Feedback > Bugs and Game balancing

balancing catacombs

<< < (2/8) > >>

Midnight_Amratha:
suggestion, make the income of catacombs dependent on the number of gangs in catacombs.
1 gang = 100% income
2 gangs = 80% income (since the first gang took part of the loot before gang two got there)
3 gangs = 60% income (look above nut two gangs before)
4 gangs = 40% income

that should make the overpowered income look more balanced.

to clarify the income from looting: if one gang = 100 % of loot
if two gangs 80 % of total loot
and so on

DocClox:
Another possibility would be to have something follow the goons back from that catacombs. 

Maybe a party of dungeon crawlers from another dimension raid the brothel? You'd stand to lose more goons (from the squad(s) on guard duty) , loot (basic D&D mindset - grab the treasure) and possibly some of the girls in the dungeons.

Or maybe a particularly big monster backtracked the goon squad.

letmein:
Good ideas.  My feeling isn't that the rewards of the catacombs are too high (if anything, the opposite is true) - the problem is that the risk is too low, and compounding on that is the unbalanced nature of gangs in general.

Midnight_Amratha:
i like the "it came from the desert" idea (read: it came from the catacombs) not all nice things may come from the catacombs, like a bug or a monster you need to combat, possibly a disease.

sgb:
I actually didn't have a major issue with gangs losing 5-6 members per trip, so long as the rewards justified it.  The problem was that recovering said 5-6 losses was taking 8+ turns, which was unacceptable downtime.  Now the risk/reward has swung full reverse thanks to healing potions being potions of immortality or something.  If they're going to continue being so effective, maybe up the catacomb rewards but limit searching to once a month or such.  Would make Catacomb Only items and girls more valued.

If you want steady income from gangs, the robbery options are supposed to cover that.  At the moment, nobody uses these unless a mission requires it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version