Author Topic: Crossgate Gladiatrix League  (Read 38261 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Crossgate Gladiatrix League
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »
Here's a question. or suggestion. Whatever. Do you think the different wards would have different flavors of mons? Say for the weaker ones Spark End having a small robot/rape machine, Sleazes with ratmen, Pentangle Square with Goblins, ect ect.

I was thinking of having monsters sold by auction like the girls. If nothing else, it has the advantage of being simple. I do definitely want the wards to have an effect on the game, beyond generating rivalries between players.

I can definitely find a role for that Spark End Rape Machine though :)

Not sure how much work that'd be even if the stats don't differ, but I think it'd make the rivalry a bit more fun. But then this uses an auction sort of thing. So for something like this to work, I'd guess the auctions would be for a rank of creature and trades to actually trade the creature itself.

I'll think about it. Nothing is set in stone just yet :)

i think the brood mares are the ones you have captured and impregnated

Spot on. They get separate actions, and only do one thing a month. Probably. I'm wary of giving the players too many people to micromanage.

Offline mbscout

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 07:05:23 PM »
Looks great, can't wait to play.  :)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 07:33:26 PM »
Another screeny. Nothing much different here. In fact, there's probably no real reason we need humans and monsters on separate tabs.

Anyway, FWIW

Next trick, now that I know what I want, is figuring out how to generate it all programatically...

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 08:54:47 PM »
Poor Gobbo going against Jill Valentine. You can do it little Gobbo!

Offline Flowersteel

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 01:03:10 PM »
Hi Doc, just a quick sidenote

I might suggest speedier gameplay, since once a week could be too slow for some, and not enough time for others. I dont know if you ever tried playing Laser Squad Nemesis, but Id recommend taking a look at their setup (its a free game to test). You can find it here:

http://www.lasersquadnemesis.com/

Dont get too sucked in, Im warning you right now - its a brilliant game.

Anyways - you sign up for a random match, and then you hand in your turn when an opponent have been found. As soon as he hands in his turn, you both get another go. And so on, and so on. So you could potentially get a move every 10-20 minutes (if your fast), or once every 30 days - but you could start a good number of games.

Becomes more cumbersome, and slow, with more than 1 opponent - but maybe a global ranking system could give you some "perk points" or something even though you are replaying the same game. Something to consider.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »
I might suggest speedier gameplay, since once a week could be too slow for some, and not enough time for others. I dont know if you ever tried playing Laser Squad Nemesis, but Id recommend taking a look at their setup (its a free game to test). You can find it here:

It's a possibility. I'm hoping for 10 to 20 players, though, so 15 minute turnarounds probably aren't going to happen. Still, like I said earlier, nothing's set in stone just yet.

Dont get too sucked in, Im warning you right now - its a brilliant game.

I'm not very good at not getting sucked in to these things.

* DocClox clicks link with trepidation...

On a different subject, I've been fiddling with the XML formats. From a coding perspective, it's simpler if I organise the data by actor first, and then by week. It's not quite so intuitive, but that's why there's an editor app.

For anyone interested, here's a sample. (Still working on generatign those panels in the interface code).

Code: [Select]
        <combatant      name            = "zadoc"
                        combatant_id    = "2"
        >

<teach  week            = "1"
                        partner         = "gobbo"
                        partner_id      = "3"
                        subject         = "light"
                />

<teach  week            = "2"
                        partner         = "cammy"
                        partner_id      = "2"
                        subject         = "magic"
                />

<spectate       
                        week            = "3"
                        partner         = "cammy"
                />

<carouse       
                        week            = "4"
                        where           = "sleaze street east"
                />     

</combatant>

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 12:34:03 AM »
It's looking really great. Gabbo has 100 in looks? That's what a sexy goblin looks like? No wonder they have to rape our women. I shudder to think what their women look like.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 01:18:35 AM »
It's looking really great. Gabbo has 100 in looks? That's what a sexy goblin looks like? No wonder they have to rape our women. I shudder to think what their women look like.
There are female goblins??? ???
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline checkycheck

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 02:53:56 AM »
I'd assume there'd have to be, unless there's some kind of horribly ugly goblin-stork. (Vulture, maybe?)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 12:58:13 PM »
Stats in the screenies are at 100 so I can see that I've left enough space :)

I'm busy re-writing the client code to run from data structures, rather than the hard-codes I used to get the screenies up. After a shaky start, it's coming on quite well. I've also started a wave to track the technical details. So odd musings on coding algorithms, XML sippets and lumps of source code will be posted there. Screenshots and gamplay musings will appear in this thread.

