Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3817179 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #2970 on: July 27, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
Ah, ok, we can do that. There is something like that in the texts already, girl that is a prostitute will reply by "no freebees" or something like that.
Yup, that reply is in interaction for a while, but it is based on disposition only (you are only asking her to do it for free). It was called for by people in alpha that prostitutes should not plainly refuse you if they are ok with customers, but I didn't know how much they should ask for, and there is also that training factor in play if MC is skilled enough.

For free girls, there is a question on how do we choose and label which girls are established prostitutes, and which are just those with a potential to become one (like it it's now).

btw, right now, when you do a sexual interaction, girl's and MC's skill increases at a plain percent chance. Maybe we could add a comparison of both actors skills into it? (choosing a partner girl for les action would also gain more meaning in that case)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:40:30 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #2971 on: July 27, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »
btw, right now, when you do a sexual interaction, girl's and MC's skill increases at a plain percent chance. Maybe we could add a comparison of both actors skills into it? (choosing a partner girl for les action would also gain more meaning in that case)

Yeap, we should write some formulas for that and maybe turn it into a method...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2972 on: July 27, 2014, 12:21:49 PM »
Maybe we should preserve Virgin trait. Not sure about random characters (not a big deal, I guess), but definitely for unique ones. For example if we have a virgin unique prostitute, only anal and bj will be available until MC has enough disposition. Same goes for imaginary customers that she has on her job until MC hires her, but without disposition thing because they don't have it, obviously.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2973 on: July 27, 2014, 02:29:23 PM »
Guys, is anyone else getting this crap every now and again when launching the game???

Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2974 on: July 27, 2014, 02:58:43 PM »
Guys, is anyone else getting this crap every now and again when launching the game???
Yes, it started happening to me after the previous Renpy update (my update, dunno it that was two version before or more by number). But when I start the game for second time, it usually work, so I didn't really cared.
It's there on both my pc and laptop. But because I was out a lot and updated stuff in a bunch that time, I have no idea what could have caused it.
-------

edit: ok... sorry for not mentioning it. I though it's only on my side, like the error I posted earlier that was the case (old girlfiles and such). And It didn't happen to me lately (it's strangely random) so I forget about it until your post, after I started the game several times to confirm it's still there.

=========
edit2: pushed a fix to the new day screen error, it was just a missing comma
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:21:22 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2975 on: July 27, 2014, 03:03:17 PM »
Yes, it started happening to me after the previous Renpy update (my update, dunno it that was two version before or more by number). But when I start the game for second time, it usually work, so I didn't really cared.
It's there on both my pc and laptop. But because I was out a lot and updated stuff in a bunch that time, I have no idea what could have caused it.

Thanks, saves me some time trying it on different PC... it's not the version, I've tried older once, same thing. Something is causing this in the code I guess, I just don't know what. Posted this on lemma, maybe someone there can figure it out.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2976 on: July 28, 2014, 12:46:44 AM »
SF Updated:

- Huge SE update
- Large amount of code adapted to work with SE module

Note that there are no markers for exploration on the next day summary screen yet BUT reports can be seen under all. Individual girls reports will report that girls are on an exploration run and when team returns (on scheduled or prematurely), there will be a detailed day per day report.

What's working:
- Simulated Combat
- Items hunting (from now chosen from all items below the price for now)
- Risk (determines rewards, chance to find items, team withdrawal, chance to die in combat, experience and etc)
- Access to girls should be blocked everywhere except items transfer screen (didn't get around to doing that yet)
- New areas can be created and unlocking is working
- Most stuff on the SE screen (there are some renpy bugs there as well, click rmb if screen freezes)

prolly more, too tired to remember what :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2977 on: July 28, 2014, 01:37:44 AM »
I though it's only on my side, like the error I posted earlier that was the case (old girlfiles and such). And It didn't happen to me lately (it's strangely random) so I forget about it until your post, after I started the game several times to confirm it's still there.

I traced the error to the MM buttons. Make a quick-save and it's fixed. I'll look into fixing the damn thing at some point...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2978 on: July 28, 2014, 09:39:43 AM »
Xela, I think you broke something. The game does not have items, at all. I can't even test my jsons.

Edit: my bad, we still have gifts  :D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:45:46 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2979 on: July 28, 2014, 10:02:00 AM »
Xela, I think you broke something. The game does not have items, at all. I can't even test my jsons.

Edit: my bad, we still have gifts  :D

? It seems to be working just fine and all of your jsons are loaded at my end. I didn't write any code since the last update.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #2980 on: July 28, 2014, 10:03:12 AM »
For me, items themselves work just fine if you have them, but they don't appear in shops to buy, except gifs.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:07:44 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2981 on: July 28, 2014, 10:08:47 AM »
Yup, that's what I mean. Shops are empty, MC's inventory is empty. Bad for testing, really.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2982 on: July 28, 2014, 11:04:06 AM »
Yup, that's what I mean. Shops are empty, MC's inventory is empty. Bad for testing, really.

My MC's inventory is full (1000 items randomly awarded). I checked the code, apparently that only happens if you have Hinata in the game (both of their inventories are handled at the same time on a condition that she's present in the game).

No items in shops thing is different, you called the list "location" during conversion, while game expects it to be "locations". I corrected that during the loading process and updated the code.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2983 on: July 28, 2014, 11:12:11 AM »
Ah, I don't have Hinata currently.

There are some strange issues with right mouse button. Looks like the game tries to close main menu and return to the previous screen at the same time, and sometimes fails in both or either one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2984 on: July 28, 2014, 11:35:34 AM »
There are some strange issues with right mouse button. Looks like the game tries to close main menu and return to the previous screen at the same time, and sometimes fails in both or either one.

I needed that behavior for dev purposes, under normal gameplay, rmb is disabled to call up preferences screen.

Now it's also the only way to fix the freezing bug during drag and drop, I'll add something else for the release if Ren'Py devs don't get that fixed by than.
Like what we're doing?