devolution

Author Topic: New version of my HHS remake  (Read 51804 times)

Offline bermuda3

Re: New version of my HHS remake
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 03:29:39 PM »
Well, after playing around with this new version, I have to say I love the policy concept.  It does a fantastic job of making you feel like you have some control as the principal.  It also is a nice upgrade from the original where you could change the text books.

Offline Shilo

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 11:31:48 AM »
Since all links in the OP are dead, I should probably add this one where you can get the latest releases:
https://www.4shared.com/dir/29450247/fd361b90/sharing.html

EDIT: Seems like you need to register on the DL site, but a spam mail address works perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:41:05 AM by Shilo »

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 11:58:57 AM »
An alternative link would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Shilo

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
Played once through it now and all in all it's nice, though HHS1 (not sure which of the several versions that exist on the web it is exactly, but it had an installer) did some (but not all) things better than this.

Positive about this version:
  • Money is actually important here.
  • More buildings to buy and upgrade.
  • School population has effect on the money that you receive.
  • Teachers are not all available from the beginning but join as the population of the school increases.
  • Policy system has more noticeable effects than in HHS1.
  • Teachers and their management feel more important.
  • Interface feels a bit better.
  • Sex stat separated in Deviance and Inhibition.
  • Knowledge stat separated in Intelligence, Athletics and Artistry.
  • More activities to choose from per semester.
  • Random events are described in a lot of detail and match the pictures very well.
  • It also doesn't utilize pictures with any famous characters in them that could destroy the immersion.
  • Each year divided in four quarters and lasting 20 years by default. HHS1 has 15-20 years with three trimesters per year, though you are able to visit three locations each trimester by default, so it evens that out.
  • More transparency on what the teachers are supposed to teach instead of color combinations.
Positive about HHS1 and not present in this remake:
  • Unlockable extras outside the game that can be purchased with the orbs that are earned after each playthrough, based on the performance in that round. Such as better starting conditions or different schools.
  • Different schools have different starting stats (one school has very high sex but very low obedience and moral, which makes it quite a challenge to beat), making each of them require a different strategy and thus increasing the replay value of the game.
  • Many random locational events required the player to make an additional choice, and based on that could the outcome of the scenario be quite different and have different impacts on different stats.
  • More buyables could be obtained with orbs.
  • Ability to open clubs if the pupils were interested in them, such as Tennis, Swimming, Cooking, Book Study, Music, Cheerleader and Hiking Club (later also Sexual Experimentation, Prostitution, Bondage, Exhibition and Gangbang Clubs that could be unlocked via buyables). Each club provided it's own set of situation images and took place at the Pool, Around School, Classes, Club Area or Gym locations.
  • More classes. In addition to those from the remake it had: Japanese and Geography (in addition to English and History), as well as all the Sex classes that had to be obtained as buyables first: Theoretic Sex class, Practical Sex class, Masturbation class, Bondage class, Exhibition class, Gangbang class (as opposed to just Sexuality, Eroticism and Health class). Each of them introduced different pictures to the Classes location as well.
  • Cat-Girls, Tentacles and Machines as buyable options!!!
  • 5 orb colors, rewarding sexual activities, knowledge activities, (dis)obedience activities, moral activities and joy activities.
  • Generally more challenging. Prices to purchase things with orbs were steeper and required more planning, Reputation value was easier to lose due to relentless parents that were not easily satisfied with what you did. Other values could also easy decrease and low joy led to suicidal pupil, causing heavy reputation impacts. Low obedience causes bad behavior and thus a loss of obedience as well.
  • Sexual misbehavior of students in public areas was sanctioned with a loss of reputation, whereas sexual actions that nobody else noticed were only decreasing the morality stat and thus were "safe" to perform. So the player had to make a decision based on the circumstances of each event whether he could allow the act and gain a red orb that way or needed to sanction it to not lose his reputation.
  • Up to 15 different endings, based on the stats you had at the end of the game.
  • More image variety.

Offline EthanEverhart

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »
In reply to Shilo:
I'd have to agree with his positives on HHS1.
However, there is a slight coding problem.
The rule changes you had to work your way up to (such as sexy uniform/naked uniform) carry over into a new game.
The only way I've found to get rid of them is to completely erase my saved files and start over from scratch.
To people of the forum:
I know this forum is supposed to be of HHS remake, but does anyone know if the above error was fixed in a later HHS1 update?

Offline Shilo

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 08:34:59 PM »
Those progresses only carry over during the same session. Restarting the program preserves the general orb unlocks but not the ingame progress on school rules.

Offline Unchained

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 12:54:11 AM »
Neither the mediafire nor the rapidshare links work. Any chance of another download link?