that have spells resistances and levels, and Xela didn't coded them yet. So I just randomly copy-pasted the same values for now.
There supposed to be standards in damage, aoe and low tier spells names, but I'm not sure yet which ones  :)
Your ideas are as good as mine, I guess.

Piercing means that the spell can attack back row without the need to kill everyone in the front row for a start. True_pierce means that the spell will cause its full damage to the back row, without it it only causes 1/2 of its damage.
All-enemies will attack the whole front row (or the whole back row if the first row is dead) without piercing=true, and all enemies with piercing=true. Without it spell can only hit one target.

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #4730 on: May 14, 2015, 10:59:13 AM »
I cannot really balance spells damage without mobs that have spells resistances and levels, and Xela didn't coded them yet. So I just randomly copy-pasted the same values for now.
There supposed to be standards in damage, aoe and low tier spells names, but I'm not sure yet which ones  :)
Your ideas are as good as mine, I guess.

Piercing means that the spell can attack back row without the need to kill everyone in the front row for a start. True_pierce means that the spell will cause its full damage to the back row, without it it only causes 1/2 of its damage.
All-enemies will attack the whole front row (or the whole back row if the first row is dead) without piercing=true, and all enemies with piercing=true. Without it spell can only hit one target.

Ah ha. thank ya much.

Another question though, if the front row is dead, do spells continue to do 1/2 damage to back row? or is the back row then considered the front?

or is the 1/2 damage thing only for when piercing=True and there is still someone in the front?
This could be the end ...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4731 on: May 14, 2015, 11:04:42 AM »
Ah ha. thank ya much.

Another question though, if the front row is dead, do spells continue to do 1/2 damage to back row? or is the back row then considered the front?

or is the 1/2 damage thing only for when piercing=True and there is still someone in the front?

If there is noone in the front row, backrow is being treated as front (it is not being considered as such in the code, but for all intent and purposes, it will work as if it was). So players in backrow would be able to attack with range=1 attacks for example and will be damaged fully.

*Do note that most attacks are just there to test graphics/sounds and etc. true-pierce is supposed to be either absolutely unique or non-existent or cost insane amount of MP/HP/VP or whatever... it makes all the work done for rows obsolete and any use of tactics retarded at higher levels. I mainly added it for mob bosses...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:08:02 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4732 on: May 16, 2015, 07:15:38 AM »
I'm going to release another touhou pack with 5 characters, and then make some story scenes to use in the main quest. Assuming that ST or classes will not be ready by then.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4733 on: May 18, 2015, 12:30:07 AM »
I'm going to release another touhou pack with 5 characters, and then make some story scenes to use in the main quest. Assuming that ST or classes will not be ready by then.

Oki, I've put in some time into classes but they are not ready yet. I'll also have to replace a few dozen of old code occupation checks with new once so it'll take a few more days :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4734 on: May 20, 2015, 06:43:01 AM »
Hello, i finally know what to use/do to make a 3d body renders in 2d and i can do all the morphing/clothing of any character.. whats missing are good references images ( face front/left , full body ) im not good with 2d drawing so i need ppl who are able to make them.. if i have those i can make any charater you want do any pose you want ( without background ) so that way you can have a full pack of images of the same char and not some random pick of char that looks like em..

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4735 on: May 20, 2015, 07:07:02 AM »
Faces cannot be rendered? I mean for random girls?
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4736 on: May 20, 2015, 07:30:36 AM »
hmm the face shape needs to change too if its random so its best to define the face shape/traits/hair/eye color of random girls as well but there i wont need a reference image just a basic anime head shape i guess ill generate some samples of that first then with common poses

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4737 on: May 20, 2015, 10:04:03 AM »
Hm. May we take a look? Render for us any girl you want, any at all.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4738 on: May 20, 2015, 01:06:18 PM »
Yeap, example would at the very least give us an idea of what's possible.

- I've done a little bit more work on classes but that broke my game (I figured out why but didn't fix it yet) :)
- Also been putting in some time into Hunters project to change the scene for a little while
- And making a minigame similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3paKlo7S5_U but for Ren'Py / PC
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:08:27 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4739 on: May 20, 2015, 03:27:29 PM »
http://www.ex.ua/656775765719

of course most of facial animation is done and i can add detail on body.. also im using low poly clothing.. this can be improved

password is the same as Dark cg packs

i could make shape keys to correct limbs/hip/neck joints further bu so far its still ok
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:45:01 PM by lamoli »