Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3815842 times)

Offline MrKlaus

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2910 on: July 20, 2014, 04:11:42 AM »

Girlmeets:

I know it's kind of late, but I feel that GMs that rely on seducing girls to recruit them for job is just a bad idea. It looks fine at start, but just imagining that you may later want to have, let's say, 50 free girls, and need to go through the same for each of them... no, just no.

SO...for recruiting a new girl, I think we should stay mostly within persuasion only (without all these kisses and such) as requirement to hire a girl.

I'm imagining:
 - questions to figure out more about her (her traits, possible profession, class and experience - basics are in gms already)
 - persuasion (putting MC charisma and other skills to use together with your business fame/infame, buildings owned...etc)
 - plain money offer (you just promise her so much so it will be hard to refuse you)
 - threatening/drugging/kidnap whatever if we decide to add some evil routes
 And disposition only helping a little with this.

To the list of ways of acquiring free girls also could be added:
 - a bad financial situation forcing them into working for the MC (they just randomly come and offering their service for a fee).
 - saving them from some kind of danger, for example monster attack or attempt kidnapping (for a good MC, or staging one for an evil MC).
 - buying out her debt from a lawn shark, so she is forced into working for the MC (here the flaw is that we are force to add another NPC to the game).

From my point of view, if the number of free girls will go up in the future, we could create a job center/employment agency for an easier employing. The agency would be something like current slave pens but the MC would be paying fees for signing the girls to the agency. Contracts could be signed, let’s say for 3 months or without  employment term. If MC would kick the girl before the contract ends he would paying some cash to her. Also the job center could have some extra options, making it more complex. For example, MC could commission the agency to find him girls with certain traits for money. Of course charisma and fame would give the MC some discounts.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2911 on: July 20, 2014, 04:46:34 AM »
@KingofKings:

?
Did I make a confusing post again? *sigh* This happen all the time...

Alter working on girlmeets before, and trying to find a base for balancing disposition gain now, this is actually mend to simplify that work a lot. It doesn't really propose to add anything right now.

If I didn't forget something important, then codewise it should just be:
- reducing the disposition gains/loses in jobs (just changing the numbers)
- creating a two flags for friend/love status (that doesn't even need to be there and use just numbers like now)
- making a check for high disposition girls that you need to interact with them one in a week or so or they disposition drop

for GM
- rewriting the Hire label a bit so it's based less on disposition and more on your fame (it actually work like this a bit even now)
- adding girls lvl into consideration (adding experience to girls in city so they are not are at lv 1 is planned already)
- and here I'm thinking about adding a stat to girlmeets only about how persuaded that girl is to work for you, to balance this independently on disposition, as that was a problem in Alpha (I'm currently testing this)

And that's all folks

btw. Option to add Unique lines (beside option to start a whole customized meetscript) for each girl is already there for modders that may be interested in that. It's not forced on anyone, girl without that will just use basic lines.

@MrKlaus:
This ALL has been talked about and agreed on already actually. It was mend to be a part of "Life simulation" where each girl do live and work somewhere (you own girls do they own shopping and such was also a part of this) but that was postponed a lot I believe as it does not add that much gameplay for the required work as other things on the ToDo list.

Agency stuff sounds nice, but it's too code dependable for me to think about it. Also is we introduce some contract and wage negotiations, that would be another thing to balance.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 04:55:21 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2912 on: July 20, 2014, 04:51:31 AM »
For every girl that goes in, they would need to be made so as to line up with the new system, and that will put more work on the girl creators and modders because not only do they have all the work they have now to make them work, but they will need to be able to come up with (Possibly) unique lines and phrases for each outcome. Add to that with the random levels, while somewhat easy to do, will be harder to work because some girls are always weaker than others in their various cannon, so it will require that to be included aswell.
Sorry, that might be possible for EA maybe if they would agree to make free open source hentai games instead of Sims, but definitely not for us  :D
All character uniqueness that girls have is provided by traits and base race. There is nothing new for creators and modders.
As for unique lines and phrases for each outcome, I believe we might need different lines for various traits and disposition levels, just like we have them now, but without too deep analysis of combinations, simply because 81 traits mean more than 3000 pairwise combinations and more than 80000 triple combinations, if I remember formulas correctly.
===============================================================================

Ok, let's separate girlsmeets and dating system then. When you just try to hire a girl, there shouldn't be things like kissing.

Instead there should be an option to invite them on a date as a separate event where player could do all these things if he willing to, providing that disposition is high enough.
There are a lot of games, even jrpgs and strategies, where a separate dating system exists with simple choices like where to go, what gift to give, what to talk about, etc.

