Game Discussion > General Discussion & Download

Source code and debugging

<< < (2/3) > >>

Midnight_Amratha:
re bugs.
i ran into a DEP after i had accepted a girl from a customer and tried to let on of the old enemies go.  The help file said something about a program trying to run in an illegal manner, what's it mean? anyway windows shut the program down. oh btw i'm using a raptor drive for my system drives mounted as C: and i have a storage/game drive named E: wonder if that's got anything to do with it? seeing as my C: drive is blocked from running anything but system programs i mean.

zodiac44:
That's a known bug that's been hanging around for a while.  It's not related to your HDD configuration, and it happens to everyone who plays.  If you get a deadbeat customer and a defeated rival on the same turn, you crash.

delta224:
Thankfully as one of the coders I have fixed that bug and I do plan to release a fixed program with that fix and other fixes tomorrow.

zodiac44:
Awesome!  I recall Necno saying that one was going to be a bitch to track down.  Congrats.  >;o)

delta224:
That was not the PITA. My method of finding it was to find the code that was being called right before the crash and try to fix that code, due to the fact that code must have caused the error since it was just called.  Even now I am not really sure what the exact problem was since I just commented out the offending code and replicated the functionality with some other minor changes and the use of the standard library.

The crash on next day bug on the other hand is a  total PITA, and still might exist, since it is totaly random and thus near impossible form me to track down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version