Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821297 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #840 on: July 05, 2013, 04:08:17 PM »
Btw, it looks like the current version uses tags to determine pics category. Does is mean we pack makers doesn't have to rename pics, and should use tags json instead?

Ok, I'll check it out...

Renaming is easier at this point of development so rename them. Right now half the game uses the old system and other half uses the new system so it's a bit messy, I wrote a simple script to tag images to json based on their filename so I'll create tag myself. You just name the files accordingly to our old system.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #841 on: July 06, 2013, 08:47:02 AM »
Another elf from quenn's blade, this one has personality, so I included xml just in case.

I've found a way to handle pics without a source, at least with elves. There are a lot of them, so I'll make 2-3 blonde girls for a start: noble with big boobs, archer with normal, dark with dark skin. Eyes are not a problem, their color can be changed literally in 5 seconds.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #842 on: July 06, 2013, 09:04:49 AM »
Another elf from quenn's blade, this one has personality, so I included xml just in case.

I've found a way to handle pics without a source, at least with elves. There are a lot of them, so I'll make 2-3 blonde girls for a start: noble with big boobs, archer with normal, dark with dark skin. Eyes are not a problem, their color can be changed literally in 5 seconds.

Didn't have time to work on the game yet, but tomorrow I am planning to dedicate the whole day. Maybe I'll start with rGirls tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #843 on: July 06, 2013, 10:48:39 AM »
We have to put the point in question about pseudo unique girls, those who don't have enough pics for a full pack. Either they could be a great addition to random packs, or we will use my idea with npcs. I can't decide, both options are good.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #844 on: July 06, 2013, 10:58:20 AM »
We have to put the point in question about pseudo unique girls, those who don't have enough pics for a full pack. Either they could be a great addition to random packs, or we will use my idea with npcs. I can't decide, both options are good.

I don't know either... Let's see how game reacts to rGirls tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #845 on: July 06, 2013, 12:35:10 PM »
Hey, I am sketching a json example for random girl, does this look a lot more confusing than XML to a non Python coder or is this alright?

Code: [Select]
[
  {
    "id": "Rena_Elsword",
    "desc": "Some Random Elf???",

"random_stats": {
    "charisma": [10, 40],
    "constitution": [5, 25]
    },

"random_traits": [
    ["Tough", 50],
    ["Merciless", 10]
    ],

"force_location": false,
    "force_status": false,

"occupations": ["Warrior", "Service Girl"],

"ab_traits": ["Shy", "Meek"],

"battle_skill": "FistAttack"
  }
]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:38:26 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #846 on: July 06, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »
I'm not sure if random girls need description. They have either random or unknow prehistory.
And I don't understand what do you mean by force_location and force_status fields, as well as name field. If name field responsible for locations where you can find her, just call it location or something.

Otherwise, it's not confusing at all.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #847 on: July 06, 2013, 02:52:46 PM »
I'm not sure if random girls need description. They have either random or unknow prehistory.
And I don't understand what do you mean by force_location and force_status fields, as well as name field. If name field responsible for locations where you can find her, just call it location or something.

Otherwise, it's not confusing at all.

Name is a mistake, came from a different file.

force_location (s) will bind this random girl to appear only in specific locations (we will most likely have a lot of different locations). If set to false, this girl might appear in slavemarket, city, arena, random encounter when exploring some location as a fiend or an enemy and so on. Basically,  we should have some form of delimiter to place random girls in the game. Since unique girls are "unique", they have just one location field possibility, random girls might need more so it's either false (whereever the hell) or a list of locations.

force_status is basically the same thing, right now we have just two possibilities for status (slave and free) but we discussed much more than that. Basically this should also serve as a filter of sorts.

But I am coming up with this stuff as I go, we might not need either one or we may end up needing more...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #848 on: July 06, 2013, 03:06:17 PM »
I see.
As for description, I guess I could write there something like "Captured forest elf" or something, but do we need that sort of descriptions in json? I guess the game should write it when you capture her, or "Wild forest elf" if MC persuaded her to join, etc.

