Feedback > Bugs and Game balancing

balancing catacombs

(1/8) > >>

exodia91:
I recently played a few games, and I've noticed catacombs are.... way overpowered. you can put 3 decent gangs on it first week, buy some potions, and you will have a damn good income,so much so that you can ignore pretty much any other money maker if you want. Now, we could spend years tweaking death rate, money gain, etc. etc. and not get anywhere, so instead I propose this. Players can only put 1, maybe 2 gangs on the  catacombs job at any time. you'll still be able to earn a decent little income, but it won't be able to supplant/replace major moneymakers.

delta224:
Yeah, the catacombs are out of balance, but I probably won't touch them until  1.30 comes out to see what has happened with the buildings.  It will be worked on though.

letmein:
See, I'd go a different route.  If anything, make catacombs better, but increase the death rate considerably.  Make it so that untrained, ill-equipped gangs only have a survivor a quarter of the time (if that), and even completely buffed groups have substantial casualties every time they go.  Once gangs are redone (to make recruiting harder), this should be a substantial enough risk to compensate for the substantial reward.

exodia91:
... the problem with that is, potions stop any casualties from happening, at least in the latest version, so you can just throw untrained goons at them with a bunch of potions and they will all ALWAYS survive. Unless this is changed (which would arguably make potions useless) that just makes catacombs more lucrative.

letmein:
I guess I didn't mention it here, but elsewhere I have also noted that potions are way overpowered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version