[edit]

Subject of which, this is the rewrite of the summary screen. Nothing much has changed (which is good) except that there are more girls.

That's running on Linux, although it looks just the same on windows. Same exe file runs on both. Will probably run on OS/X too, if anyone's interested. Mono has its moments.

The reason I added the extra girls was to test and see if the girls tab scrolled correctly.

As you can see, it does. Still need to add in some labels on this one. Still, things are moving forwards.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 05:24:46 PM by DocClox »

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2010, 07:28:54 PM »
I've never seen such a sad power girl before... I can't imagine what they did to her to get her as a slave... must of been some crazy shit to make a woman that powerful so sad. :(
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 06:43:37 AM »
I've never seen such a sad power girl before... I can't imagine what they did to her to get her as a slave... must of been some crazy shit to make a woman that powerful so sad. :(

:D I took the thumbnail from the "too big" picture in FStop's girlpack. It was the only image that seemed to give a decent view of her face. Although, given the heroine in question, I could have probably just thumbnailed her cleavage and no one would have complained :)

Still working on that girl tab. I think I'm about ready to do the XML now...

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 10:34:31 AM »
Time to have a bit of a chunter about some game mechanics, I think. In no particular order:

First of all, Prestige is one of the key stats in the game. The higher pretige you have, the more slaves the arena will let you house and train. High prestige means you can let one slave recover, while fielding another, for instance. On the other hand, too low a prestige means that you may have to fight personally to satisfy your obligations to the league- which could mean death or slavery for your character, and you starting over with a new character sheet. There are also some opportunities that only occur above certain levles of prestige.

You get prestige by winning fights,  through social activities, and by owning prestigious fighters. You don't gain any prestige from broodmares, but since they are still technically the property of the trainer from whom you won them, you can reduce their prestige through public humiliation, which in turn lowers the prestige of their owner.

There are three catagories of combat: Heavy, Light and Magic. Heavy means heavy armour: slow but well defended. Light is little or no armor - quick and agile. Magic is unarmored and relying on magic. I'm going to say that these run on a scissors-paper-stone basis, so heavy gets bonuses against light (because there's only so much you can do to plate armour with your bare hands), light gets bonuses against magic (because they're fast enough to dodge spells and disrupt casting) and magic has bonuses against heavy (wearing metal armour can be a positive liability when your opponent can turn it red hot).

Combatants will have a skill level in each of these, and the player can choose which style to employ for any given match. Fight schedules are posted ahead of time, so if you can guess which slave your opponent will field, and using which style, then you can gain an advantage.

Other stats: Flair is a measure of a combatat's showmanship.  A slave with high flair is more likely to please the crowd, which can result in them being given a "thumbs up" by the crowd after losing a bout. It also improves the chance that a slave will gain prestige from a match.

Sexual is a measure of the slaves skill at sex, and is useful both to avoid pregnancy in the arena, and outside of it, to please others in bed.

Looks are about the same as in WM. Have an effect on prestige. I'm considering stipulating that all girls in the league are automatically considered knockouts, and using the space for something else. Like motivation, maybe...

OK. That'll do for now. More on the subject later.

Offline Askme

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 07:30:15 PM »
Loks awesome going to be really fun to try it out keep up the good work.

PS when u think u have a beta realse?

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 11:51:33 AM »
Wow this is moving along pretty quickly. Keep up the good work! It's looking great.
26 girls, 18 to go