Author Topic: Changing Resolution / Window Size  (Read 3067 times)

Offline dpman03

Changing Resolution / Window Size
« on: July 05, 2012, 01:42:32 PM »
Ok, question.  Is it possible to increase the resolution of the game solely by changing XML, or does the executable specifically have to support it?  I've been trying to play a couple of mods, but they only support up to 1024x768.  Needless to say that looks pretty ridiculous on a 28" monitor, and I'm guessing a lot of other people have the same problem.  I'd definitely look into modifying the interface XML files, provided it's possible to change it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Changing Resolution / Window Size
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 02:24:05 PM »
Ok, question.  Is it possible to increase the resolution of the game solely by changing XML, or does the executable specifically have to support it?  I've been trying to play a couple of mods, but they only support up to 1024x768.  Needless to say that looks pretty ridiculous on a 28" monitor, and I'm guessing a lot of other people have the same problem.  I'd definitely look into modifying the interface XML files, provided it's possible to change it.

Vanilla game is very 'resolution change friendly'. Rest depends on the mod, WM:EX has setups for many resolutions. Anon's mod had a couple. New mods are still being developed, so I have no info on them...

PS: ScreenMode.txt is where you actually set resolution. In xml files you can edit and adjust interface elements but to answer your question, modding XML will be enough in most cases to adjust interface to your screen.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dpman03

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 11:07:34 AM »
Thanks for the information.  I wasn't aware of ScreenMode.txt, which is kind of why I asked the question.  I had tried to adjust several of the XML files, but I couldn't actually get the resolution to change, hence the reason I thought that they might be hardcoded into the executable.

Offline dpman03

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »
I have one more question, if anyone can answer it.  I've managed to change most of the UI through XML, but I can't change the font size in the various lists in the game.  I suspect there's a single location that controls all lists, but I can't find it anywhere.  Does anyone know how to change them?