Author Topic: Micromanagement and the interface  (Read 3125 times)

Offline GmanPrime

Micromanagement and the interface
« on: July 04, 2010, 12:52:39 PM »
I think this game could really use some ways to reduce the micromanagement, without stripping control away from you.  Case in point, despite the fact that you typically control many girls, there is no way in most cases to deal with all of them at once.  That's why it would be nice to be able to select multiple girls and perform most actions with them.  There is a lot of tedious micromanagement because this can't be done that really doesn't add anything to the game.  However if its easier I think just adding more buttons like "release all girls" would be fine as well.  I would put a small "all" button next to the main ones though, like brand slaves for example, to avoid taking up too much interface real estate. 

The main area I think really need to be done in regards to select all/multi-girl selection is the fire girls one, as you constantly get random free girls through gameplay that you just don't want.  Because there is a confirmation every time you fire a girl, it can take five minutes to deal with twenty something girls you have collected from business owners' not paying.  This has lead me to avoid taking over business all together just so I don't have to deal with this constantly, and while the girls can be left in the dungeon technically, scrolling through a hundred girls to get to the ones you sent to the dungeon really isn't an acceptable solution either.

Most of the interface works well though, but this part really is quite annoying.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Micromanagement and the interface
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 01:22:48 PM »
I think this game could really use some ways to reduce the micromanagement, without stripping control away from you.  Case in point, despite the fact that you typically control many girls, there is no way in most cases to deal with all of them at once.  That's why it would be nice to be able to select multiple girls and perform most actions with them. 

You can use multiple selection on the girl management screen. Shift-click to select a range, then tell them all what to do.

In fact I believe you can shift-click on any list box.

Offline ChaosKishin

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 03:14:43 PM »
In fact I believe you can shift-click on any list box.

One I know off the top of my head, you can't shift-click in the list-box for hiring gangs.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 03:16:14 PM »
I stand corrected :)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 06:13:44 AM »
Besides shift-clicking, there's also the expected control(ctrl)-click functionality, and they can be used in combination.

Offline GmanPrime

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 02:30:09 AM »
 ???   I just now checked the replies (yeah I know), and found out about the select all feature.  I'm very sorry, as it basically fixed any issues I had, my apologies.   :-[