devolution

Author Topic: Items  (Read 62177 times)

Offline dr678diablo

Re: ITEMS - Help Wanted - also taking new items
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 04:44:41 PM »
How about chains..... nipple chains. clit chains . chains attached to the labia. other types of chains?

they could only be used on girls that have certain piercings.
they should all raise bondage skills.
they should also some how make the girl more pervert,
they might should raise hate.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
Re: Wanted Items
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 03:09:58 PM »

A couple of questions:

Milk - All varieties
Food items that can be farmed

What kind of milk are we talking about here and what do you mean by varieties? Will there be milkable beasts or something?

Herbs:Most herbs will probably not be game items, but rather tracked in the farm stock, but if someone makes an item, it will be usedNeed herbs that the girls can use to make potionsHerb name, level of the herb (from 1-9), use, etc.Potions:Small potions that can be produced by the herbalistsThere are levels of potions that can be produced using different levels of herbs that are grown/boughtWe need anything from lowest +1 temporary stat/skill potions to the highest +100 permanent stat/skillBasically any potion will be triedIf you can, provide something of how it is made, herb levels needed, potion base (water, milk, beer, blood)

I think you'll need to elaborate a bit more on how the gathering/ingredients/alchemy system will work.

Are the names/descriptions of milk/herbs/potions supposed to work like normal items, basically?

Offline Parlarkey

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »
A new manufacturer wouldn't realistically be able to find a market if he sells the same items, but more expensive.

I don't think you should interpret the new manufacturer in that way. Rather think of it as... a guy, who knows a guy who knows a guy who has a courier running to a different city where healing salves are more expensive, but there is never a shortage of them. He can bring you back as many as you'd like, but the price is a fair bit steeper than you're used to in Crossgate. You can either take your chances and just hope for them to be on sale in Crossgate when you need them, or you can get the guy's guy's guy's courier to bring you back the amount you'd like. That's how I interpret those unlimited sales anyway :).

Loving the game by the way, just started running it again after almost 2 years of not really checking in. I don't think my girl files use the most of what the game has to offer, but enjoying it nonetheless :).

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Wanted Items
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 07:43:21 PM »
What kind of milk are we talking about here and what do you mean by varieties? Will there be milkable beasts or something?
In version .05, there is the "Get Milk" job in the stables of the brothels.
Originally this was intended to actually give you the milk that the girls produced as an item.
That job is being moved the farm and is going to give you the item.

"Succubus Milk" is already in the game and will be a random chance obtained from demon girls.
Other varieties will include:
"Breast Milk - From Normal Girl"
"Breast Milk - From Demon Girl"
"Breast Milk - From Angel Girl"
"Breast Milk - From Cat Girl"
As well as animal milk produced by food animals and beasts.
"Milk - From Cow"
"Milk - From Goat"
"Milk - From Beast"
The names will probably change but that should give you an idea.

"Breast Milk - From {girl name}" could theoretically be added so you know who produced it.
It could be sold for more money based on the girl's fame.
This would quickly fill up the inventory so probably will not get in.

I think you'll need to elaborate a bit more on how the gathering/ingredients/alchemy system will work.

Are the names/descriptions of milk/herbs/potions supposed to work like normal items, basically?
Low level herbs probably will not need itemsx items but some of the high level herbs may.
If an herb is only available from the catacombs or a script reward then it should have an itemsx item.

Basically herbs are grown in the farm, taken to the herbalists and the potions are made by them.
The herbalist page will work similar to the brothel management page, listing the number of each quality of herbs.
There will be buy and sell buttons so you can get money for what you don't use or buy what you need.

Other than the basics, not much is planned out at this time.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »
actually when I first heard your idea of adding milk I had a flash...
I'd love to have a "Milk Bar" in the Farm, girls will get milked in flashy outfits by patrons.
You wouldn't gain any milk from the girls, but the avarage sell might be a bit higher than selling it in the shop

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 02:53:33 PM »
love the idea of a milkbar... =)
plus the girlbreeding would be great if it could get included. making the farm the source for centauresses and minotaurs would be amazing!

Offline crazy

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 06:29:01 AM »
Going bump this as I'm working adding things to this part of the code so want to see if anyone has anything for me to add

Offline I_V_Saur

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 10:27:46 PM »
Put together item files for breast milk, of the human, cat, and angel varieties.

