Game Editing And Additions > User Mods

editting flavor text

<< < (2/2)

h1262216:
 I am trying to make this stuff scriptable in lua. For example, the new script for meeting a girl in the clinic looks like this
function MeetClinic(girl)    Dialog("You go to your clinic in the hopes that your men have brought in a potential new girl as per your orders.")
    Dialog("Looking around for someone of use that you could perhaps convince to work for you.  You notice a girl in the ER room after checking her chart you notice she was brought in unconnicess.")
    local choice = ChoiceBox("", "\"How did you end up here?\"",  "\"I've changed my mind\"")
    if choice == 0 then
Dialog("Girl: \"I don't know and what's worse I have no way of paying my bill.\"")
        local hire = ChoiceBox("", "\"I'm the owner of this place.  How about you come work for me and we call the bill even?\"",
"\"I must be off, bye\"")
        if hire == 0 then
Dialog("Girl: \"Ok, that would really be helpful.\"")
            Girl.AcquireGirl(girl)
        else
Dialog("Girl: \"Ok, bye.\"")
        end
    end
end

However, I am still in the middle of the work, and (for now) also testing stuff on linux.

CaptC:
That might get me scripting again...  8)

Would this also extend to the individualized 'meet a girl' scripts?

h1262216:
that's the idea. Basically, for each script that affects a girl, it will be looked up whether there is a girl specific version, and in that case that one will be used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version