devolution

Author Topic: Posion state idea  (Read 2767 times)

Offline slpowerhouse

Posion state idea
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:40:25 PM »
I noticed that in the game there is a poisoned stat and a badly poisoned stat.  I was thinking that it would be interesting if there was a script that checked when a girl got poisoned to see if she was already poisoned.  if the girl already was poisoned then the game would change her to being badly poisoned other wise she would just become poisoned.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Posion state idea
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 01:50:06 AM »
I don't believe we use the poison state for anything at the moment.  I think it's a leftover from when this was going to be dungeon crawl game.

I suppose we should either find a use for it or get rid of it, really.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 05:48:35 AM »
Yeah, currently I think poison stays in effect permanently unless removed by another item, and I'm not sure whether it actually has any effect on the girl or not.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 12:23:55 PM »
I remember trying some items with it some time ago and neither grade of poison did anything at all (other than put a "poisoned" notice in her stats).

Offline slpowerhouse

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 10:26:14 AM »
I was using it for my abortacide item since early abortacide methods were basically just putting poison into her body. Also since we let the girl go into the catacombs now is it not possible for something like a scorpion monster to attack and poison her.

I think I also came up with some effects for the poisoned and badly poisoned statuses

Poisoned-
for 3 weeks the girl loses 5-15 HP

Badly poisoned-
since this will only be applied when a girl is already poisoned
for (poisoned weeks remaining + 3) weeks the girl loses 15-30 HP