devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3815635 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2955 on: July 26, 2014, 01:43:42 PM »

I finally get rid of my problems with renpy and I'm able to run the game again. This new stuff in game is nice, great work guys!

@Cherry, do you have any progress with girlsmeets?
No, I have like 100 or more additional text responses, but this is probably not what you are asking for.

Feel free to do anything you want with girlmeets files. I now only plan to add these texts and maybe few small checks but that's all and it can wait.

I know that I said that I want to do some changes, but even if I feel that something about current girlmeets is not quite right, I was not able to transform my random thoughts into something worthwhile.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 02:48:14 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2956 on: July 26, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »
I know that I said that I want to do some changes, but even if I feel that something about current girlmeets is not quite right, I was not able to transform my random thoughts into something worthwhile.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing, that's why the idea is to write a fresh concept :)

Otherwise, I spent 4 hours getting rid of some errors from the SE module, going to try and work on it for a few hours more.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2957 on: July 26, 2014, 05:05:04 PM »
@Klaus
Cool descriptions  :)
I guess you could try to write long ones as well, they will be used not for description field, but as a direct speech of some npc. Even if there will be different npcs describing alignments, we always can edit them a bit.

@Xela
We probably need some kind of small picture to show at least big alignment circle, it will be much more vivid and memorable. Maybe it should be available anytime, even in BE, if it's not too difficult. We should mention all weaknesses in the long descriptions, of course.

I'll try to form my own concept of girlsmeets after finishing items. So far I'm positive that recruiting and dating should be separated, and enemy/friend/lover statuses should be used.

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #2958 on: July 26, 2014, 05:18:03 PM »
@DarkTI

Ok I will do the long ones  8)

About mentioning the weakness. Xela pointed it to me in PM, that short should also have them. In my opinion we could just add a bracket at the end with a description of the weak/strong against types.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2959 on: July 26, 2014, 06:13:14 PM »
I'll try to form my own concept of girlsmeets after finishing items. So far I'm positive that recruiting and dating should be separated, and enemy/friend/lover statuses should be used.
That would be great - I tried for something like that, but I had problems figuring out especially the recruiting part. For dating it's easier, we have a great base in current girlmeets + there are many ways to expand like going to locations and do stuff there, girls being proactive and suggest things, moods, events, etc.  But how to hire free girls in some convenient way...
So I'm looking forward for your ideas

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2960 on: July 26, 2014, 06:16:17 PM »
But how to hire free girls in some convenient way...

Should depend on a job he has and we'll have some form of recruitment agency for unemployed girls or girls looking for better jobs in the future.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2961 on: July 26, 2014, 08:17:48 PM »
SF Update:

- Some code rescaling
- Loads of new SE code (Not working yet but very close to it's first run)
- Saving before every menu is disabled so there are is no more freezing on menus! (Finally figured out how, had to rewrite one of RenPy functions)

Loads of new GUI functionality but no exploration yet, still managed to write about 100 lines of code even for that :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2962 on: July 27, 2014, 04:07:05 AM »
One thing that we missed is that characters with prostitute occupation in theory should be available for hiring anytime. Why else they called prostitutes after all?
Here we could use casanova skills checks to improve disposition a bit (but MC still has to pay for service).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2963 on: July 27, 2014, 06:09:19 AM »
hiring

I'd prefer a system where it depends on their current occupation, if they already have a job and you don't want to bother with disposition, they have no motive to join you.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #2964 on: July 27, 2014, 06:29:23 AM »
 It just hit me. Do we have a destined graphic visualization of the NPC that will talk about the alignments? Depending of it gender and looks I will make the dialog more fitting to the NPC characteristics.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2965 on: July 27, 2014, 06:32:08 AM »
It just hit me. Do we have a destined graphic visualization of the NPC that will talk about the alignments? Depending of it gender and looks I will make the dialog more fitting to the NPC characteristics.

I always imagined some seasoned old warrior but it's more than open for discussion.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2966 on: July 27, 2014, 06:43:34 AM »
Does anyone get crashes every 2 - 3 times game is starting or is it just me? I am also getting some weird crap when using Jedit :(

Going to try one of the previous versions.
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #2967 on: July 27, 2014, 08:05:23 AM »
 I'm thinking about two approaches. One more teasing with the young girl, some kind wonder child at the mage tower, with adds to the dialog like "You don’t know this mister. You must be pretty dumb." The second is a wise man with more a mentor approach but got only one img of him. The rest of the girl images are uploaded on db.

or

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2968 on: July 27, 2014, 09:16:17 AM »
I'd prefer a system where it depends on their current occupation, if they already have a job and you don't want to bother with disposition, they have no motive to join you.
You misunderstood. If a character is a prostiture class (and all jobs for them are sex-related anyway), then MC can hire her for sexual service as well. Not for brothel, but for himself, for one hour/night/whatever. Pay her good money for it, reduce his libido and possibly increase disposition if he was good enough.

Since they are prostitures, MC can use their services as well, just like other customers. It doen't have anything to do with joining.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:18:57 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2969 on: July 27, 2014, 09:50:40 AM »
Since they are prostitures, MC can use their services as well, just like other customers. It doen't have anything to do with joining.

Ah, ok, we can do that. There is something like that in the texts already, girl that is a prostitute will reply by "no freebees" or something like that.
Like what we're doing?