Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025822 times)

Offline jonwich

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1425 on: November 16, 2015, 07:24:14 PM »
Awwww man, that totally sucks. >=( Sorry to hear that Crazy. Any idea what's wrong with it? I know you said it was pretty old, but if it's a HD problem, that's not too serious, those have come waaaaaay down in price. Still, losing all your girlpacks would be a really shitty thing, mate. Have you run Hirens on it to test the major stuff, see what hardware is failing? That's what the guys fixing it will be doing, and it's a free program, you can make a boot disk or boot drive from the web if you have access to another computer sometime.

Offline crazy

« Reply #1426 on: November 16, 2015, 10:52:44 PM »
its a windows problem I think.. but idk sick of fucking with it to be honest.  Going take it to the local computer shop and see if they can fix it for less then 100 bucks.. If not it might have to wait until around the new year not sure yet.  Might look at trying to edit some code on this shitty laptop.. but idk if I can or not this thing sucks ass like really really bad.  But I have an ideal to fix the scenes in puppy girl to work right ill pm u how when I get time and u can test it out

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1427 on: November 17, 2015, 08:54:48 AM »
You're using Vista, right? If it's a Windows problem, that could be a long list. Bah. Totally sucks man. But you know, you might at least check Tiger Direct or something like that. Your computer was quite old, you might be able to get a much, much more current rig for about a hundred or so dollars. There are plenty out there that are either a couple generations behind, or refurbished, or possibly like-new coming off a contract lease.

Anyway, drop me a line when you can, I'll be here I think. If we could fix the puppygirl job to work correctly with the scenes, that'd be pretty awesome too. My little fix works, but it's not optimal. If we get it working again, I might stick my nose in there and try to fix some of the formatting errors and double lines we missed.

Offline blackholeeyes

« Reply #1428 on: November 17, 2015, 01:34:04 PM »
Been trying this, looks pretty great. Played a lot of the vanilla version back in the days.
New version works great. There is a bug i noticed, even before the latest update.

There seems to be a problem with the Matrons/Managers. Basically any of the "classes" that manage the other girls in the building. Any time a girl is made to rest by the matron/manager,
the resting doesn't seem to work at all. They MAY regain maybe one or two points of stamina/health. Usually they don't. The only way to fix this seems to be to take the girl out of the building with the manager
and have them perform another job once, then manually make them rest. This also happens when a girl is given child-leave.
I suspect it might have to do with the "saving" of jobs when a girl is forced to rest, since neither "saving" nor the issue appears when given manual rest.
(Doesn't work if she's already on auto-rest. Has to do a job first, then be put on manual rest.)

Small unrelated bug. When girls rest the event text says "Maternity Leave" even though it's just regular rest.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1429 on: November 17, 2015, 03:05:29 PM »
That's really odd, I don't have the problem at all. Are you playing with an older save or something like that?

Offline blackholeeyes

« Reply #1430 on: November 17, 2015, 06:17:39 PM »
Nope, entirely new save.
Keep in mind i did just install all my old girlpacks into this. Could that cause this problem? They were created for vanilla.
Also i'm not using the "default images" folder. Just the basic "default" folder in the character folder.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 06:22:15 PM by blackholeeyes »

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1431 on: November 17, 2015, 08:06:22 PM »
Hmmmmm.... how old are the girlpacks? I mean, I can't really imagine that being the problem, but I know that at some point girlpacks were updated to a new format, so it is possible I suppose. I don't know how tough it is to update them, but you might consider pulling them all out, testing with a new save and new packs, and if that turns out to be the issue, checking WMEdit to see how irritating it might be to update them. I know Capt has updated a lot of older real girl packs, he might be able to answer questions if you have them.

Another thing it could be might be a really old install with the patch. Are you using your original install with the patched exe, or the one from the front page of this thread? We probably should have said so or re-released it in full, but we decided to just update the exe since nothing else has changed in months (or longer), but you do in fact still need the rest of the guts of the game updated if you're using a much older version. So just to be clear, the correct install of the current game would be to download the full game from the main page of this thread, and then download the patched exe a few posts back. If you drop the patch on an older game, it might ~kinda~ work, but there will likely be problems too.

We'll get the main page updated with the latest full version when we can, Joey's got the lead post so we can't edit it currently, and he's unfortunately absent.

Offline blackholeeyes

« Reply #1432 on: November 17, 2015, 08:29:48 PM »
I just started playing this again, so i downloaded the game from the first page of this topic, then the update was released the day after. I had the problem before the update as well.

The girlpacks are made for the latest vanilla version. AFAIK that is version 1.30.4 beta r593.
The girls were being used in a Whoremaster EXE modded game though. I just copied them over. Maybe that broke things?

I did also make a few entirely new characters in the WMEdit that came with this version. They seem to have the same problem.
I did play around a bit with the configs in the WMEdit. Could something there mess things up?

