Feedback > Bugs and Game balancing

Refusing to work

(1/5) > >>

zodiac44:
I started looking into what is happening when girls refuse to work.  I noticed that once a specific girl refuses to do a specific job, she will never work that job again, regardless of what other jobs you assign her too, the length of time she spends not assigned to that job, amount of free time you give her, what you say to her, or what gifts you give her.  It also seems that the refusal to work is time-related, not rebelliousness-related, as if the girl accumulates a "dislike" (for lack of a better term) of the job every time she does it.  When her dislike reaches a certain point, she refuses to do the job any more.  If you change her over to another job, she will perform that one until her dislike reaches the critical threshold, and then she will need a third job.  So far, I have seen this effect with the strip bar, gambling hall, and movie jobs, but not the brothel and training jobs (I haven't tested the street job).

In the save files, some of the girls' stats can get high negative values (negative hundreds or thousands) while all other stats are 0 or positive (up to 100).  Could these be the records of the "dislike" stats?

I'm going to start a test game to see if I can track the progression in the saves and see if I am right.

Rose:
I've also noticed that girls who refuse to work will always refuse that job, but not other jobs. Makes assigning tasks something of a jigzaw puzzle...

zodiac44:
I was wrong - it seems the stat line has 3 entries for each stat and skill: base, permanent bonus/penalty, temporary bonus/penalty.  There simply isn't a positive/negative cap on the bonuses and penalties, though I surmise that in the game engine the skills and stats are still capped at +/-100.

Testing another theory now...

[Edit]

I think I figured it out: it's near the end of the character's save block, the line that reads "-20 -20 -20 -20 -20 -20" for new characters.  Position 2 tracks the bar, 3 tracks the gambling hall, 4 tracks movies, and 5 tracks sex (brothel, street, and bar sex).  Each time a character performs the job, the number increments some (random?) number, and when it reaches somewhere around 13-20, the character refuses to do the job.  I tried editing the save file to reset the counters to -20 each, but the game crashes on loading (instead of the typical incompatible save game file message that crops up when I edit other parts of a save file).

Necno, is it possible to edit the talk scripts to decrement these variables?  If so, what are the variables called so I can edit the scripts to account for them?

[Edit 2]

Interestingly (and appropriately, IMHO), the Nymphomaniac trait prevents the sex counter from incrementing.  Does anyone know of any other traits having a similar effect for other jobs?

Bloodly:
Does a refusal lower the 'refusal count'?

zodiac44:
Nope.  Once the counter reaches the threshold, it's stuck there, apparently forever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version