devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821725 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: SimBrothel: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #585 on: April 16, 2013, 02:34:39 AM »
Well first off any traits that would be considered "Lolita" or "young" or even "Shy" would very much just take the beating or whatever verbal or physical abuse that might be sent there way.
Traits like Big Breasts, Splendid body or other traits that specifically refer to very obvious and visible physical traits would tend to lean towards attackers or opponents probably being more open to an altercation being defused through diplomacy or perhaps bribery through sex, sexual favors or promises of such. Maybe a particularly unruly person or an evil enemy might secretly want to date the girl or even the main character and offer to stop there harassment, violence or other negative attentions if such person agreed to go out on a date with them which could lead to other scenes where other choices could effect going down different paths by either gaining a strong and useful allie or a terrible and vicious enemy. So in essence this would be stuff that calms customers down. Maybe even enchanting voice trait?
Any traits that talk about Great Constitution or Stamina or Strength or anything such as those would likely fit best with a outright fighting type situation. This would be a solve by force type of situation.

Well, Big breasts and Splendid body idea is good, I'll see if I can add that to the code but what follows is an overkill, at least for now. Shy or Meek traits are good candidates for girls just taking a beating but I am not sure about Lolita and young since there are plenty of tsunadere young characters in Anime, that's why I asked Dark to come up with a list, he designed the traits so he would have better insight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #586 on: April 16, 2013, 05:16:48 AM »
If there are no guards and girl is not a slave, what kind of girl fights back or what kind just takes the beating (Slaves are obviously not allowed to fight back).
I guess tsunadere slaves still could fight back, even if it means more problems for them and MC.
Anyway, fight back traits are Fighter and Assassin (they trained to fight, after all), Fearless, Aggressive, Tsundere and Malicious. Maybe also Adventurer and Tomboy, but not as much as the first ones.
Takes the beating traits are Broken Will, Shy, Meek, Nerd, Kind, Mind Fucked. Maybe also Impersonal, Fragile and Dependant, but not as much as the first ones.

What kind of guard/girl would be more interested in trying to solve the conflict by force before trying to talk the costumer down or even be a cause of a conflict
Noble (if customer is not as noble as she is, for example), Malicious, Tsundere, Aggressive. Shy and Mind Fucked too, as unable to talk down the costumer at all.
Cause of a conflict traits are Cleptomaniac because of disclosed stealing, Depression (bad mood = insulting a custumer), Clumsy (drop something right on the customer).

What kind of traits would help guards or girls to calm costumer down?
Charismatic, Sexy Air. Any "good" physical traits, as Bloodkiss mentioned before, like Abnormally Large Boobs, Long Legs and so on.
Maybe a little mind control with Magic Talent or Psychic traits. Artificial Body - not many people want to fight with a construct (maybe Manly too, but not as much as Artificial).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #587 on: April 16, 2013, 06:06:43 AM »
I guess tsunadere slaves still could fight back, even if it means more problems for them and MC.

Hmm, ok, I am not yet sure how to relay a problem to MC but it will be more clear when we create some form of governmental office to represent law and corruption :) I'll add a loop and figure out the penalty later in the development.

Anyway, fight back traits are Fighter and Assassin (they trained to fight, after all), Fearless, Aggressive, Tsundere and Malicious. Maybe also Adventurer and Tomboy, but not as much as the first ones.

I am actually considering writing code that would remove traits like Fighter and Assassin from Prostitutes/Strippers, I am still not entirely sure it's a good idea but it should at least be on the table.

For the rest, it sounds perfect. Adventurer and Tomboy will give 50% chance of girl fighting back, rest 100%.

Takes the beating traits are Broken Will, Shy, Meek, Nerd, Kind, Mind Fucked. Maybe also Impersonal, Fragile and Dependant, but not as much as the first ones.

Looks good!

Noble (if customer is not as noble as she is, for example), Malicious, Tsundere, Aggressive. Shy and Mind Fucked too, as unable to talk down the costumer at all.

Noble prolly not a good bet, might be problematic to program and will not always make sense. Rest makes perfect sense.

Cause of a conflict traits are Cleptomaniac because of disclosed stealing, Depression (bad mood = insulting a custumer), Clumsy (drop something right on the customer).

Tsunadere as well I recon (random attack), but this I will add later.

Charismatic, Sexy Air. Any "good" physical traits, as Bloodkiss mentioned before, like Abnormally Large Boobs, Long Legs and so on.
Maybe a little mind control with Magic Talent or Psychic traits. Artificial Body - not many people want to fight with a construct (maybe Manly too, but not as much as Artificial).

Ok, so for now ALB, Long legs, Sexy Air. I'll take a look at the xml for more.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #588 on: April 16, 2013, 07:30:40 AM »
I am actually considering writing code that would remove traits like Fighter and Assassin from Prostitutes/Strippers, I am still not entirely sure it's a good idea but it should at least be on the table.
Well, if character does have battle training according to the original source, she couldn't just instantly lose it. Maybe you could use for them (hidden?) traits like ex-fighter and ex-assassin.

Even if we talk about slaves or ex-slaves with sealed battle skills, they still have their psychological combat  training, which means they ready for combat and don't afraid to fight back.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #589 on: April 16, 2013, 07:59:27 AM »
Well, if character does have battle training according to the original source, she couldn't just instantly lose it. Maybe you could use for them (hidden?) traits like ex-fighter and ex-assassin.

