devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3815404 times)

Offline rudistoned

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #750 on: June 20, 2013, 04:11:07 PM »
Concerning leveling benefits, I think girls should gain higher skill caps, or 'power ups' or both. I'm against traits, as many traits represent things you cannot learn (unless we say it happens through "magic", at which point any further explanation is futile). Power-ups (we could also use the word feats) could be organized in trees and grant skill cap increases or skill boni that can raise the current skill level above the cap, or provide new skills to use (like Otherworlds classes do). If we decide to have power-ups, I would vote for turning learnable traits into power-ups (example: "Seductress" could be a power-up as you can learn to seduce people; "Angelic beauty" could not be a power-up as you cannot learn to look like an angel. You either do, or you dont). I think sibr1x had a power-up tree which I liked. We could do something similar :-)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #751 on: June 20, 2013, 04:21:31 PM »
Concerning leveling benefits, I think girls should gain higher skill caps, or 'power ups' or both. I'm against traits, as many traits represent things you cannot learn (unless we say it happens through "magic", at which point any further explanation is futile). Power-ups (we could also use the word feats) could be organized in trees and grant skill cap increases or skill boni that can raise the current skill level above the cap, or provide new skills to use (like Otherworlds classes do). If we decide to have power-ups, I would vote for turning learnable traits into power-ups (example: "Seductress" could be a power-up as you can learn to seduce people; "Angelic beauty" could not be a power-up as you cannot learn to look like an angel. You either do, or you dont). I think sibr1x had a power-up tree which I liked. We could do something similar :-)

We need to write concept for power-ups first but We should definitely get those, system where player gets to choose from a tree sounds good...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #752 on: June 20, 2013, 07:34:35 PM »
Anyway... SF has been updated with level up system and some code improvements, head slot has also been removed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #753 on: June 21, 2013, 02:49:32 AM »
Updated Sf:
- new items added (Dark's designs)
That's probably wasn't wise. Even leaving balance aside, some items could use better icons, and descriptions have to be checked for spelling.

provide new skills to use (like Otherworlds classes do)
When we'll have BE, we could use it for battle occupations to learn new spells/skills that cannot be learned by other means.
Actually, we could use slightly different trees for different occupations. Warriors don't need seductive skills, and whores don't need combat skills.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #754 on: June 21, 2013, 03:51:09 AM »
That's probably wasn't wise. Even leaving balance aside, some items could use better icons, and descriptions have to be checked for spelling.

Same statement can be made about the code, texts, traits, girls and screens so I figure it's more than ok.

BTW: I've removed head slot but maybe we should simply flip 3 - 4 items from other categories and keep it? Would likely make more sense.

When we'll have BE, we could use it for battle occupations to learn new spells/skills that cannot be learned by other means.
Actually, we could use slightly different trees for different occupations. Warriors don't need seductive skills, and whores don't need combat skills.

They might not "Need" it, but those still could be useful, we can leave decision to the player, also will depend on concept we write, currently I don't have any good ideas for the tree anyway.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #755 on: June 21, 2013, 04:30:57 AM »
I've removed head slot but maybe we should simply flip 3 - 4 items from other categories and keep it? Would likely make more sense.
I'm not sure it's a good idea to "flip" various capes and cloaks with hoods from cape and body slots to head slot. And, like I said, we simply don't have enough stats and traits to make interesting head items.

The thing is, I don't want to create closed helms or other simple, cheap items that fully cover the face and give lame defence bonuses since we actually see characters faces on portraits all the time, and also because we already have gloves and boots for such  bonuses.
So they have to be rather original and unique items with more or less unique properties, like small masks, tiaras, maybe headsets and visors if we will use hi tech eventually. You could return head slot if you want to, but I would prefer to not create head items until BE and stuff.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #756 on: June 21, 2013, 04:58:04 AM »
I'm not sure it's a good idea to "flip" various capes and cloaks with hoods from cape and body slots to head slot. And, like I said, we simply don't have enough stats and traits to make interesting head items.

The thing is, I don't want to create closed helms or other simple, cheap items that fully cover the face and give lame defence bonuses since we actually see characters faces on portraits all the time, and also because we already have gloves and boots for such  bonuses.
So they have to be rather original and unique items with more or less unique properties, like small masks, tiaras, maybe headsets and visors if we will use hi tech eventually. You could return head slot if you want to, but I would prefer to not create head items until BE and stuff.

Oki, like I've said, your call, you're basically in charge of traits/items at this point ;) Also returning/adding new slots (governed by the same logic as normal equipables) takes like 5 mins code-wise so it's all good.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #757 on: June 21, 2013, 05:27:32 PM »
Ok, just went over some code today and added "Poison" effect (just logic).

@Dark
I cannot download girlpacks from Mega for some reason, any chance you can up them elsewhere?
Like what we're doing?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #758 on: June 21, 2013, 06:33:30 PM »
I changed school training into a job today, so please don't do it yourselves. I'm also fixing the bugs in the master branch, sorry about that (the school training job is part of that).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #759 on: June 22, 2013, 07:51:28 AM »
I changed school training into a job today, so please don't do it yourselves. I'm also fixing the bugs in the master branch, sorry about that (the school training job is part of that).

Brothel filters are broken, I also found a bug that I'm gonna fix (viewport doesn't work on brothel filters) but restoring filters in up to your (you break it, you buy it ;) )

@Dark
I cannot download girlpacks from Mega for some reason, any chance you can up them elsewhere?

I am downloading it, but REALLY slowly for some reason. Should be done tomorrow so there is no need to reup it elsewhere (unless my downlaod breaks).

In any case, I am done with my chores for the day and plan is to spend at least 5 - 6 hours working on the project, not sure what I am going to do yet, but I'll find something.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #760 on: June 22, 2013, 07:56:44 AM »
I personaly cannot download them, looks like Mega has drawbacks after all. Maybe it's unsafe to upload big files, since 320 Mb archive with wm ex girls is fine.
I've added fullnames stuff and portraits and uploaded packs to dropbox for now, grab them while you can  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #761 on: June 22, 2013, 08:16:04 AM »
I personaly cannot download them, looks like Mega has drawbacks after all. Maybe it's unsafe to upload big files, since 320 Mb archive with wm ex girls is fine.
I've added fullnames stuff and portraits and uploaded packs to dropbox for now, grab them while you can  :)

Auto-Downloading them at 25x the speed of Mega, thanks.

PS: Anything you would like to see done? I still haven't picked a task/tasklist for today and tomorrow. for now I'll just fix the viewport issue.

View port is fixed :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:39:15 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #762 on: June 22, 2013, 08:39:55 AM »
Well, you could either code MC and add to the game those portraits and battle sprites I've found, or make effects system the same way as traits system, so anyone could create them via xml.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #763 on: June 22, 2013, 09:03:05 AM »
Well, you could either code MC and add to the game those portraits and battle sprites I've found, or make effects system the same way as traits system, so anyone could create them via xml.

All effects I want to be hardcoded, because they will all work very differently I expect.

I'll see if I can figure out rudi's script to generate girl tags and if I manage that, I'll up them to SF.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #764 on: June 22, 2013, 09:10:50 AM »

MC is a decent bet, I was thinking more in the lines of developing girl control system and auto-managing system but MC is good too :)

I am still trying to figure out mapping script.
Like what we're doing?