devolution

Author Topic: A possible variant  (Read 2792 times)

Offline TZHawk

A possible variant
« on: March 10, 2016, 07:58:26 AM »
Hello, longtime lurker and fan of the project, just dropped by to chat a bit and share with the community.

I currently own Rpg Maker MV and stumbled upon a handful of plugins that might make it possible to build a variant of the game in it's engine. Due to obvious issues though, modding the game without the engine is currently not possible. As far as the game is concerned though, I'll probably hold on on randomized slaves and take on an approach where each slave is detailed and fleshed out with their own backgrounds.

Currently, the games being plotted to play similar to Tokimeki Memorial or Princess Maker, with task plotted out each week with slaves taking on up to three task per week.
In addition to the usual parameters, slaves will have traits that influence both jobs as well as combat scenario's such as a passive evasion boost for being petite sized.
Lastly (so far anyway), there is a mechanic similar to the social link mechanic found in Persona where the MC's relationship with the character improves stats and/or grants them new traits. The last bit is the primary reason why I'm not using a randomized approach.
As of now, I'll probably put together about 7 girls and start each of them off with 3 Traits.
I'll probably have two builds with a randomized variant that's closer to the current game

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
Re: A possible variant
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 12:15:04 PM »
Just one request/suggestion, try to keep the ability to create new slaves from scratch intact....the addition of creative ideas in the form of different girls is basically what kept me interested in this game.

Offline TZHawk

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 05:21:11 AM »
Can't make any guarantee's unless I find a way to pull data from external sources (definitely possible but unsure if it's available at the moment.)

The main issue I'm running into right now is adding additional parameters as I'm juggling how to pull it off at the moment

Offline TZHawk

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 11:43:16 PM »
Minor update, a lot of the standards in WM such as traits and the additional parameters are fairly simple to include with time and patience being the main problems as of now. As it stands now, I'm not restricted to the databases variables which means I can create new variables on the fly mid game to control the secondary parameters and a plugin recently released can be used as a basis for the Traits, the effects of the traits however will still need to be coded in.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how I will go about creating common events for stat growth as well as pulling each girls/guys stats.