Author Topic: Crossgate Gladiatrix League  (Read 38548 times)

Offline p3ttan

Re: Crossgate Gladiatrix League
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »
There is some strange errors about database but i took screen shots and saved the cgl log they are in the zips attached to the post. i can run the game and countinue after closing the error windows. so i think you got all the .dll files. im running windows 7 64x if it makes any difference.
hade to make two zips 256KB limit.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 02:38:08 PM by p3ttan »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
OK, thanks for that. the database ought to auto-create itself if missing. So unless it can't create the file...

Just out of curiosity, what version of windows are you running?

Offline p3ttan

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

The error are comming everytime i start it. Even tried running the cgl.exe with admin mode and UAC off.
 Even tried the db.exe for fun but got the same errors and than nothing started.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:34:12 PM by p3ttan »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2010, 03:54:10 PM »
Yeah, db.exe was a test program from early on.

So it's not likely to be because you don't have rights to write to the file... how about if you delete gcl.db and start it up again? That should create a new database instance.

Offline p3ttan

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2010, 03:57:55 PM »
There is no file with that name.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2010, 04:11:26 PM »
You're right. And the program should create that file if it doesn't exist.

try adding this into the game folder, and see what happens

http://www.mediafire.com/?l8p8133ltt8cpzy

Offline p3ttan

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2010, 04:13:21 PM »
Didn't work still getting the errors.

Offline p3ttan

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2010, 04:41:16 PM »
Just tried it on my brothers computer with windows XP and it's working and not getting the errors.

So i tried running it with Compatibility mode(XP) on my own again and its not working.

I turned off my antivirus programs and still not working.

Even tried installing the .net 2 for fun but the setup told me that it was already included in my windows.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:53:07 PM by p3ttan »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2010, 05:22:07 PM »
Hum... No idea what's happening there.

That said, the plan is to keep the client side data in XML files rather than using sqlite. so maybe that's the thing to do next. I'll take a shot at that tomorrow.

Offline windsongbard

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2010, 05:38:49 PM »
I tried running it in XP and had no problems at all with it.  Everything seems to work as far as I can tell.  I am not sure what the problem is in win 7 but you should just do what I do.  Blame it on Microsoft.   :D   All kidding aside all I know is that it works fine in win XP. 

The Windsong Bard

Offline Samu

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2010, 06:44:17 PM »
It must be an incompatibility with the 64bit versions. It runs fine in my Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2010, 07:21:18 PM »
Good point - I think there are different dlls for sqlite3 for 32 and 64 bit versions.

In any case, the simplest fix will be to get the client code working properly and saving to XML, which should side step the problem for now.

If anyone subsequently wants to use the server code to run their own slave arena game, well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it :)

Offline windsongbard

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2010, 09:05:05 PM »
I am running win xp 32 bit and it runs just fine so it sounds like you are on to something about 64 bit windows being a problem.

The Windsong Bard

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2010, 03:21:56 AM »
I can confirm the same issues with my 64bit Windows 7.

It runs but all kinds of SQL.Lite errors show up, and I don't know if it's related or not but the time part of the screen is all out of whack.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Amoeba

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2010, 04:47:46 AM »
For some reason character creation screens always makes me puzzle over mechanics more than normal. So now I have questions based on mechanics. I'll go ahead and do the whole number each one thing since I typing these up as they come to mind, and I'd expect to have a fair number.

1) Are there any stats that can't be increased during the course of the game? I like the idea of the trainer increasing their stats during the game, but I also think that having their stats set at character creation would make each player more unique, character creation more important, and helps to keep the game focus on the girls themselves.

2) Should I assume that your score in a stat affects how well you can train others in it?

3) Flair says it helps to "make a splash at a social gathering". So, I have to wonder what exactly happens when you have a low social skill and high flair. High social skill and low flair?

4) Everything but health(which maxes at 100) and prestige(costs ten per point) has a scaling cost, with gold ramping up the quickest. Limiting starting gold is obvious, but this has made me wonder how much of an effect prestige really has. I had originally assumed it would mainly be for letting you buy better, but more expensive slaves, and also give access to better, and more expensive, items to purchase. Is there more to it, or is the cost based on the fact that, while not immediately game breaking, the time normally required for increasing your prestige is significant enough on it's own to make bypassing it that much of a game changer?

5) From earlier stats screens, slaves have prestige as well. I think I remember you saying having a slave with high prestige increases yours as well, but are there other benefits to that? Can they get invited to parties as well, ect ect?

6) Health says stamina for other activities. The implication seems to be sexual stamina, but is health required for doing other things, like the way Otherworld uses the health stat?

7) You said you wanted monster to cost points because you don't want hordes of tentacle monsters, but did you apply a cost to futa because of the same sort of reason, or is there benefit in being futa? Like being able to both impregnate and get pregnant?

And that's it for now. I'm curious how exactly the rps is going to work, but I don't think you have that figured out quite yet either.