But let's make girlsmeets first.
I'll probably finish with items in 4-5 days, then I'll help you with lines, if you do not mind. You could outline a new json meanwhile without lines, just with conditions, like we have now "refuse for chat",  "about her", etc. Or I'll do it myself after items.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:14:30 AM by DarkTl »

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2913 on: July 20, 2014, 05:31:53 AM »
Ok, let's separate girlsmeets and dating system then. When you just try to hire a girl, there shouldn't be things like kissing.
I'm still figuring how to do that so it's not totally boring to play. With complete separation we would probably lose to much atm, as there's nothing interesting yet to replace the interaction part...  (something like wage negotiation).

I'm definitely not going to waste any lines we already have If I can avoid it. These options could even stay in girlmeets like they are now I believe, we just need to move the actual texts to a place where they could be easily accessed from any place (i.e. Kiss from gm, kiss from interaction, kiss from date, kiss from random event will all use the same pool of kiss responses) so it's more manageable.

I also have some new lines (from another games mostly), just didn't have time to implement them...

----------
To be honest, I'm still more inclined to just create a new girls as I like doing that the most, but I stopped because of the unresolved tag issues...
This balancing stuff is giving me headaches  :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:22:25 AM by CherryWood »

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #2914 on: July 20, 2014, 08:03:01 AM »
All character uniqueness that girls have is provided by traits and base race. There is nothing new for creators and modders.
As for unique lines and phrases for each outcome, I believe we might need different lines for various traits and disposition levels.

I don't have the knowledge to help You guys code this, but I'm here as a supporting writer. If you need dialogs, describes or anything else don't hesitate to PM me with details.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2915 on: July 20, 2014, 09:57:57 AM »
Is the current repo version stable? I can't get pass next day - but I didn't played for a while, so its maybe caused by some old girl files I may have here...
Code: [Select]
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 125, in script
    with dissolve
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 352, in <module>
    text ("%d" % len(list(girl for girl in guards if girl.action in ("Rest" "AutoRest")))) style "next_day_summary_text"
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 352, in <genexpr>
    text ("%d" % len(list(girl for girl in guards if girl.action in ("Rest" "AutoRest")))) style "next_day_summary_text"
TypeError: 'in <string>' requires string as left operand, not NoneType

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #2916 on: July 20, 2014, 10:18:11 AM »
Cherry,

When i reload from the repo i can't even start it.
Code: [Select]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Style'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.15.0-sdk\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 254, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.15.0-sdk\renpy\main.py", line 203, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.15.0-sdk\renpy\script.py", line 177, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.15.0-sdk\renpy\script.py", line 436, in load_appropriate_file
    if self.load_file(dir, fn + compiled, initcode):
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.15.0-sdk\renpy\script.py", line 310, in load_file
    data, stmts = self.load_file_core(dir, fn)
  File "C:\Games\Downs\renpy-6.15.0-sdk\renpy\script.py", line 288, in load_file_core
    data, stmts = loads(f.read().decode('zlib'))
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Style'

Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2
Ren'Py 6.15.4.320

So i can't really say for certain. I could be forgotting something simple, but for the life of me i can't recall what.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2917 on: July 20, 2014, 12:30:25 PM »
I don't have any issues, and my copy is synchronized with repo. If you need new girls files, there are in my dp somewhere, but we didn't change that much, I think.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #2918 on: July 20, 2014, 12:51:53 PM »
I'll try to start anew and test again. Thx for the answer.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2919 on: July 20, 2014, 02:55:26 PM »
Actually, you could try to update renpy itself for a start.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #2920 on: July 20, 2014, 02:57:59 PM »
Both... :D works now. Thanks for the tip anyways :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2921 on: July 20, 2014, 05:34:33 PM »
Good bit of reading :)

@CW I am not sure that I can make a sense of that error, I'll try to take a look tomorrow.

Otherwise, I like the ideas and we should move that way, yeah. Also it would be nice of we could work in girls that don't start at level 0 in there and it'd be nice if non-player girls had some employment (someone should try and make a simple sheet of "profession": multiplier pairs).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2922 on: July 21, 2014, 02:28:43 AM »
^I could, if you clarify what do you mean by multiplier here.

Btw, looks like we have a fully translated Artificial Academy 2 available on ponolab and hongfire. There are a lot of interesting ideas, including dialogue topics.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:34:07 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2923 on: July 21, 2014, 10:05:51 AM »
^I could, if you clarify what do you mean by multiplier here.

As usual, some base wage * multiplier = wage. Some job should pay more than others and multiplier would be a simpler way of controlling that than just values.

Btw, looks like we have a fully translated Artificial Academy 2 available on ponolab and hongfire. There are a lot of interesting ideas, including dialogue topics.

Yeap, I've noticed.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #2924 on: July 21, 2014, 11:31:34 AM »
If you want a "simple" way to have the free girls or even the slaves not in the market have a free job, you could think about adding a carnival or market to the Park.

That way the service girls can man stands, guards can guard there (or the slavemarket and arena) and even the whores can try to intice the customers there.

with the slaves there off course is a owner you need to buy/steal/kill her from and could end up with fighting for her with the owner and his goons.

That's just an idea though.