devolution

Author Topic: Stat based Traits  (Read 15001 times)

exodia91

Re: Stat based Traits
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 07:15:39 PM »
Someone plays this game WITHOUT addons?! I feel sorry for you, default girls are.... eh.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »
Truth be told, I'd rather see all the random girls removed from the game.  ???

Personally, I dislike unique girls.

Offline Graen

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 07:41:25 PM »
Someone plays this game WITHOUT addons?! I feel sorry for you, default girls are.... eh.

Oh I agree, some of the default girls are quite, "eh..."  ;)

But also consider that many people who download and play the game aren't going to be aware of all the mods for the game that are already out, nor the current forums, they'll just have the core game.  I actually don't know if this game has a website besides these forums!  ???

The current readme.html doesn't even link to the current forums, nor does the credits list have an e-mail to contact the authors.  The only e-mail I can find is after you click the PayPal donate button.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 02:25:41 AM »
That would help with players who don't want unique girls, but I don't really see much value beyond that. 
  • It'd help with the people who don't like random girls
  • It would help with the people who don't like unique girls.
  • It would help with the people who'd just as soon not get (and keep getting) loli content.
  • And will it probably help with other personal preference issues that just haven't been raised yet.
Also, you wouldn't need to keep downloading the girls for each full release

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 03:45:58 AM »
I assumed that randoms were required for the game to run, so even those who don't use them still need them.  I'd think the game would require a great deal of reworking to eliminate the need for them.  Your other points are quite valid, though.  It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if that's how the game is distributed in the future.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 02:14:54 PM »
Currently, I think they are, if only for cases when there is no unique girl available.

Still, it could be done. Probably have to disable daughters, abduction and taking family members in lieu of payment in such cases though. At least until I get around to improving the XML that specifies where girls can be found.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 04:24:33 PM »
Instead of disabling it outright, just check to see if a girl is available first, then if one isn't, pursue an alternative resolution (children are automatically male, deadbeat customer doesn't have any daughters, kidnapping attempt fails, etc.).  It will still be useful code even after you implement the changes to the XML format, as players could still run out of girls from one of the pools when playing without randoms.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."