devolution

Author Topic: Modding and missing files  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Aika

Modding and missing files
« on: April 04, 2012, 12:47:20 AM »
I have been attempting to try my hand at modding this great game, but have been running into some problems right out of the gate.

I wasn't going to attempt any major mods right away, just some fixes of bugs I had observed in the code, for example:

In cGirls.cpp
Code: [Select]
    // MYR: Sanity checks on incorporial. It is actually possible (but very rare)
    //      for both girls to be incorporial.
    if(a->has_trait("Incorporial") && b->has_trait("Incorporial"))
    {
        l.ss()    << "\ngirl_fights_girl: Both " << a->m_Realname << " and " << b->m_Realname
            << " are incorporial, so the fight is a draw.\n";
        return 0;
    }
    else if(a->has_trait("Incorporial"))
    {
        l.ss()    << "\ngirl_fights_girl: " << a->m_Realname << " is incorporial, so she wins.\n";
        return 1;
    }
    /*else if(a->has_trait("Incorporial"))
     *BUG FIXED: Wrong girl is checked for opponent's incorporial check */
    else if(b->has_trait("Incorporial"))
    {
        l.ss()    << "\ngirl_fights_girl: " << b->m_Realname << " is incorporial, so she wins.\n";
        return 2;
    }

And a bug in the Rivalry code that would cause a rival to be ended if they had exactly 33500 or 48500 gold when defeated (unlikely to have those exact numbers, but you never know). When trying to compile a game with these minor changes, I get this:

Quote from: Visual Studio C++ 2010 Express
1>------ Build started: Project: Whore Master, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  '"SubWCRev.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
1>  operable program or batch file.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(103,5): error MSB3073: The command ""SubWCRev.exe" "(snip)\trunk\BrothelMaster\." "(snip)\trunk\BrothelMaster\Revision.wcrev" "(snip)\trunk\BrothelMaster\Revision.h" -f
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(103,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" exited with code 9009.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

On closer inspection it appears that at least part of the reason this is coming up is because the Revision.h file is completely missing from my folder. However, the Revision.wcrev file is there.

Not knowing exactly what Revision.h contains, I decided I would be better off asking for a copy of the file to be made available than to try to comment it out and fix the no doubt nightmarish problems which would be caused by trying to do this. It is called for in both InterfaceProcesses.cpp and Main.cpp

So, can anyone help me out here? I either need a copy of this missing file (and any other files missing from the SVN) or some assistance in safely removing the need for the file, without causing other major bugs.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:56:47 AM by Aika »

Offline Aika

Re: Modding and missing files
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:42:26 AM »
Never mind, I found the answer in http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=269.30

The project expects you to compile straight from the checked out version from the SVN (the one with all the .svn folders, etc..). It calls an external exe file ("SubWCRev.exe") during the build process to add the SVN build number to the source files.

Personally i don't like working directly on the SVN version and you can avoid that but in that case you need to disable the pre-build step in the project options (set Use in Build to No), and then copy "Revision.wcrev" to "Revision.h" manually and edit it so svn_revision is set to whatever version you'd like to be displayed ("1.30.643" for example).