Author Topic: More Detailed Accounting  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Moonrunner

More Detailed Accounting
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:41:31 AM »
Would it be possible, perhaps as another part of the turn summary, to give the player a more detailed account about his income and expenses? It would help the player to see the effects of various decisions, such as which jobs a girl takes on, how good their accomodations are, whether his gangs are auto-supplied with healing potions, etc.

At the moment, the player is pretty much flying blind in that regard.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: More Detailed Accounting
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:37:12 PM »
Would it be possible, perhaps as another part of the turn summary, to give the player a more detailed account about his income and expenses?

It would. In fact the code is already in the game. It needs a good debug, but the data capture and report generator should both be there, somewhere. The trouble was that when I did it, I didn't have Dagoth's list columns to line everything up. So I used fixed width fonts and formatted it onto the player screen. The result was ugly, even if I say so myself, and the general response was "kill it with fire".

Still, it shouldn't  be too hard to get it all working again, and format it into a proper list view. Though I'd probably recommend logging it all to a SQLite database and generate the reports from that, We get a bit more flexibiliy that way, and it opens the doors for third party analysis apps.

Offline rukiskanan

Re: More Detailed Accounting
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 01:09:39 AM »
and the general response was "kill it with fire".
your a dbz abridged fan? that is so cool