devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master Patch  (Read 193727 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Whore Master Patch
« Reply #315 on: June 17, 2012, 03:26:14 PM »
@Xela,
To be clear, I was trying to ponder the motivations that would be behind the actions of a 'Free Girl' and a Slave. I was thinking back to early American History, and for the most part, Class Mobility is a driving goal for many Freemen. In the world of Crossgate (WM) that may not be a realizable goal, as you pointed out. Even still, there should be motivations and what those are and what effects they will cause could be useful to know.

When I read your posts I think about brainstorming towards writing a book or a visual novel. In my mind brainstorming towards a good Sim mechanics needs to be at lower, simpler level. On the other hand if this is helpful to Aika, I am not to judge.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Aika

« Reply #316 on: June 17, 2012, 04:42:50 PM »
Ok, before we can start any kind of discussion over whether love/hate changes need to be rebalanced, we need to know exactly what causes changes in love or hate. So I've gone through the code, to get a full list.

Love+:
Free a slave (10)
Increase accomodations (slave) (No gain at level 0 accomodation, else double freegirl gain)
Increase accomodations (free) (1 point per turn for lvl 1 accomodation and 1 point for every 3 levels above, IF happiness = 100 AND (accomodation level is higher than the girl's level if girl's level is less than 6))
Happiness is 100 (2)
House slider <= 30 (varies)

Love-:
House slider > 60 (varies, free girls only)
Enslave (-10)
Rape interactions (-2)
Scold interactions (varies depending on spirit, -1 to -4)
Torture a girl (varies, -2 or -5)
Slave in the dungeon for a turn (-1 if feeding, -2 if starving)
Free girl in the dungeon for a turn (-4 if feeding, -5 if starving)
Her love of the PC made the difference in her decision to obey (-1)
Take away her money (slave -5, free -30)
Hurt (-1)
Badly hurt (-1 additional)
Tired (-1)
Extremely tired (-1 additional)
Health deteriorated from being tired (-1)
Unhappy free girl (-2)
Security girl was defeated (-20)
Girl was raped by customers (-20)

Hate+
House slider > 60 (varies, free girls only)
Enslave (5)
Rape interactions (3)
Take away her money (slave 5, free 30)
Any girl dies (1)
Low happiness (varies depending on how low it is)
Girl in dungeon (1 / starving free girl 4)
Hurt (1)
Badly hurt (1 additional)
Very tired (1)
Tortured (1 or 3)
Security girl was defeated (20)
Girl was kidnapped (50)
Girl was raped by customers (20)
Decrease accomodations to equal or less than girl's level, IF girl's level is less than 6 AND happiness = 0 (varies)

Hate-
House slider <= 30
Increase accomodations (slave) (No loss at level 0 accomodation, else double freegirl loss)
 Increase accomodations (free) (-1 point per turn for lvl 1 accomodation and -1 point for every 3 levels above, IF happiness = 100 AND (accomodation level is higher than the girl's level if girl's level is less than 6))

Ok, I think I got all of it in there. I may have missed one or two special cases.

From what I can tell here, as long as you're treating the girl right and her happiness is 100, her love will rise quickly, especially if you have her at an accomodation level higher than her level. (doesn't necessarily have any effect on her hate). Given that all girls need 255 experience to increase in level, and all jobs give around 5 experience (ignoring quick/slow learner), it takes 51 turns to level. A level 0 girl will, if treated well (happiness stays at 100) max out her love in 50 turns. If also a free girl's accomodation level is 2, she will max out in 33 turns, and a slave girl also at accomodation level 1 will max out in 25 turns. In all cases, you will max her love before she even gains her first level.

So, this needs to be changed, and I'll be looking at this as my next project after I have the jobs code finished.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:48:06 PM by Aika »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #317 on: June 17, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »
 Can you also make a list of where in the game love/hate are being checked against?

It might make some sense to completely remove accommodations from the equation for love stat, girl seems to fall in love simply if you are offering her a nice room but that (I assume) also increases costumers satisfaction and gives your brothel better rep? If not that is also something that should be considered as an addon.

Love is hard to advise on, most of those things should increase gratitude and happiness instead of love but we do not have gratitude in WM, maybe PCLove is something best left along for interactions and items (gifts)?