As a side note, e-hentai has tons of little-known characters from various games. There is no need in using pseudo unique characters as a part of random packs.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #849 on: July 06, 2013, 03:53:48 PM »
I see.
As for description, I guess I could write there something like "Captured forest elf" or something, but do we need that sort of descriptions in json? I guess the game should write it when you capture her, or "Wild forest elf" if MC persuaded her to join, etc.

As a side note, e-hentai has tons of little-known characters from various games. There is no need in using pseudo unique characters as a part of random packs.

We'll figure out descriptions later, when game structure is clearer. Random girls are coming along nicely, I am actually getting a bit scared that I can write and understand the kind of code required considering I've never heard of Python before little over an year ago and don't know any other programming language :)

In any case, these are new rules:

All random characters go into rchar directory. Inside there are folders delimiting them (like shows for normal girls). Same old data files but now they end with json instead of xml and have different structure. Also there can be different files for different girls in the same folder AS LONG as they start with 'data' and end with '.json'. So you could have a folder called 'elves' for example and have two girls there called elf_1 and elf_2, you can either make one data.json file for both of them or make data_elf_1_rulez.json file for one girl and datasecondelfisalsoawesome.json. Both will be loaded, we only have to be careful about doubles but I can throw an error in such cases and one can put doubles in single json file as well I suppose.

Rest of the file offers setting ranges for stats and chances for traits, absolute blocks are, well "absolute" so they are just forced without any percentages. Since girl can have only one normal attack type at the moment, there is no percentage for that (but we can add one of needs be).

Also I forgot to "magic_skill" field, this one should also be with percentages I suppose.

Oh, folder field is no longer required, we can just get it from the game.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:06:43 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #850 on: July 06, 2013, 04:06:31 PM »
So you could have a folder called 'elves' for example and have two girls there called elf_1 and elf_2, you can either make one data.json file for both of them or make data_elf_1_rulez.json file for one girl and datasecondelfisalsoawesome.json. Both will be loaded
Nice, unique ones could use it too.

What about using multiple clones of unique girls as random girls? I guess the easiest way is to make a copy of original pack with json instead of xml, but that means waste of hd space.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #851 on: July 06, 2013, 04:11:47 PM »
Nice, unique ones could use it too.

What about using multiple clones of unique girls as random girls? I guess the easiest way is to make a copy of original pack with json instead of xml, but that means waste of hd space.

Clones and random girls are two different things. Clone will be the exactly same replica of the girl you'll be cloning with a number of traits removed (I guess) and all magical skills blocked as we discussed.

Random girls are just as good as unique girls, they just have the same picture base with different names. Random girls can be cloned just as well as the unique girls.

Since existing instance is used for cloning, we don't need Json. I am actually planning to use existing (but incomplete) instances for for random girls as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #852 on: July 06, 2013, 04:18:39 PM »
Nope, I mean that
I still say, simply use some chars that could be unique and have pics. There is no rule saying that we should make every single character available as a normal unique girl...
and that
I agree that we can use unique ones as well. But, like I said, together with Otherworld scenic concept, ie random girls are multiple clones (maybe created by an unknown technology, and because of that they do not need life-prolonging; or maybe not, and some of them will be replaced by new ones every 1-2 month if MC won't help them), and somewhere in game world there is a "real one", original unique girl with original stats and traits.
So there're real clones made by MC and there're clones as another name for random girls.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #853 on: July 06, 2013, 04:28:58 PM »
Nope, I mean thatand thatSo there're real clones made by MC and there're clones as another name for random girls.

That's story related, we're doing logic at the moment. We can spin it in a number of ways when we get to story writing.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #854 on: July 06, 2013, 05:03:19 PM »
Well, if you want to use unique ones as random ones, you do need logic for it.

Anyway, I've found about 700 damn pics for 3 monster girls (those packs will be great  :) ). I need a good long break from it, so tomorrow I'll try to deal with git.

I already have an account there, and Mijh mentioned you guys should give me access first. I don't think I have anything to do with the code now, but I could use access to content repository.
Username is darktl, ID is 4282926.