Author Topic: Financial Reports  (Read 2792 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Financial Reports
« on: December 09, 2009, 03:38:57 PM »
Well, I'm finally close to finishing the config file/gold handing re-write that I started last week. One side effect of this is that I'm going to be able to generate a detailed breakdown of income and expenditure - something I've always felt was lacking in the game.

What I'm thinking of doing in the short term is to generate these reports and dump them to a text file. Maybe have a folder called "reports" and drop 'em in like save files with monthly and yearly summaries. Eventually I'll see about doing a screen for the data, but this should give us a chance to test and evaluate before I got messing with the GUI.

Assuming people are interested, what format would you want? Easiest for me is plain old text, but that means you'd need a constant width font for it all to line up. Other possibilities are CSV (for import into a spreadsheet) and HTML (easiest display, but probably most work for me :))

Offline Alugere

Re: Financial Reports
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 04:05:10 PM »
Just something that can be read in notepad is fine.

Offline sgb

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 05:53:58 PM »
Plain old text works fine for me.  I'm not preparing this report for work, it's just a FYI tool for a game.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 07:30:19 PM »
If it's going to be a strictly out-of-game tool, I vote for CSV, as most of the people who are sufficiently nitpicky about the details of the finances to use the data out of game would probably want to put it in a spreadsheet program anyway.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline LordShame

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 08:05:23 PM »

Awwwww yeah.  :D