Author Topic: Preset Outfit Options  (Read 19245 times)

exodia91

Re: Preset Outfit Options
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 02:30:52 PM »
Because its just enabling an already bad system to just continue. Right now it seems people only give girls items in huge chunks to increase playerlove, so they just give them all a set of expensive stuff, boom, instant love. Instead of pandering to this rather stupid system, we should change it. My first proposal would be a new hidden girl stat, opinion, which represents the girls opinion of the player. Each turn the girls love would go up by like, 1/10th her opinion stat, and giving a girl gifts and being nice to her, increases opinion, not love. So this way, even if you shower her with tons of uber gifts etc, it still takes at least 10 weeks for her to fully love the player. And if you get into negative opinion because you mistreat her, or maybe have it decrease very slowly over time as well, it will lower her love by 1/10th every turn. More realistic, and hopefully it will discourage people from just dumping gifts on girls in one turn to instantly max her love stat. You could still have special items, like venus jewels maybe, directly affect love.

Offline willaberhaben

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 02:45:28 PM »
And that would change what?
Lets say the love stat is the only reason why people give the girls item (which I doubt, but I don't think we can find every reason of every player).
Now they give them items and gain love.
If I understood your proposal right they then would give item to gain opinion which would give them small love gains every week.
In both cases the goal would be "girl love me" and the way would be here are "some shoes, rings, insert other gift here".

It might be more realistic maybe, but it wouldn't stop people from using gifts to gain love.
And as a result everyone who does still had a lot of clicking ahead of him if he owns more than a couple of girls.

exodia91

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »
Note the "First proposal" part. I thought it would be more likely to slowly change the system one thing at a time then just throwing the coders a massive overhaul all at once. I for one, don't like waiting months in-between releases.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »
Sorry it is taking so long but we have lives outside of this game.

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »
Take your time delta, but not too long.  Thankfully I have the end of a school term to keep my attention to real life matter.  We await your next update with great anticipation.  Wonder what's going to be included....?

Offline 11Z11

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 04:42:58 PM »
the wait will be worth it if there are a bunch of new additions/features ....which i think there will be if you've read through some of the dev posts......personally i'm looking forward to being able to assign other none"whore" jobs to the girls....

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »
That's my point. Even when I have 40+ girls, equipping and using items has never, ever been a problem. Period. And the game was not meant to be played with that many girls, you never need more then like 10 for income, after that its just your personal preference, the game was intended to be played with a few girls you liked and then some supporting random girls. It was not intended for the player to have 50+ unique girls. I fail to see why so many people are complaining about the item system, its fine, unless you're playing this like its pokemon and have over 200 girls, which is your own problem.

This, that's the problem. Nobody ever said that you MUST have all brothels fully filled. It's just there if some really, really need it. I personally never have more than 40 girls (2-3 brothels, I don't fill them up). What's the point?

Same with characters packs. They were possible before editor was made, only difference was that they would need to be made manually. They are there to add some variety to the game, there are no achievements in game if you "catch them all". Game is what you get when you DL it, everything else is optional/extra and shouldn't be used as measure or pointer to how the game itself should be changed.

Presets really don't have a point, no one can guarantee that you can buy same things every time you visit the store, or even 10 of the items. What use would preset be if you'd need to spend 10 turns to complete preset for one girl. Editing them so this is possible is ridiculous, that's not the way it was intended to be, by doing that you modded it and requesting features so it suits your mod is... It's not a dress up game.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 06:23:51 PM by Solo761 »

Offline Rose

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 06:02:21 AM »
I'm personally against setting a hard cap for number of girls. I usually try to get every unique girl i have, which is already over 300 and growing. As for the "preset outfit" thing, I don't really care either way. Sure, it would cut down on the clicking, but outfitting a few girls every turn really doesn't take that long.
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 06:59:04 AM »
I don't even equip all my girls. I don't know if it's possible. But an "auto equip" button might fix things. You buy all the items you want a girl to equip, and when you click this button it gives the girl you're currently on the best of each type of equip you have.
So obviously you'd have to put them on in order of your favorites, or who needs it most. You do lose the whole "You gave girla1 a raggy dress she put it on right away." But I don't think we really need that anyways do we?
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline GonDra

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 12:43:07 PM »
I usually equip girls with stuff when i already am pretty rich - and usually use them to push the looks of a girl who has otherwise completed Training or lower rebellion so i can actually begin to Train them (i don't like sending them back to the Dungeon after Training - too many dead Guardians or girls this way). This lowers the Time they will spend in the Dungeon significantly.

But an updated Item screen with a List of the slots and whats in them, preferably integrated with the normal girl detail screen would be nice (maybe with a Button to show/hide it), but i would be happier if i could see 1.30 released once it reaches beta worthiness (is that even a word?).

Until then i will create some new items and test them, now if only my fully trained grunts wouldn't loose 1/3rd of their manpower every time they go into the catacombs...

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 11:19:39 PM »
Dealing with the grunts, I've had great success giving them level 4 weapons and then hiring/firing them till I get a group that has stats above 40% for each.  This "almost" guarantees few to zero losses for each trip into the catacombs.  Just make sure your grunts have good intelligence, magic, and combat stats and you should be fine.

Offline GonDra

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2010, 12:42:45 PM »
I usually get a bunch of grunts and set some to Train at the beginning of the game. So that i have 100% in everything grunts with level 4 weapons and those loose a bunch of people (I just made a short Test and a 100% Grunt with level 4 weapons and with a bunch of heal potions stored came back with only 8 men).
I only have some Girlpacks installed in a Vanila clean install of 1.29.4.6 Beta (the patched install out of the download thread, I think even fix2)

If someone wants i can upload my save game or whatever is needed in a new Thread if this is really a bug.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2010, 01:28:41 PM »
just to check are you sure you have the newest version? 'cause I know in one of then last versions it was really bad like that, but now I don't find that I'm loosing a lot of guys. I know what kills my guys is sabotage.

Offline GonDra

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
MD5 checksums of the used executable and the config check out as the same ones of the just now downloaded version (out of the stickied download thread).
I am pretty sure i didn't change anything besides putting a few Girlpacks in in the game that the problem occurs in.
I will try to test if i can get the grunts to die in a new untouched version in the next day or two.

I am running a 64bit Win7 professional if there are any known issues with that.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 04:39:11 PM »
What does it say in the title bar of the game.