Even if we talk about slaves or ex-slaves with sealed battle skills, they still have their psychological combat  training, which means they ready for combat and don't afraid to fight back.

Good point... well, I'll just let it be for now and we'll decide something when structure of the game is clearer.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Bloodkiss

« Reply #590 on: April 16, 2013, 11:55:51 AM »
Also this is just a thought. But something like a woman who gives in or uses her body so her enemy lowers there guard and then strikes or kills them even after they might even be asleep or naked during or afterward? *shrugs* Just some ideas, Do we have a trait or traits to represent someone with a no scruples or Conniver, etc?
I'm actually starting to look through some of Darks notes on traits now, Really like a lot of the stuff you have come up with thus far.
Not to make the game too ambitious but I thought now is probably the best time to bring it up rather then later on. Have we considered a criminal type path or profession? Someone looking to build a gang, criminal outfit or organization, perhaps manipulative route to earn fortune or favors from NPC's, maybe even ask shops for protection money, racketeering, etc?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #591 on: April 16, 2013, 01:44:22 PM »
Do we have a trait or traits to represent someone with a no scruples or Conniver, etc?
I'm actually starting to look through some of Darks notes on traits now, Really like a lot of the stuff you have come up with thus far.

I don't think so and there is a traits xml file, not just notes.

Not to make the game too ambitious but I thought now is probably the best time to bring it up rather then later on. Have we considered a criminal type path or profession? Someone looking to build a gang, criminal outfit or organization, perhaps manipulative route to earn fortune or favors from NPC's, maybe even ask shops for protection money, racketeering, etc?

Maybe in distant future, this would require a number of subsystems to be interesting.

Also this is just a thought. But something like a woman who gives in or uses her body so her enemy lowers there guard and then strikes or kills them even after they might even be asleep or naked during or afterward? *shrugs*

Whatever happens, needs to happen on the spot to be relayed in texts and if costumer calmed down, there is little reason to kill him off.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #592 on: April 16, 2013, 02:58:17 PM »
Do we have a trait or traits to represent someone with a no scruples or Conniver, etc?
Btw, any ideas about new traits are welcomed.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #593 on: April 22, 2013, 04:17:42 AM »
Guard job is 50% done now. I'll try to finish it today/tomorrow (will go a lot faster now) if time allows and start working on new items system.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #594 on: April 22, 2013, 01:07:24 PM »
It's good to hear some news.
Still doing One Piece. That's why I prefer less popular aka less time consuming characters for pack creating. For example, Nami has over 5000 pics on pixiv, let alone other sites.

Offline Ertai

• Cycles, cycles, all so round
« Reply #595 on: April 22, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
I've been a lurker for what seems like ever now. I would love to be able to contribute something for the time I've spent here. Are you still in need of writers?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #596 on: April 22, 2013, 06:59:15 PM »
Hi!

I believe for a game as big as this, there is always something you can write. I would suggest you read up on the game until you feel ready to contribute something, then write some texts and send them to Xela. That way you can start right away and won't have to wait for anybody to tell you what to do, as that might take a long time. If you're worried about duplicating effort I suggest you choose a topic that benefits from having many different texts for it.
All this reflects just my own opinion. I can NOT speak for the dev team.

Have fun!
rudi

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #597 on: April 23, 2013, 02:32:19 AM »
I've been a lurker for what seems like ever now. I would love to be able to contribute something for the time I've spent here. Are you still in need of writers?

Hi!

I believe for a game as big as this, there is always something you can write. I would suggest you read up on the game until you feel ready to contribute something, then write some texts and send them to Xela. That way you can start right away and won't have to wait for anybody to tell you what to do, as that might take a long time. If you're worried about duplicating effort I suggest you choose a topic that benefits from having many different texts for it.
All this reflects just my own opinion. I can NOT speak for the dev team.

Have fun!
rudi

Well, that would be my answer as well. We need writing for interactions, girlsmeets, events. Also concept designers for game elements. If you have time to contribute, learn all you can about the game and pick whatever you like. You can coordinate with me but it is very unlikely that you will duplicate anything at this point.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:34:13 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #598 on: April 24, 2013, 02:55:44 AM »
Ok, this morning I've decided to put Guard job aside for now because I had to rewrite 200 lines of code 5 times and it still looks like crap (should work fine on the other hand).

Base for guard job is done for whore act. It's about 40% done for bar and club jobs, I'll leave it at that because every time I start coding these days, falling asleep in 15 minutes is pretty much a given. Last time a block like that came up, I switched to design of different element of the game, finished that and finished what I got stuck on in two days after that.

So, next on the list right now is new item system.

In PyTFall it will look much like in OtherWorld/Alkion, there will be a number of shops selling different types of items. Girls/Hero will have slots to equip items, each item should come with a picture (Can be borrowed from other games). Items should be able to mod stats, add and remove traits. Am I forgetting anything? Does anyone have any specific requests?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #599 on: April 24, 2013, 07:43:16 AM »
How about more complex randomization of items in shops? For example, in WM you don't even need to go to the next week, simple save/load is sufficient for changing the assortment, and that's means you can immediately buy anything you want if you have enough money and patience.

The same items (at least consumable) should be placed in one slot, like 100 healing potions in one slot rather than 100 slots with one potion in each. Many games, including commercial, have this mistake.

How are you going to handle spells/skills? Will they be on sale in some special shops?