Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1030235 times)

Offline Rfpnj

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1485 on: January 10, 2016, 06:22:05 PM »
Why can't Jorwich's mod be worked in where there is a good/evil check to see how you treat your girls

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1486 on: January 10, 2016, 07:01:29 PM »
At some point some of the content from my mod will be worked into Crazy's, but I still plan on writing content for Crazy's, to be honest. The fact is, though, many of my ideas and plans just won't work straight up with Crazy's mod, though some of them might be used for "bad" options. I think long term I'd like there to be a sort of melding, but how much would work, I couldn't say at this point. My mod is meant to be extreme. The only way I could see it working together at some point is if perhaps being evil or good was a decision. I remember Lyje had an idea about setting a building's disposition. Really, I could see that sort of, maybe a way to cater to a certain clientele. Customizing whether the jobs in a building would be good or evil, or allowing the purchase/unlocking of specific jobs, would make the evil decisions more choice-based, and less on a cumulative score. But all that is really just speculation. I don't know as much about the coding half as I'd like, but that kind of thing would likely require a major overhaul, and break a lot of things. It's something to keep in mind, but I wouldn't seriously consider it quite yet, especially without knowing just what demographic might like my content. I mostly create it for myself, and post it for whomever might enjoy it. I think we'd have to have a significant following there. It would have to make sense, essentially, to bring a bunch of people together and overhaul things. That's time consuming and hectic, lots of things breaking, etc. For now, I figure we can keep developing things, seeing where we are going, seeing how things develop. If at some point in the future it makes sense to go through that massive effort, or if at some point we're going down a path that would implement some of these things anyway, we could look at that.

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #1487 on: January 11, 2016, 02:14:42 PM »
Is it intended, that girls training in the arena get much higher stat changes than in older versions,
like +73 combat in one training shift, instead of maybe 6-8?
Because thats what happens to the girls in version .27, they only take maybe 3 weeks and are at 100 in all stats relevant to the arena.

And is there currently a way to train a girl as a ponygirl or is that one of the future plans?

Nevermind the first question, seems to have been a problem with using a save from the .20 version.
Every girl assigned new to arena training has the lower usual stat changes.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:27:03 PM by Yukinohki »

Offline Baal

« Reply #1488 on: January 11, 2016, 02:39:36 PM »
In the end its always up to each player how they play.
I myself are never really good or really evil, more like true chaotic.  ;D
Also i use mindbending (or breaking) items sometimes, i avoid items like Hamstring, Lobotomy
and i'll never ever execute a girl.

Just remember to share interesting themes that you come up with! I'm currently thinking about playing with all girls as Dryads using a custom item. Have fun!

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #1489 on: January 11, 2016, 03:33:31 PM »
Just remember to share interesting themes that you come up with! I'm currently thinking about playing with all girls as Dryads using a custom item. Have fun!

My current playing style is making money through selling items from the catacombs while training all girls to be perfect.
arena training, then pet training, personal training to get their sexual skills up,
then service center to train their service skill (with the side effect to raise disposition to hide my evil deeds)
then clinic for training and beauty surgeries, then farm where they produce alcohol and other mindbending foodstuff
while training there.
At last training in singing and piano playing.
Yes i'm a bit of a perfectionist. ;D

Offline bsin

« Reply #1490 on: January 20, 2016, 08:17:14 PM »
hey
been working on film jobs. bigger task than i thought. they work differently to most other jobs. there is some excellent mechanic in how film jobs work in game, so i am mainly adding content to expose this more. have also added different kinds of film job. basically more nice, and more nasty types of film, alongside the existing "normal" ones

so far have focussed on adding new job types mostly but in future will make the existing jobs more interesting dialogue-wise (there's some awesome mechanics behind how the film quality is calced but almost none is visible to player - will bring more out). will probably add skills, stat and balancing based stuff to spice up action and bring it inline with new job types.

added SO much and touched so many source files i do really need to test and tidy, but will post what i have tomorrow or friday

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1491 on: January 20, 2016, 10:18:57 PM »
Very excited to see what you have going on, man! I'm writing a little bit and hoping to hear back from Crazy about my template idea, and messing with a few things between fighting with the insurance company, but Films were on my list, so here's to you!

Offline bsin

« Reply #1492 on: January 22, 2016, 10:18:03 PM »
Hey
A contribution to the game here. First fixing a few things and then adding quite a bit.

Details:-
+ Milk job is less insanely generous - because of the way multipliers could stack (e.g. a famous (x2), princess (x3), catgirl (x4)) the payouts could get ridiculous (up to x24 in this example). Changed the flow a little to avoid multiplier stacking, and reduced a few multipliers. Payouts can still be nice, but are no longer insane game-changers.
+ Personal bedwarmer - fixed text output: another missing break in a case structure iirc.
+ Added different types of film job. "Star" jobs, "normal" jobs and "extreme" jobs. Balancing is intended as follows:-
++ "Star" jobs make girl happier, more skilful and famous - giving long term benefits, a warm fuzzy glow, and making you a better person (player disposition)
++ "Normal" jobs are the same jobs from before - will soon be adding content here.
++ "Extreme" jobs are harder scenes - these make girl tired, unhealthy, unhappy and submissive. It may even break some girls (iron will, mind fucked, etc) This will also advertise your evil to the world (player disposition). But also Money.*
+ Added text to a few of the other film jobs.
+ Started to implement a rating system for job performance on films to work with the existing mechanics of how scenes are scored.

Known Bugs
#1: Films scenes still don't seem to pay out - at least according to the daily notification (always payout zero). Compiling the repo as is gives me the same thing (zero payout according to the notification). So I don't think it's anything I did. I had a quick look but haven't yet tracked down why.
#2: Selecting multiple girls and assigning a film job is buggy (definitely something I've done here).
#3: Scenes sometimes show up with blank text.
(#2 and #3 may be due to my inconsistent sequencing of jobs between the const.h file and other files. Still figuring out how the interface does stuff)

* at least this is the plan - See bug #1

Offline The Bigster01

« Reply #1493 on: January 23, 2016, 06:27:23 AM »

*snip*
Known Bugs
#1: Films scenes still don't seem to pay out - at least according to the daily notification (always payout zero). Compiling the repo as is gives me the same thing (zero payout according to the notification). So I don't think it's anything I did. I had a quick look but haven't yet tracked down why.
#2: Selecting multiple girls and assigning a film job is buggy (definitely something I've done here).
#3: Scenes sometimes show up with blank text.
(#2 and #3 may be due to my inconsistent sequencing of jobs between the const.h file and other files. Still figuring out how the interface does stuff)

* at least this is the plan - See bug #1
For Bug #1 one thing I've noticed is that if you have a girl working as the Promoter, and an advertising budget the daily notification will display how much the films are bringing in.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #1494 on: January 25, 2016, 07:06:38 PM »
How does the stat "Ask Price" work exactly through WME?
It increases the flat base value of the girl's earnings by its amount? So if I give her an item that grants +100 Ask Price, she'll earn 100 more gold per job?

Offline bsin

« Reply #1495 on: January 26, 2016, 08:11:44 PM »
I've noticed is that if you have a girl working as the Promoter, and an advertising budget the daily notification will display how much the films are bringing in.
Thanks. Will look into it, see if it's a bug or intended. Seems to me jobs should pay less without a promoter, but still something.
It increases the flat base value of the girl's earnings by its amount? So if I give her an item that grants +100 Ask Price, she'll earn 100 more gold per job?
Think so. That's what I've always seen. Will look.

note to devs: i won't rage-quit if new film jobs aren't how people wanna go. dont mind, as i dev mainly for me anyway. I am perfectly happy to pull down all the cool stuff you guys add and give nothing back! I can easily pull the repo merge in my own files and play on my custom build. this is how i started! if these updates ain't right for the core build, no problem. will prob keep devving these for a while for self, and may offer again later after more bugfix/balance.
your call
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 08:13:35 PM by bsin »

Offline crazy

« Reply #1496 on: January 26, 2016, 08:45:39 PM »
note to devs: i won't rage-quit if new film jobs aren't how people wanna go. dont mind, as i dev mainly for me anyway. I am perfectly happy to pull down all the cool stuff you guys add and give nothing back! I can easily pull the repo merge in my own files and play on my custom build. this is how i started! if these updates ain't right for the core build, no problem. will prob keep devving these for a while for self, and may offer again later after more bugfix/balance.
your call
Been sick and havent had time to look at the changes but reading what u said u did they sound great for the mod to me.  Giving people more options on how to play is what the mod is all about really.

Offline crazy

« Reply #1497 on: February 16, 2016, 08:59:40 PM »
Bsin changes sent to svn.  Took longer then wanted its been crazy around here.  Hoping to get back at coding soon.

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #1498 on: February 19, 2016, 12:51:11 PM »
Its been crazy around here.
Well , you're the expert   :D
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline bsin

« Reply #1499 on: March 01, 2016, 07:23:19 PM »
works crazy again so real busy
probably back in few weeks

will prob update film jobs until happy then not sure what after
if there are things people suggest?