Normal breast milk has a cost of 50, is common and infinite in the shop, heals 1 health and happiness, and boosts libido by 10.
Cat-girl milk costs 200, has a 50% chance to be stocked, heals 5 health and 2 happiness, and boosts libido by 70.
Angel milk costs 500, has a 5% chance to be stocked, heals 15 health and 20 happiness, and boosts libido by 10.

I'm not sure about the balance...Thoughts?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 03:05:37 PM »
Put together item files for breast milk, of the human, cat, and angel varieties.
Normal breast milk has a cost of 50, is common and infinite in the shop, heals 1 health and happiness, and boosts libido by 10.
Cat-girl milk costs 200, has a 50% chance to be stocked, heals 5 health and 2 happiness, and boosts libido by 70.
Angel milk costs 500, has a 5% chance to be stocked, heals 15 health and 20 happiness, and boosts libido by 10.
I'm not sure about the balance...Thoughts?
I have used that as a base for a more expanded set of milks.
It also made me add a duration customization for temporary traits that items can give.
WME.8.23 and WM.06.01.06 will use it.

Offline I_V_Saur

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 10:05:21 PM »
A couple questions, if you have time to answer them...

Why are some items doubled? Such as all the entries for Cow's Milk - some of them are even tripled. I see this a lot, in various .itemsx files. Is it something I should be considering doing myself?

Is it possible to have an item that has permanent effects (like increasing health) as well as temporary ones? (like granting a Trait, say Construct, for a limited time)

Working on a list of Herbs now, but for clarification...Will you be implementing 'Fertilizer' items, to affect time or quality of crops? Assuming, of course, someone makes the actual items.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 10:31:28 PM »
A couple questions, if you have time to answer them...
I always make time for answers.

Why are some items doubled? Such as all the entries for Cow's Milk - some of them are even tripled. I see this a lot, in various .itemsx files. Is it something I should be considering doing myself?
Some items are more common than just "Common" alone.
When an item is much more likely to be stocked, like simple Milk, making 3 copies of the same item makes it 3 times more likely to be placed in the shop.
Another way to think of it, if an item is "Catacomb05", having 2 copies of it would effectively make it "Catacomb10".
Since there is no "Catacomb10", this is the easiest way of doing it.

Is it possible to have an item that has permanent effects (like increasing health) as well as temporary ones? (like granting a Trait, say Construct, for a limited time)
Health, happiness, tiredness, exp, and level do not have temp stats so any temporary item will affect her "permanently".
Libido and lactation are constantly changing so temporary and permanent are basically the same.
House percent and ask price get recalculated often so modifying them with items does not really do much.
Other than these exceptions, all items are either "Permanent" or "Temporary" for everything they modify.

With the new item trait duration customization I just added, I will see if I can make permanent items have temporary traits.
Not sure if it will work, but we'll see.

Working on a list of Herbs now, but for clarification...Will you be implementing 'Fertilizer' items, to affect time or quality of crops? Assuming, of course, someone makes the actual items.
Nothing is set in stone as to how the farm will eventually work.
Plants and herbs were going to be added not as actual items but as ingredients available for use in creating potions.
Any plant and herb items would be buyable and added to the farm's stocks or sold from the farm's stocks.
If you want to make special herbs that are single use items without them needing to be processed to be used, go for it.
'Fertilizer' would probably not be required as the girl's skills would be used to determine how well the farm produces crops.

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 04:56:05 PM »
Aevojoey,

I recently created vaccines against the four diseases, they are super expensive so as to not be unbalanced but it seems that developing a vaccine for them could be a cross over between the farm and the hospital.  The farm would grow the herbs needed, the hospital would research and create, then the farm could produce.  Once you developed the vaccine the store could sell what the farm produced.

Offline I_V_Saur

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 10:33:05 PM »
I wanted to make herbs that had effects of their own, marking them as innately magical. Sort of 'bottling' their powers, distilling them into more useful forms. I'll probably tweak their effects, once I have a decent list of potions.

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 04:28:37 AM »
Since there are a whole lot of new traits recently added, there should be more items that add those traits to your girls. I've made a few here for the tattoos, beauty mark trait, and cum addict.

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 04:29:12 AM »
And one more since it wouldn't fit on the last one.