EDIT: Oh, i remember something. I did go through all the characters again in the WMEdit for this version. Since you added some new stats (crafting and the likes) I had to go in and use the random options to fill in the skills, so they didn't just have flat zeroes on those stats. The girlsx files were the exact same ones from before though. They were made in the vanilla WMEdit, and edited in the WMEXE WMEdit. I did also save the NEW girls i made into the OLD girlsx and randomgirlsx files, not into new files created by the new WMEdit.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:35:26 PM by blackholeeyes »

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1433 on: November 17, 2015, 09:12:35 PM »
I dunno what to tell you, man. I really think that the problem could be your girlpacks. I mess with my configs too. There could ~possibly~ be something there that would mess something up, but I can't think of anything. The girlpacks seem most likely to me. I mean the latest vanilla version was from more than 5 years ago. The latest WME from the vanilla perspective was 0.7.1 whereas the one in this version is 0.8.30, right? But then you said you  made some new packs with the new editor in the new format? No idea.

If you get time, try this:

Download https://mega.nz/#!oVYFnTbY!XU2M3kLWboNc6ggXPNiPQO3FiBCK3tBNZQ6WQ2aOWWY

and then replace the exe with https://mega.nz/#!wN0jABjD!Yp0HCvTv94EqZUfQhGV_CSzxRBoUuz-uoOPT3EOtVXQ

and don't make any other changes. You shouldn't need to add girls, there are default images inside for a test I believe. Just run a test game for a bit and see if it works out the same. If the game is fine, it's either something you did previously. Though I would update the packs all into the new format, even then. Lemme know what you find out. I really can't think of much else, I don't know anyone else that has had this problem. I certainly haven't, and I'm playing with 3 versions for various bug and dialogue testing purposes.

Offline blackholeeyes

« Reply #1434 on: November 18, 2015, 05:02:18 AM »
Yeah, looks like it is outdated girlsx files. I'll have to completely recompile all my girls. Ugh. I'll post again to tell if it worked or not.

Offline blackholeeyes

« Reply #1435 on: November 18, 2015, 12:30:30 PM »
Well, after several hours of work i've finally recompiled all my girls. Automatic resting seems to work now.

Small issue left through: Matrons can take girls off work to rest, and the resting does work, they do regain stamina now, but the "return automatically to old job" doesn't seem to work.
THey get put to rest, then just stay there, even when they're at 0 tiredness.

EDIT: Yeah, tested again. The old problem is still there, at least at the ranch. The Farm Manager put some girls to resting, it barely did anything.
Also the above problem persists. Auto-rest doesn't end automatically. I don't think my girlsx files are the problem. I tested with Crazy's Digimon pack, and it still happened when they were made to rest.

RE-EDIT: Did some more extensive testing. The "return to previous job" thing still doesn't work, when automatically made to rest. I have however determined that the "resting not working" issue only happens in any non-brothel buildings. I tested with the ranch, Community Centre, Studio and Hospital. Resting never worked in any of those locations, or at least worked very poorly.
I is not my girlpacks, as i did multiple tests with my own girls, and with Crazy's Digimon girls, and the issues continued through both mine and his girls. I never edited his girls.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:29:56 PM by blackholeeyes »

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1436 on: November 18, 2015, 03:07:55 PM »
I really don't know what to tell you mate. I'm not having this issue across several game, and no one else is reporting it either. Something is different, just don't know what. >=/ Maybe someone else can work it out, because the only thing I can think of is you're using the wrong files for the base game, or ovewrote an older game with this one and it somehow did this, like Whoremaster EX or something. I remember having this sort of problem once when I did something like that. Anyway, I hope you or someone can figure it out, I'm dying to know what the heck is up with your game.

Offline 790 Series Lusticon Operations Unit

• I worship His Shadow.
« Reply #1437 on: November 18, 2015, 04:50:31 PM »
I too get "maternity leave" when a girl is set to rest when not pregnant, but that's the only issue. They all rest normally and get put back on the job.
May His merciful Shadow fall upon you.

Offline blackholeeyes

« Reply #1438 on: November 18, 2015, 06:00:02 PM »
I didn't use any other saves or anything.

I clean installed the version on the first post of this thread. Then i copied over all my girls folders and girlsx (and randomgirlsx) folders over to this game, and installed Crazy's Digimon characters. Played a bit, then the next day the update hit, and i downloaded it. When i played i started the game all over. No transferred saves.
I added one item (a cure for Syphilis that's a bit less rare) then i played some more. Then all this business happened. Like i said I deleted the old Girlsx and randomgirlsx files, made entirely new ones in the WMEdit that came with this version, then played again. And this is where we are now.
I thought it might have to do with the fact that it confuses it with Maternity leave, and i've messed a bit with the Pregnancy chances and cooldown and the likes. I don't really know. I increased preg chance, reduces cooldown, eliminated miscarriage and increased growth speed of the kids.
Also Increased the income multiplier and reduces the cost multiplier. Otherwise it's exactly as it's supposed to be.
Only thing that's different is that the pictures in the girls folders are all in the old format (anal1, bdsm1, les1 and so on.) otherwise it should all be as it's supposed to be.

Man this is just like when i modded skyrim. I used a mod many others used, but I got a problem, nobody else did.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1439 on: November 18, 2015, 07:12:55 PM »
Yeah man, I did all the same stuff you did, other than the syphilis cure. I'm confuzzled. >=/