Feedback > Bugs and Game balancing

Bugs 1.29.3

(1/39) > >>

zodiac44:
New bug thread!

Let's start off with XML.  Something is royally buggered in either the xml files or the parsing function (or wherever the parsing function sends the data, what the hell do I know?).  When you start a new game, the program throws a conniption and then crashes if there are any xml girls files.  If there is an xml items file, the second window (debug screen?) shows a whole crapload of errors (I'd paste some here, but for some reason it won't let me copy text from the window) - my guess is one error for each item in the file(s).  The game starts, but there are no items in the shop.  The gamelog file is of less than zero help, as it records none of the badness going on.

A second bug I noticed is that the save files now appear in the root directory as well as the save directory.  The .mast files are apparently gone, though I suppose someone might have decided that they are redundant, so it may not be a bug.

DocClox:

--- Quote from: zodiac44 on November 30, 2009, 03:52:53 AM ---Let's start off with XML.  Something is royally buggered in either the xml files or the parsing function (or wherever the parsing function sends the data, what the hell do I know?). 

--- End quote ---

The parser is tinyxml, which is quite widely used. So it's probably not that. Which means it'll be my fault.

--- Quote from: zodiac44 on November 30, 2009, 03:52:53 AM ---When you start a new game, the program throws a conniption and then crashes if there are any xml girls files. 

--- End quote ---

Yep, it does. Got a fix for that ready, so should be sorted soon :)

--- Quote from: zodiac44 on November 30, 2009, 03:52:53 AM ---If there is an xml items file, the second window (debug screen?) shows a whole crapload of errors (I'd paste some here, but for some reason it won't let me copy text from the window) - my guess is one error for each item in the file(s).  The game starts, but there are no items in the shop.  The gamelog file is of less than zero help, as it records none of the badness going on.

--- End quote ---

Me being lazy. I've started making sure all errors go to the log file, but I still have some I need to retro-fit.

--- Quote from: zodiac44 on November 30, 2009, 03:52:53 AM ---A second bug I noticed is that the save files now appear in the root directory as well as the save directory.  The .mast files are apparently gone, though I suppose someone might have decided that they are redundant, so it may not be a bug.

--- End quote ---

Odd. None of my changes made them reduant. I wonder if one of the save files is the .mast file with a borked name.

I'll get on these ASAP.

zodiac44:

--- Quote from: DocClox on November 30, 2009, 04:43:50 AM ---Odd. None of my changes made them reduant. I wonder if one of the save files is the .mast file with a borked name.
--- End quote ---

Looking into it, that's exactly what the problem is.  The .gam.mast file gets saved in the root directory without the .mast extension.

DocClox:
OK, that's easy fixed, at least :)

delta224:
Yeah, this release was more a test of the xml before 1.30 is released.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version