Author Topic: Game Design/Ideas  (Read 122822 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Game Design/Ideas
« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2014, 12:28:02 PM »
I don't know. Not everyone can endure six sex acts in a row, I mean clients  ::)

Also I don't see much difference between incresing the number of sex acts per client and increasing the total number of served clients per shift. Except some texts maybe, but outcome more or less the same.

Children and pregnancy... Probably the only way to implement it is to use random girls as daughters, like in WM.
Pregnancy pictures are very rare too. Not to mention that we use days, not weeks like in WM, so pregnancy and adulthood will take a lot of turns. 9 months + 16 years = 6110 turns.

Thus, some kind of trick is required here, but I'm not sure which one.

Offline dorkosaurus

« Reply #241 on: May 26, 2014, 05:50:42 PM »
will the PC be able to work at one of the brothels in a later update?  I think it would give the PC a bit more options to do besides just arenas.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #242 on: May 27, 2014, 04:09:47 AM »
will the PC be able to work at one of the brothels in a later update?  I think it would give the PC a bit more options to do besides just arenas.
Main character is able to work as a guard in his own brothels and is able to do some basic labor in arena and slave market locations, and even in his free time he's busy with healing himself or with some self-training. What else you would like him to do there? Doing cleaning seems a bit too undignified for a business owner...

Outside of brothels, there are plans for expanding interactions, slave training and exploration as another things MC and girls could do. But nothing is a solid concept atm.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:20:14 AM by CherryWood »

Offline MonkeyBoo

« Reply #243 on: May 27, 2014, 03:07:55 PM »
I don't know. Not everyone can endure six sex acts in a row, I mean clients  ::)

Also I don't see much difference between incresing the number of sex acts per client and increasing the total number of served clients per shift. Except some texts maybe, but outcome more or less the same.

Children and pregnancy... Probably the only way to implement it is to use random girls as daughters, like in WM.
Pregnancy pictures are very rare too. Not to mention that we use days, not weeks like in WM, so pregnancy and adulthood will take a lot of turns. 9 months + 16 years = 6110 turns.

Thus, some kind of trick is required here, but I'm not sure which one.

I didn't think realism was a goal for this game :)

But you could make it such as the girl is disappointing by the client but she was smart enough to get the money for all the sex acts, although he came in 5 seconds... Besides I was suggesting Intelligence was the stat for this anyways, so it could be logical.

I didn't aim at replacing the number of clients per shift, if by that you mean Action Points per Day, but adding to the complexity, so you would have both, ok maybe endurance should also be some sort of a stat that links to this, if the girl has too low an endurance she could still convince the client to go all out, and if the client actually can, she faints and he leaves dissapointed... maybe the complexity is too high, it is just a suggestion  ::)

Regarding the pregnancy, I was aiming at it being more end game material, and it depends on play style, and how fast the game evolves, some like me would take ages, others that don't use auto-save would be there in a few days of play time. Maybe it could be an Easter Egg that only hardcore players can undertake, and girls could have sterile as a trait, if there aren't pictures. I know how long it would take but I would play for it, idk how many other people would but you could have a mystic flask that you can win as a random event, that could add 1 or 10 or more years to a girl, or have the opposite effect.

Also I don't really know what the aim is for game play time for us players, are we expected to quit the game in 1000 turns, or finish it that fast? or maybe restart it? cause if not, 6000 is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but if the play time is reduces to an average of 1000 even 6000 it might be too much. But with all the load / saves I did, I would have passed that a long time ago.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2014, 01:28:03 PM »
I couldn't sleep last night and this is a result - my attempt to draw a new day screen...

Should there be anything beyond this in the NDL? Any specific requests/features anyone can think of?

Edit:

I took a look at the ND code and it's in a better shape than I've thought since it was reviewed once by Rudi and twice by me. I don't think it actually requires turning it into a class like Fin/Stats so I'll just recode the GUI and add a couple more flags to Jobs. Otherwise, upon a more detailed examination of CW's design, there are some flaws like issues with days going above 100, adding more jobs than we have now and I am lacking pretty calendar days graphics like FRI that were used... also I don't have graphics for those hero stat bars. Another issue is generalization of design, what will happen when we have more buildings with completely different jobs? Do we extend the Girls/Brothels switch filter?

Basically, my point remains that we can only make a pretty, planned out GUI design only after the game is complete, not before because redesigning it all the time is very pricy in terms of development time so my plan is to introduce some simple form of expandable summary screen for now and make a pretty CW-like variant after the game is in much better shape. There should also be more filters and events should be flaged in red/green.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:36:20 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline gyzbug

« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2014, 10:43:02 PM »
Only thing that is important to me is getting to see all the flagged events so I can keep track of what and who so I can use items as needed.  Also guarding is a bit of a problem currently.  With larger brothels you get nearly 300 customers a day and end up with alot of fights.  However all the guards act as one unit and spend all the AP they have on the first 4 fights leaving the next 4 with nobody onhand to stop. 

Another thing whould be adding an extra line to the result screen at each brothel to show net gain/loss of reputation and fame, while advertisements are accounted for, customers the try to ruin your business resulting in net loss are not as well as happy customers giving a bonus.
I just jumped into the deep end and didn't code how to swim first.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #246 on: June 25, 2014, 11:14:41 PM »
With larger brothels you get nearly 300 customers a day and end up with alot of fights.  However all the guards act as one unit and spend all the AP they have on the first 4 fights leaving the next 4 with nobody onhand to stop. 

Flagging this as two bugs. I need to come up with a way to limit the amount of responders to the single customer attacks and take a look at why more than four attack can occur (there should be only 3 attacks on whores and one single barfight per day possible... I prolly changed this for testing purposes and forgot).

Another thing whould be adding an extra line to the result screen at each brothel to show net gain/loss of reputation and fame, while advertisements are accounted for, customers the try to ruin your business resulting in net loss are not as well as happy customers giving a bonus.

That was planned in CWs mockup but I got sick of ND code before managing to code this one in. It'll be done, just don't know when.
Like what we're doing?