Author Topic: the dead  (Read 23992 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: the dead
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
I'll get to reading those right away. Had no idea they brought it back. <checked> YAAAAA NO Twilley!

I was hoping for a GrimJim fix, too. Still, classic Gaunt is not to be sneezed at :)

Message received. Sorry for derailing the hell out of the topic. (Head crabs? Jesus) I get tired and the non sequiturs come flying. I actually will start a Nature of Crossgate thread later today. I am very interested in that sorta thing.

It wasn't a dig at you - just an observation that the question keeps cropping up. I might well sticky the topic if you start it :)

Also I agree with Exodia on the broken aspects of bringing girls back. If you can piece my thought's together through most of the verbal diarrhea, you should notice that. Thought I'd point that out to  stay on topic. :D

And on that note, as I see it there are roughly four viewpoints here

• "I don't my girls to die! It's icky"
  • "I don't want my girls to die, but the potential for death lends meaning to my actions in the game"
  • "I don't see why I can't use resurrection. It's a common convention in fantasy games"
  • "Plus. I like a touch of the macabre, and I think it would be cool to raise zombie girls, or sell the cadavers to insane medical researchers"
I've got a degree of sympathy for all of the above, really. I think I'd favour configuration options that let the player

• disable death altogether in the game
  • allow death but not resurrection
  • allow "clean" resurrections
  • allow macabre stuff
Which ought to please everyone. Or at least everyone who doesn't want the rest of the world to play the game their way, anyway.

[edit]

I might however add something that lets you stop perfectly healthy girls from being killed outright in a single torture session. Bit of a pet peeve, that.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:30:15 PM by DocClox »

Offline laverinthe

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2010, 05:29:27 PM »
I apologize for bringing up the whole inter dimensional aspect, thus derailing everyone's train of thought.  What if you just created a "near death state?"  Rather than kill her outright, you can have her reach a critical point where if you don't immediately administer life saving treatment, THEN she dies.  It would probably be really expensive to discourage people from taking it for granted, and it would be a massive hit to the girl's morale.
The rules were written by people who couldn't win without them.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2010, 05:34:18 PM »
I apologize for bringing up the whole inter dimensional aspect, thus derailing everyone's train of thought. 

It was a perfectly valid suggestion. I don't think anyone particularly hijacked the thread - it just drifted, as sometimes happens.

What if you just created a "near death state?"  Rather than kill her outright, you can have her reach a critical point where if you don't immediately administer life saving treatment, THEN she dies.  It would probably be really expensive to discourage people from taking it for granted, and it would be a massive hit to the girl's morale.

That would work for me. Might be fun to link the price to disposition (since you have to go asking favours at the local goody-goody temple). Give the good guys something tangible for a change :)

Offline Zeus

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2010, 05:50:49 PM »
mh... at time (v416) i use the bug to resurrect my dead girls...
i don't like it to read "She was depressed and kill herself" ... or just a randome kill/death in the Dungeon i would like to get a no bug using way to revive my girls... just a real revive or after 2 or more weeks a revive getting a new Trait called "Zombie" whitch make the Girls hart to Hurt, never Tire, a NEED for Vira Blood and Steril (or a new Item called fresh Human meat for the Zombi girls that they need every 2 or 4 weeks or they would die without any chance for revive o-O....)
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2010, 06:48:37 PM »
I was hoping for a GrimJim fix, too. Still, classic Gaunt is not to be sneezed at :)

I always preferred John Gaunt to Twilley. But my real concern was that they where just gonna continue with another Incarnation. The fact that they went all the way back past his first incarnation and his clone resurrection was just perfect.

It wasn't a dig at you - just an observation that the question keeps cropping up. I might well sticky the topic if you start it :)

I still take full responsibility.  ;D

Also, I'll get that topic up after eating. Still sorting some ideas out in my head.

I might however add something that lets you stop perfectly healthy girls from being killed outright in a single torture session. Bit of a pet peeve, that.

Oh please do, I can deal with me doing something dumb and a girl dying and having to restart if I really wanted to keep her. (I am almost proud of the fact I choked Sophitia to death with my cock. Wasn't so proud of the fact I had to start from an earlier save.) But the whole "Fresh monster girl in the dungeon with glass health" thing got on my nerves when I started to explore the catacombs.

Maybe have it that they can't die unless there health was ridiculously low to begin with. Like 10% or so. You shouldn't be tormenting girls at that health range anyways. (see the above Sophitia Deepthroat of death.)
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2010, 07:24:22 PM »
I always preferred John Gaunt to Twilley. But my real concern was that they where just gonna continue with another Incarnation. The fact that they went all the way back past his first incarnation and his clone resurrection was just perfect.

I liked the original Gaunt. CloneJack, not so much. By the end he was getting too nice and too well adjusted, and somehow it had stopped feeling like GrimJack by that point. Then along comes Jimbo with a whole fresh batch of issues, and suddenly that big grin was scary again. The main problem I had with Twilley's run was what was happening in Cynosure. The dimensional/PRG tech was getting too good and it was turning into a generic S/F city. That and the fact that he had to wrap it up ridiculously fast when image collapsed.

But yeah. Setting it just prior to GJ's first appearance was a good move. Classic Gaunt, and close on the only major part of his story that's never been told. I liked it a lot.

Maybe have it that they can't die unless there health was ridiculously low to begin with. Like 10% or so. You shouldn't be tormenting girls at that health range anyways. (see the above Sophitia Deepthroat of death.)

Something like that, certainly. I'll have a look over the weekend, RL allowing.

[edit]

OK, I've set it so any girl with health > 20 gets a saving throw against death by torture (lucky her!) and a health 80 or greater they can be tortured without risk of death. I've also given gangs a save vs annihilation when a girl wipes out everyone one on her way out of the dungeon. It'll still happen, but should be quite rare for a well trained gang.

Testing it now, will commit to svn tonight :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:50:42 PM by DocClox »