Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025302 times)

Offline ElvisLives27536

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1335 on: May 04, 2015, 11:14:32 PM »
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but what about a uniform page? The idea would be that instead of giving certain items to girls, you instead "give" them to the jobs in a particular brothel or site. So I could give the waitress job at the starting brothel a bunny girl suit, headband, etc and whenever a girl worked as a waitress she would be wearing whatever items are in the uniform.

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #1336 on: May 05, 2015, 02:25:39 PM »
I have a suggestion for a new item type....tattoos....the items in this category could not be removed except at the clinic or with some magic tattoo removal kit....and then only one at a time....tramp stamp would be the first item in the category, with a whole range of magical tattoos as a possibility.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #1337 on: May 07, 2015, 10:18:56 AM »
I'm curious, is there anyway to turn the feature that "forwards" images off? Like say if an anal image is missing the game uses sex etc. I'd much rather use the images that are in my Default folder.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1338 on: May 07, 2015, 11:25:20 AM »
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but what about a uniform page? The idea would be that instead of giving certain items to girls, you instead "give" them to the jobs in a particular brothel or site. So I could give the waitress job at the starting brothel a bunny girl suit, headband, etc and whenever a girl worked as a waitress she would be wearing whatever items are in the uniform.
It could probably be done but it may take a while.
It would require a lot of coding to have it check what job, what items and what girls it would need to manage.

I have a suggestion for a new item type....tattoos....the items in this category could not be removed except at the clinic or with some magic tattoo removal kit....and then only one at a time....tramp stamp would be the first item in the category, with a whole range of magical tattoos as a possibility.
Tattoo item category will probably be done when piercing locations are added.

I'm curious, is there anyway to turn the feature that "forwards" images off? Like say if an anal image is missing the game uses sex etc. I'd much rather use the images that are in my Default folder.
I plan on rewriting the image handling section soon.
I can add an option to config.xml that will control that.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline p373r

« Reply #1339 on: May 07, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »
I have a suggestion.

Can it be made possible to see how much skill and stat points a girl gets per turn?
So in the girl summary you get to see that she gets +2 libido +4 performance +2 charisma and so on ...

This would make it a bit easier to focus your stat gains per girl ;)

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #1340 on: May 07, 2015, 07:37:31 PM »
I have a suggestion.

Can it be made possible to see how much skill and stat points a girl gets per turn?
So in the girl summary you get to see that she gets +2 libido +4 performance +2 charisma and so on ...

This would make it a bit easier to focus your stat gains per girl ;)

This. When she's working have each event display what stat gains she benefits from.
In the summary event display how many stats she gained total. Or lost.

Offline p373r

« Reply #1341 on: May 08, 2015, 07:31:38 AM »

This. When she's working have each event display what stat gains she benefits from.

Exactly what i meant !
i'm a numbers freak and i believe anyone playing this game is at least something a like ;)

Would it be hard?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1342 on: May 14, 2015, 02:03:10 PM »
This would make it a bit easier to focus your stat gains per girl
Exactly what i meant !
i'm a numbers freak and i believe anyone playing this game is at least something a like
Would it be hard?
While it would be easy to add, it would take a long time to go over every job to add that in.

Offline p373r

« Reply #1343 on: May 16, 2015, 01:36:53 PM »
While it would be easy to add, it would take a long time to go over every job to add that in.

I have no clue how difficult it would be but if i got an example (how to) on one job then i would be most happy to write it into the the other jobs.
The reason i ask now is that at this moment while playing the game, you have no idea on how your girl progresses if you dont get a screenshot every time you start a new day ;)

Soo ... i would like to contribute and start learning some coding provided i get an example of 1 job implemented i must be smart enoughto get it for the rest as well ;)

Offline deadkingblue

« Reply #1344 on: May 16, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »
I don't know where the suggestion thread is, but i'm'a post it here. ERhmm, Conditional images. Now, what i mean is that if a girls skill in something increases the iimage i put in the pack of the character looking reluctant or unskilled no longer fits right? also if she equips or consumes something that changes her physical state, like becoming a zombie, or vampire, or futa, then the normal pics no longer fit her. So make conditional image names, like 'les80 4' so that would be the fourth image of a lesbian skill of 80. Or maybe 'SexFuta 6' a conditional image to be used in place of normal sex images in case of futa transformation. or a comination like 'Combat60Zombie 2' Combat skill of 60 and zombie transformation. Now i realize that this would make girl packs much less acessable to make, and i don't know how hard it would be to code, so i would make a way to disable it, or make two versions with and without it, this would also outdate many old packs making them incompatible. And you may alienate many of the current fans, because the main draw to this is that it is so easy to customize, with girls and writting, that even with little to no support you can make the experience unique and fun on your own. It's just a thought, and i hope that you continue to love this game as much as we have, I have been a fan since a long time ago, (the original pinkpetal site) I even had a poular pack thread a while back, (with over 4000 unique downloads on average) But i still love the way the game is going, and i love the fact that someone is still producing for this game, and i think the fans so get out there and post about it on places. Thank for reading this absurdly long post, and thanks for the new versions. (i think site host should replace old game on top with your version and put the old one somewhere else.) Pic unrelated.

Offline Romanul

« Reply #1345 on: May 17, 2015, 06:38:16 AM »
Question: Are there any plans for the dungeon to get more love? I believe I've read somewhere that there was the intent to make it a full building. Or at least get more options for evil playing characters?

Right now even the bed-warmer can refuse to have sex with you (while being a slave). It seem a bit of a break in the game between kidnapping girls, taking them to the dungeon, having a dedicated torturer (which resides in the brothel for some reason), having tortured girls get the mind fucked trait and enslaving them. After they are released from the dungeon there are few evil options out there and none that constrict/force the girls to do you bidding(other and send them to the dungeon again and reeducating them).

I could spam the forum with ideas and I'm sure other will bring even better ideas but that no the point. I'm asking if this is even being considered.

Ps: I fully realize that crazy and aevojoey have their hands full at the moment and that they might not even be interested in coding this type of features. I'm just curious if there are any plans, that's all.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1346 on: May 17, 2015, 01:14:25 PM »
I am going to do some code cleaning to remove some of the stuff I started after .06.01.19 but have not had time to work on since.
When I get that removed, I will double check all the new submissions and push out .06.01.20.

I have no clue how difficult it would be but if i got an example (how to) on one job then i would be most happy to write it into the the other jobs.
The reason i ask now is that at this moment while playing the game, you have no idea on how your girl progresses if you dont get a screenshot every time you start a new day
Soo ... i would like to contribute and start learning some coding provided i get an example of 1 job implemented i must be smart enough to get it for the rest as well
I will add an option to config.xml to make it optional then do a couple of jobs and let you take it from there.

I don't know where the suggestion thread is, but i'm'a post it here.
There are several suggestion threads and this is one of them.

Conditional images. Now, what i mean is that if a girls skill in something increases the iimage i put in the pack of the character looking reluctant or unskilled no longer fits right? also if she equips or consumes something that changes her physical state, like becoming a zombie, or vampire, or futa, then the normal pics no longer fit her. So make conditional image names, like 'les80 4' so that would be the fourth image of a lesbian skill of 80. Or maybe 'SexFuta 6' a conditional image to be used in place of normal sex images in case of futa transformation. or a comination like 'Combat60Zombie 2' Combat skill of 60 and zombie transformation.
Now i realize that this would make girl packs much less acessable to make, and i don't know how hard it would be to code, so i would make a way to disable it, or make two versions with and without it, this would also outdate many old packs making them incompatible.
I had the idea a few weeks ago to allow customized texts for images so the game would read the text file paired with the image and when displaying the image in the turn summary.
This could be expanded to allow the paired file to also include tests for if the game will choose the image.
It would not break old packs because the game will see that the image does not have a paired file and will just use the current texts.

Question: Are there any plans for the dungeon to get more love? I believe I've read somewhere that there was the intent to make it a full building. Or at least get more options for evil playing characters?
For the short term there are no plans to do anything to the dungeon.

Right now even the bed-warmer can refuse to have sex with you (while being a slave).
The bed warmer needs a lot of work as do many of the jobs.
I started looking at updating bed warmer while I was detailing Jobs because it is quite outdated compared to some other jobs.

It seem a bit of a break in the game between kidnapping girls, taking them to the dungeon, having a dedicated torturer (which resides in the brothel for some reason), having tortured girls get the mind fucked trait and enslaving them. After they are released from the dungeon there are few evil options out there and none that constrict/force the girls to do you bidding(other and send them to the dungeon again and reeducating them).

I could spam the forum with ideas and I'm sure other will bring even better ideas but that no the point. I'm asking if this is even being considered.
I personally don't use torture in the game and I generally play as good so I have not really thought about adding evil type jobs.
If you want to suggest some jobs that would be evil, please do.
The more detail you can provide, (texts for various levels, what skills are needed, etc.) the less I would have to write and the more likely it would get in sooner.

Offline p373r

« Reply #1347 on: May 18, 2015, 08:41:36 AM »
I will add an option to config.xml to make it optional then do a couple of jobs and let you take it from there.

Give me a message when done and i get started ;-)

Offline derpderpfake

« Reply #1348 on: May 25, 2015, 03:53:23 PM »
This might have very well been covered already somewhere in the 90+ pages, but I've gotta ask: How hard would it be to make procedurally generated items?

It would be very cool if item makers at the farm could craft unique items (saved directly in the save game, not pulling from the item files) that randomly chose from a number of positive stats/traits (based upon the creator's skills) and negative stats/traits (based upon the creator's lack thereof). Give each trait and stat a value (negative value for negative effects), maybe add a base for item type (which would be randomized), and keep the item if it ends up positive overall.

Then it checks the value of the item, and if it's positive, the item is produced.

So a failure from a 20-skill craftsman would look like this:

Shitty item rolls "Underwear" type (Requires Item skill >= 15, +5g)
Shitty item rolls sub-type of "Granny Panties" (requires Item skill <= 20, -5g)
Shitty item rolls 1 positive stat (on a skill-based range of 1-2)
Shitty item rolls 0 positive traits (on a skill-based range of 0-1)
Shitty item rolls 2 negative stats (on a skill-based range of 1-4)
Shitty item rolls 1 negative trait (on a skill-based range of 1-2)
Positive stat roll: +8 Charisma (on a skill-based range of 1-10) (+120g)
Negative stat roll: -2 Love (on a skill-based range of -1 to -10) (-20g)
Negative stat roll: -5 Agi (on a skill-based range of -1 to -10) (-50g)
Negative trait roll: Adds "Retarded" (requires Item skill <=25, can't have "Quick Learner") (-150g)

Shitty item stats/description: +8 Cha, -2 Love, -5 Agi, adds "Retarded". Value: -110g.
Value is negative, so our "Granny Panties of the Derpy Playa" is discarded.

A success, on the other hand, would look like this:

Good item rolls "Helmet" type (Requires Item skill >= 35, +30g)
Good item rolls sub-type of "Kettle Helm" (requires Item skill >= 45, +0g)
Good item rolls 3 positive stats (on a skill-based range of 2-4)
Good item rolls 2 positive traits (on a skill-based range of 1-3)
Good item rolls 1 negative stats (on a skill-based range of 0-2)
Good item rolls 1 negative trait (on a skill-based range of 0-1)
Positive stat roll: +4 Obedience (on a skill-based range of 4-12) (+60g)
Positive stat roll: +9 Magic (on a skill-based range of 4-12) (+135g)
Positive stat roll: +12 Happiness (on a skill-based range of 4-12) (+180g)
Positive trait roll: Adds "Half-Construct" (requires Item skill >=50, Intelligence >=60) (+350g)
Positive trait roll: Adds "Broken Will" (requires Magic skill >=40, requires "Psychic") (+150g)
Negative stat roll: -2 Obedience (on a skill-based range of -1 to -5) (-20g)
Negative trait roll: Removes "Elegant" (requires Refinement skill < 20) (-50g)

Good item stats/description: +2 Obedience, +9 Magic, +12 Happiness. Adds "Half-Construct", "Broken Will". Removes "Elegant". Value: 835g
Value is positive, so item is named (procedurally, based upon largest positive/negative valued stat and trait, in this case "Kettle Helm of the Gleeful Android" or "Android Kettle Helm of Glee" (happiness being the highest stat, 'half-construct' being the highest trait.)

