devolution

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod Icons and Extra help from Users  (Read 18545 times)

Offline fenicearcana

Re: Crazy and PP's mod Icons and Extra help from Users
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2014, 03:00:35 PM »
tomorrow i will do it. now i'm going out with some friends :)

and about the idea of using layer of text, over blank buttons?
it is possible to add that kind of things? It will be a nice add IMHO

i know how to do that in html, but i cant understand where information are stored.

money, turn, and so on, should be locate in some strings, i'm correct? Where?
probably the layer of text over button is just a simply string who recall some stored text :P

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2014, 03:03:39 PM »
BTW... if you can open the psd file, you just need to add a "new layer" and type the name you need, with the font and color you prefer, using anything from photoshop to corel draw O.o 

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2014, 05:51:42 PM »
I can see what you mean, the buttons don't really fit with the overall texture.
But i do agree on making the visit town button like a sign, would probably look quite nice.
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2014, 11:56:25 AM »
Very nice.

Switch the positions of the "Visit Town" and "Turn Summary" and add an arrow to the "Visit Town" pointing down.
This will make it look as if the "Visit Town" is a street sign pointing you toward town.

Try the "Save Game" and "Next Week"  texts as green and the "Quit" text as red.

Done as you said. i also added my personal taste to the overall adjustment of signal and button.

As you can see, we have more mork to do... but since the comunication on forum is so slow, i'll take a step further and try to customize the rest of buttonsas i feel better and show after this post, as soon as i'm done with it XD

BTW... you see just the color of "off" signal. when you go over them, the green and yellow one will light "red" and the red (Quit) will light with a lighter red :P

i'm just not sure if the quit button is better with or withouth the lighter part, as i compare in the 2nd image
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:05:04 PM by fenicearcana »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »
well on second thought i prefer the last i made, on the right. do you agree?

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2014, 01:00:36 PM »
that's my final proposal for now. how do you like it? XD

Offline Wirbelwind

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2014, 02:27:38 AM »
that's my final proposal for now. how do you like it? XD
Personally, I like those Save/Quit buttons, but they're bit hard to read. The text is too dark or it needs clearer border to distinguish from background.

Also all of the buttons need consistency for them to be recognizable as a button. For example the "Next Week" button seems like a title for all the text below it instead of a button. Maybe put the "Next Week" button also on a wooden background.
I know it's work in progress, so it's probably just that you haven't decided on a specific style and left other style buttons there just to compare or didn't have time to re-make those yet.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2014, 11:45:52 AM »
Personally, I like those Save/Quit buttons, but they're bit hard to read. The text is too dark or it needs clearer border to distinguish from background.

Also all of the buttons need consistency for them to be recognizable as a button. For example the "Next Week" button seems like a title for all the text below it instead of a button. Maybe put the "Next Week" button also on a wooden background.
I know it's work in progress, so it's probably just that you haven't decided on a specific style and left other style buttons there just to compare or didn't have time to re-make those yet.

Mostly i'm trying to use a "wooden texture set" who Crazy and Aevojoy liked a lot, but the button tend to not-blend into the texture itself, so i'm trying different solution to use them. If we can't, i'll try to crate new one.

The Next week , as you say, doesn't resemble a button at all and maybe changing it's position would be a better choice.

Agreed also on Quit and Save. I do prefer the yellow one, but maybe i just have to try a brither color of red and green XD

Offline ChancellorPalpatine

• Senator for Naboo, Chancellor of the Galactic Empire
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2015, 02:30:25 AM »
Uhh... Is this topic dead?

Because I surely hope not. This looks amazing.
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.

Offline mika

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2015, 04:54:20 AM »
Different icons for the farm and possibly slave market would be very useful. When i started playing, for the slave market i just didn't think to associate the current chain ball icon with a "market". I would have expected something like a cage with bars and silhouetes of girls in it... or something of the like. For the farm, the problem is it looks very similiar to the "centre" icon.... with only the location on the map giving a hint. It also looks similiar to the "house". In general, i don't think using buildings as icons (unless they have obviously unique features) is a good idea.

Also, why not outrightly display a label below the icon, to remove all ambiguity?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2015, 07:20:10 AM »
Different icons for the farm and possibly slave market would be very useful. When i started playing, for the slave market i just didn't think to associate the current chain ball icon with a "market". I would have expected something like a cage with bars and silhouetes of girls in it... or something of the like. For the farm, the problem is it looks very similiar to the "centre" icon.... with only the location on the map giving a hint. It also looks similiar to the "house". In general, i don't think using buildings as icons (unless they have obviously unique features) is a good idea.
When the farm was made I asked for someone to make an icon for it but no one stepped up.
Without an icon, I had to make one myself so I copied the Centre icon, mirrored it and changed its color.
If anyone can make one, I will use it.

Also, why not outrightly display a label below the icon, to remove all ambiguity?
That can be done.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug