Author Topic: Whore Master Patch  (Read 193671 times)

Offline dr678diablo

Re: Whore Master Patch
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2012, 07:51:52 PM »
so its as bad as i thought, i will need to open the files and edit them changing "Beastiality" to "OralSex", and removing beastiality pictures and adding oral ones?

yeah this sucks and after i had just got done converting all the images to only WM format i have more stuff to change

Im just going to change Beast to Sex and add some oralsex

Offline Aika

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2012, 03:24:31 PM »
While I've been waiting on Lurker and Popuri to send me a girls pack to use for my release, I've been working on a couple of them myself. I'm finding I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to making a random girl pack, so I've been working on unique girls.

To be included so far in the initial release:
In the catacombs:
Yukari Takeba - Persona 3
Rydia of Mist - Final Fantasy IV

Around town:
Sakura Haruno - Naruto

In the slave market:

At this point, I'm getting fairly excited to release the new version. This is the first release that will contain major changes to the game, and I'd like to get it out there so I can start to get an idea of what I need to work on next. I've tried to do the majority of the testing by myself, but I can only really fix obvious bugs or bugs I'm expecting to find. Now it's time to let more people play it so they can alert me to the less obvious bugs that I'm not expecting. I'm looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:32:49 PM by Aika »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »
Yukari Takeba - Persona 3
You might want to use some pictures from the pack I've made for wm ex, all links are here.

Offline Aika

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »
I'll take a look at it, but if anything I'm pickier than FUTURE. You'll see a lot of differences and image recategorization between his version of Rydia and mine.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2012, 05:25:37 PM »
Quick question, Aika.  For your girls, is the basic trait list what we're using?  Also do you prefer all the girls in one big girlsx file, or one file per girl?

Offline Aika

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2012, 05:46:51 PM »
Yes, so far the basic trait list is what we're using. I'll be making additions to the list, but I won't be removing anything that's already there. One file per girl would be preferable, it doesn't really take up much more space (we're talking less than a kb) and this way people can easily remove packs they don't like.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2012, 06:13:30 PM »
Ok, I'll work on cleaning some of my stuff up tonight when I get home from class.  I've got a ton of random girls, but a lot of them only have about 7 or 8 pictures, and not all are great quality.  I raided stuff like FFT and Disgaea human characters.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »
Way to much on my plate IRL atm so I havnt gotten far with the girl packs.
Got Ada Wong, Bonne Jennet and Celes Chere almost done though.

Offline blind

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »
You guys are amazing, thanks for doing this.  I wish i knew how to help with the packs ...

Offline Popuri

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »
Mid-terms be upon me, so free time is limited.  Just wanted to throw one out to make sure it fits what you're looking for, Aika.  Here's Tsunade (a little bigger than my usual packs, but still under 5 MB, so not bad.  Doesn't have her scripts, since I figure I'll wait until I see what you do with scripting.

Knowing Tsunade, with the current set-up her 'meet' script would have her ring up a huge tab in your gambling den and wind up signing on to work it off. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?j539f92nedhuu7d

Offline Aika

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2012, 10:39:11 AM »
Looks good. A little high on stats and traits, but not overly so.

I've been thinking about how I'm going to go about the random girls in my mod. The random girls, as I see it, are fillers between the unique girls. Unique girls are the 'special' girls, the ones with lots of sexy pictures to look at, but random girls are the 'common' girls. Since random girls are going to be filling the brothel for the most part, they're the ones we need the most of.

In the interest of being able to make lots of different random girls without blowing the characters folder up to a HUGE size, I've thought up some guidelines for random girls.

• Random girls should have one (and only one) picture in each normal category, and at least a Preg pic, if not all preg pics.
  • Each pic in a random girl pack should be similar enough to the others that we can believe it might be the same girl.
  • There can be more than one random girl in a single category, IE if you have two schoolgirls and they look different enough, make 2 packs: Schoolgirl1 and Schoolgirl2
  • If the pack is full of images of the same girl (not just girls with a similar appearance, but the same girl), go the extra mile and convert her into a unique girl.
The idea here is to be able to fill the Characters folder with lots and lots of different random girls without slowing the game down due to the number of pictures necessary for the game to load.

Unique girls will still be larger packs. Since these are going to be the girls players are going to want to pay attention to, they should have lots of pictures in as many categories as possible.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:41:55 AM by Aika »

Offline Popuri

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2012, 10:43:19 AM »
Looks good. A little high on stats and traits, but not overly so.

Yeah, part of that comes from her source, where she's supposed to be one of the big bads.  I figure it's offset some by her 'Iron Will' and 'Fearless', added to her high spirit and confidence and low obedience, making her really good, but unless you're very nice to her, hard to control.

Offline Aika

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2012, 12:46:48 PM »
I threw together an Editor version that should output correct xml files for Girls, rGirls, and items.
Needless to say I don't have tested it with the game because I don't have the Mod version that should require it.

Now a Disclaimer: The Editor doesn't work with unmodified xml files! You have to replace each "Beastiality" with "OralSex" in the files. (search&replace functions are in every text editor known to me, so that should not be an issue)

The Editor seems to work correctly and I even went and changed the Ui to prevent confusion.

There are a lot of things the editor could do better but the source code is a bit messy and I remember next to nothing of what I should about C#, and while I would like to put at least some sanity checks in the code I doubt I will find the energy to deal with the coding.

I've tested this out with my current items and girlsx files. It seems to work without any problems, so I'll go ahead and replace the old, non-working editor with this one. Thanks a bunch for this!

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2012, 12:59:02 PM »
Random girls should have one (and only one) picture in each normal category, and at least a Preg pic, if not all preg pics.
Why so strictly? It's not so hard to find at least 2-3 good similar pictures. And since they _are_ similar, you can't make more packs with them.

Offline Aika

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »
Again, the idea is to add as many random girls as possible without slowing the game down in any way. I don't know what the total file size limitations are, and it may only matter to those that have GB's of pictures to be loaded. It may only matter to those with slower systems or less system memory. It may never come up, but at some point the number of pictures being loaded into memory will slow the game down. The game loads all of the girls' pictures into memory when the game starts... ALL of them, and they remain in memory until the game exits. Keeping the random girls as minimal as possible while remaining functional allows for a larger number of girls to be added to the game before it starts to slow the system down.

Of course, I might not completely understand the code that loads the pictures into memory. I'll have to take another look at that section of code later.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:05:41 PM by Aika »