It could also randomly pull adjectives/nouns from a third, plugging it into 'Adjective Item of the Adjective Noun' or 'Adjective Noun's Item of Noun' (so, 'Broken Will' being the third most valuable (let's say its 'noun' and 'adjective' values are "Victim's" and "Broken", respectively) would make it "Victim's Kettle Helm of the Gleeful Android" or "Robotic Kettle Helm of Broken Glee", or some such thing.)

Randomizing the name wouldn't be necessary, 'acourse, but it could add a little bit of fun and variety in the items you make. (Imagine your surprise when your slave runs up to you all proud and excited one day, telling you "Master, Master, I made an item!" and handing you a +int +retarded "Glove of the Ingenious Idiot")

If you wanted to get nuts with it, you could add 'dominant traits' to the description as well ('It is inlaid with fiery gemstones' for Attack+, 'Just being near it makes you feel stupid' for Int-, etc)... as well as 'enhancement adjectives' (Minor/Lesser/[normal]/Greater/Legendary) depending upon the stat values... or get really unnecessarily-complicated and build the 'enhancement power' into the random names (so Happiness+ nouns would be "Contentedness/Happiness/Glee/Unrestrained Jubilation", depending on the stat value)

You could also make it even more complicated by giving the sub-types of items stats or limitations (such as 'granny panties have a max of 1 of each type of stat (posstat/negstat/postrait/negtrait), giving them inherent stats (such as 'granny panties have a base of -2 cha'), or limiting which stat types and traits go on which items (such as 'metal helmets don't get +magic, cloth helmets don't get +combat' or '"Adds One Eye' only applies to Hat and Helmet items').

This is all fun ideas that are getting way ahead of myself. I think a basic item system (random generated, basic randomly-generated names) would work best.

Oh, with regards to Item type/sub-type, in case it isn't apparent from the examples, the idea would be to have a minimum skill to make each type, and then a range of sub-types chosen with various names and price effects (with shitty subtypes being grown out of, and good subtypes grown into)... so when your girl hits a high level, they'll start making fancier underwear and dress types, instead of still making the same generic clothing that they started with.

I would be more than happy to volunteer my time to do some of the legwork, if the idea seems sound to the powers-that-be: I made this account specifically to help out with this. I've been following and enjoying this game for a while now, and would love the opportunity to contribute some mothafuckin' spreadsheets. (Trust me; I live for this shit.)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1349 on: May 25, 2015, 04:28:31 PM »
This might have very well been covered already somewhere in the 90+ pages, but I've gotta ask: How hard would it be to make procedurally generated items?
It would be very cool if item makers at the farm could craft unique items (saved directly in the save game, not pulling from the item files) that randomly chose from a number of positive stats/traits (based upon the creator's skills) and negative stats/traits (based upon the creator's lack thereof). Give each trait and stat a value (negative value for negative effects), maybe add a base for item type (which would be randomized), and keep the item if it ends up positive overall.
While this exact topic has not been talked about much, I have been updating the item making jobs recently.
I have planned on making minor variations of some items like "Battle Axe +1" where the game would look for the "Battle Axe" part then take the "+1" as the modifier.

Making entire items out of nothing would be a little more complicated to code.
Currently items are only stored as names and the .itemsx file that matches that name is checked for the effects.
If all items are stored in the save game file, it would bloat it more extensively.
This is kind of a moot point because every girl is already stored in the save game so a little more clutter would not make much of a difference.

I would be more than happy to volunteer my time to do some of the legwork, if the idea seems sound to the powers-that-be: I made this account specifically to help out with this. I've been following and enjoying this game for a while now, and would love the opportunity to contribute some mothafuckin' spreadsheets. (Trust me; I live for this shit.)
If you can make a list of variations and a logical path for them to be created by girls, have at it.

I pulled out what I had been working on for the .itemsx files to hold the method they are created by and am going to do a simple hard coded list of items like I already have for the working crafting jobs for now.
When I get to the point where I can add that back in, I will.

The less I have to write, the faster I can get things in.