devolution

Author Topic: Questions and Compliments  (Read 2190 times)

Offline randy

Questions and Compliments
« on: September 22, 2010, 09:09:30 PM »
First of all, this is a great project, I was really surprised at how entertaining it has been for such a simple premise.  I see alot of potential if the development isn't dropped and you could make a serious game out of it, especially if you added randomization features that led to infinite play.

I'd enjoy sharing my ideals for it's expansion, however, lets get to the topic of this post.

Seeing how there isn't a wiki (something someone should really make!!)  let the questions begin:

1.)  Is there a way to delete/turn off the random generic girls?  I have a folder of 100 different ladies, and instead of building up a nice collection of unique gals, I have a dozen of the same Horny Girl.  I don't like this, each character should be unique, so how can I remove the random feature so that "Take a Walk" only rewards a unique girl.  I'd also like the kidnapping and daughter debts to be unique, but I'll settle for "Take a Walk" being 100% unique.

2.)  Is there any way to increase rival gang spawns?  I'd like 2+ new ones to pop up more often and be more focused on taking out the "new guy" or the "rising star" than each other.  The game is kinda easy right now, it just plays itself, it would be more interesting if the challenge was slightly harder.

3.) Once you've gained a unique girl, is there a check that is always ticked, and if she dies, you can't roll that same unique girl again?  Unique ladies are one time per game?  Or you can only possess one unique lady at a time?

4.) Girl Levels.   What is the point of this feature for slaves?  My slave was making 100g per customer at level 3 and is still making 100g per customer at level 8.  Unimplemented feature?  If so down the line it could be the limiting "Cap" a girl could make until she levels up.  Level 0 = 50, Level 5 = 100, Level 10 = 150, Level 15 = 200, and level 20 = 250. 

5.) Slaves vs Frees.  Slaves seem better overall, you take a disposition hit to evil, but disposition doesn't play a role yet.  This is a question for you, however, I'll add a small solution I intend to mod.  Free girls will have a chance at shopping for unique items only they can find in stores.  To get these items, first the girl has to earn enough money, then she has to actually find the item.  These unique items will be some of the best in the game, I might even remove Epic bracers of Seduction and Greater Scar Healing potion from the shop, and add it to this unique list.

Really, the big question for this post is, how to remove the random generic girls from the "Take a Walk" table, thanks so much if you can answer.

Offline TF

Re: Questions and Compliments
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 11:37:03 PM »
1) In my experience, the "Take a Walk" feature is heavily weighted towards awarding unique girls. I play with something close to 400 unique girls and a couple dozen randoms, and manage to have a ratio of only about 1 in 10 girls be random making sure I get a girl from taking a walk each day (in addition to kidnapping and getting girls from the catacombs [which is where I think the majority of my random girls come from, anyway.]) Are you sure your that all the .girlsx files you're trying to use are properly formatted (.girlsx rather than .girls) and in the proper folder, and that you've started a new game after adding girls.

2) The plans for the game at the moment will likely rework how you confront gangs quite a bit. You're going to have to work at opening up and taking over new sections of town, and I believe I saw something about having to defeat boss monsters in the catacombs. The Town Wards topic covers a good deal of what's planned, I believe.

3) Unique girls are indeed as the name implies, unique... that is, of course, unless you have the same girl multiple times in one .girlsx file, or in multiple .girlsx files. Dead is dead (and gone), unless I'm very much mistaken.

4) Girls have chances of gaining favorable traits with increased levels, I believe. Can't recall if there were any other benefits offhand.

5) I didn't really see a question, so... ummm... OK?

If you really want random girls not to crop up from the 'Take a Walk' function, you could use the WMEditor and make sure the catacombs box is checked for each random girl, but then of course you'd *only* get them from the catacombs.

Offline Ildon

Re: Questions and Compliments
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:40:38 PM »
I'm seeing the 'unique' girls spawn again after death myself, and I'm very sure that I only have a single instance of each one in the packs at the moment. They'll die to whatever cause, time passes, and you'll eventually see them in the dungeon again after being kidnapped by your gangs.