devolution

Author Topic: Characters+traits concept  (Read 31219 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Characters+traits concept
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 05:03:24 PM »
Well, you mentioned that there will be unbreakable characters for example. Without using traits I'm not sure how can you define it at all.
Though I guess a simple, hidden number from -100 to 100 can do it too.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:19:53 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2015, 05:37:04 PM »
Well, you mentioned that there will be unbreakable characters for example. Without using traits I'm not sure how can you define it at all.
Though I guess a simple, hidden number from -100 to 100 can do it too.

Flag or combinations of traits can also do it.

In any case, i think autobuy/equip methods should work now will skills system (now way to test that yet obviously).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 03:32:07 AM »
Yeah, you keep saying that, and yet you don't want to use traits. I'm confused.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 04:15:37 AM »
Yeah, you keep saying that, and yet you don't want to use traits. I'm confused.

I wouldn't want to create it for every trait separately. Also I have said many times that "breaking" training shouldn't be hard... and soften non-existant (conversation). Skills training is different.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2015, 10:16:12 AM »
Body traits.
- The line between normal/big boobs, or long/normal legs is thin enough in some cases to use random traits in random packs.
- That's why we cannot hide them completely. Because of random characters if nothing else.
- Some of them are obvious from the start no matter what. Example: strange eyes.
- Instead of traits list we could use a descriptive option. I mean, you click a button, for example "examine", and the game gives you short description how MC sees the character.
- No matter what we use, description or traits list (or both), we could hide obviously unknown parts until MC findes them out.
Example: no boobs traits until MC will see girl naked, no virgin trait until MC will ask if she's virgin or not (disposition check), no long legs trait until MC will see girl either naked or in revealing clothes. For slaves we could use forcible examination that uncovers all body traits at once.
- Finally, why bother with all that? Why not? Sounds fun and unusual, and we don't have many body traits anyway, I almost covered them all right now.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 10:30:24 AM »

It can be tricky to keep track of if MC seen girl naked or not. What makes it trickier is that it's possible that MC in the game didn't see the girl in the birthday suit but player did in some event. Another obstacle here is that we do not really know what pics does the game display and where...

One way it might be doable is to check if we've displayed any Nude/Sex pics but even that doesn't give us any guarantees.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2015, 11:20:30 AM »
Player doesn't matter in this case. I'm not talking about images, I'm talking about events. MC physically unable to see all girls "images" every turn, he's actually busy with his own stuff while girls work.
I'm talking about events. Like MC had sex with a girl = he knows her size now.

Though I guess it means that we have to track all events anyway, that's a lot of work.
But we can't really hide all traits forever, and you proposed hidden traits  ::)

We still can use descriptive option instead of traits list no matter what.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 11:34:21 AM »
I suggested to base that off mcs stats and now skills...

Lets get back to this after the next release, there is too much that needs to be done without messing with stats descriptions.
Like what we're doing?