devolution

Author Topic: Jobs/Businesses/Wages/Tips/Clients Conceptual Discussion.  (Read 25765 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Jobs/Businesses/Wages/Tips/Clients Conceptual Discussion.
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2016, 03:58:43 PM »
If we reduce the number of rich ones, but not the number of clients in general, naturally we will have more poor ones  :)

???

Cleaning job is progressing line by line. It's the first one of the type, I think guard job (and others in the future) can almost be copy pasted from the blueprint. I'll start testing it next week.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2016, 12:54:59 AM »
Guards actually require interaction with generated customers though.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2016, 01:14:36 AM »
Guards actually require interaction with generated customers though.

That's a field of the building, so it's all setup.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2016, 08:04:20 AM »
This is more up to date, worth putting some time into editing a couple front posts with new info if time permits.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2017, 02:07:15 PM »
I wanted to do it on per general occupation basis (Service/SIW/Warriors/Managers). Problem is that you cannot interpolate tier reliably even if you bind corresponding skills/stats to those occupation and get a mean. Warriors fighting in the arena or guarding will always be at disadvantage compared explorers. It's even worse for Service chars.

So it should prolly be done on per Job basis. There should be "Current Job" and "Best Job". Best Job should be a target for every char and reevaluated every 25 days or so using raw stats (no items/temp modification) and base class(es). Current job is important only for free chars as you'll be hiring them for specific duties and they have a right to disagree doing stuff they don't like/want. It doesn't mean that they will not help cleaning or doing other tasks within their general occupations, but you cannot set them to focus on those tasks. SimPy will handle this.

We'll bind skills/stats on per Job basis, I took a look and some of that is done already. Jobs will also get new methods to calculate effectiveness and relative strength (for Best Job). I will also add this to interactions once the system is ready.

Tiers themselves will be calculated based of level, base class(es), stats and skills (we'll also have to make those bindings, prolly directly in JSON). They will be responsible for something akin to social status, to quickly figure out what chars expectations are, and stuff like wages, upkeep and etc.

Yeap, I arrived to a very similar conclusion yesterday. I am thinking we're gonna keep Job classes to keep present job assignment system in tact. They will also hold stats/skills required for them. So basically what I wrote about above. Each job (or most jobs) will have methods to figure out expected performance and actual performance, prolly on a scale of 0 - 200. Expected will be base, actual will also count data from actual job events.

I am still getting all of this straight in my head and making notes. If you need something coded in, let me know tonight cause I am leaving tomorrow and will be back on Monday if all goes well. I'll have my laptop but no idea what kind of internet connection will be available.

Keep loosing this simple post with general outlines...
Like what we're doing?