Hate is something simpler I think, more ways to decrease hate are needed, like maybe accommodations, good treatment of girls in general (clean brothel, happy girls, good security and so on). Tortured seems off, should be a greater penalty unless there are traits suggesting that she likes pain. Any girl dies should give a decent increase to PCFear and PCHate for all girls in the brothel as well. Not sure I understand the defeated security girl penalty, especially it being so high.

I'll try to get some sleep tonight so I'll leave it at this...
Like what we're doing?

Offline crazy

« Reply #318 on: June 17, 2012, 11:42:16 PM »
Any girl dies should give a decent increase to PCFear and PCHate for all girls in the brothel as well.
I'll have to look now but I thought it already did.  I see akia didn't list it so maybe not but I thought I seen that in the code somewhere...

Offline seercoven

« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2012, 06:34:04 AM »
any idea why when i load the save it shows:
warning the exe is not detected as offical, it was detected as modded. Attempting to load anyways?
able to do something about this msg?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #320 on: June 18, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »
I always wonder why WM uses two variables, love and hate, instead of one (let's say, from -100 to 100). They are pretty much two sides of one coin.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:02:28 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Ioriya

« Reply #321 on: June 18, 2012, 03:09:08 PM »
I guess you can love, but still hate?

love and hate is a very complicated thing.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #322 on: June 18, 2012, 03:21:42 PM »
We talk about WM here. Does game actually use both of them at the same time? I'm not sure.
In most cases, if girl has maximum love she has minimum hate, and vise versa.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:29:14 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2012, 03:33:20 PM »
I always wonder why WM uses two variables, love and hate, instead of one (let's say, from -100 to 100). They are pretty much two sides of one coin.

Something to consider... I had similar idea but to turn hate into 'disposition towards the player as you suggest' and keep love separate just for players interest.
Like what we're doing?

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2012, 05:01:11 PM »
just booted up the game after downloading some girl packs. for some reason 0 unique girls and all the random girls are showing up on my save.

BUT if i create a new save unique girls start showing up! any ideas? is it normal??

Offline Popuri

« Reply #325 on: June 18, 2012, 05:36:13 PM »
That's something I'd considered as well, Xela.  I'd intended to replace the PCHate with 'Loyalty'.  Loyalty would serve as the main stat for helping a girl obey, and decrease when 'hate' would increase.  PCLove was going to be mostly for interactions and story/scripts.  Also had plans to, instead of listing PCLove, have an image on the portrait that indicated.  A heart that changed colors as Love increased, but if you moused over it, it would show the number.  Never did finish my GUI though.

Offline drake

« Reply #326 on: June 18, 2012, 06:09:18 PM »
Hey Aika, I was wondering if you were ever going to get around to uploading the updated source code.  Not that big a deal I guess, but I was hoping to play the current patch with a few changes to suit my gameplay preferences.

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2012, 10:00:04 AM »
i was wondering for ease of use can you make the game search through folders inside the girls folders for images? a little confusing... EG:
instead of it searching for:
Kitsune Miko\BDSM1.jpg
how about:
Kitsune Miko\BDSM\1.jpg
this im purely for ease of sorting the images and only an idea....

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #328 on: June 19, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »
i was wondering for ease of use can you make the game search through folders inside the girls folders for images? a little confusing... EG:
instead of it searching for:
Kitsune Miko\BDSM1.jpg
how about:
Kitsune Miko\BDSM\1.jpg
this im purely for ease of sorting the images and only an idea....

I am not sure that is more convenient... Will simply be a mess of pic folders...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:24:16 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline b00marrows

« Reply #329 on: June 19, 2012, 10:45:11 AM »
I am not sure that is more convenient... Will simply be a mess of pic folders...

HAHA, how'd you get that? ??? its to FIX the mess!!!!

sorting the 30 images into 10 folders.... separated by what type they are

you must have read it wrong  :D

EDIT: Ok to explain it more;
instead of having 30 image in the girls folder (5 profile images 3 anal 4 sex 2 oral 6 bdsm ETC...)

you could make it easyer to handle/sort by adding folders EG;
inside of the girls folder have folder's spliting the difirent images. 1 folder for anal, 1 folder for bdsm, 1 folder for combat, ETC. and inside the folders are the images.

i cant think of any other way to explain it....

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:54:07 AM by b00marrows »