Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821663 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #960 on: July 29, 2013, 12:42:55 AM »
I believe arena will be much sooner than court.

Who knows... You can set up some beginnings of court by simply adding a location with one or two NPCs, Arena should at the very least start with a betting system as well as location and NPC.

We'll live and see.

I am going to have a busy week so tonight I should wrap up any trait/effects related code tonight (large scale I mean, small things I will be able to fix any day). Is there something big left to do?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #961 on: July 29, 2013, 05:18:42 AM »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #962 on: July 29, 2013, 12:09:23 PM »
Hero profile screen gui mockup is almost ready:

Ring slots are in :)

Now general sex stat ('sex') and I want to try sorting items during paging on basis of sex (unisex/male) but I am not yet sure how difficult that would be.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #963 on: July 29, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »
'sex' conversion from normal sex, anal and blowjob is ready as well as 'male' items only filter.  I'll test and dropbox the whole thing soon.

//Edit: DB version has been updated! Screen is really basic, just for testing, at this point I don't even bother replacing Solid frames since we have a whole tenth of version for screen design.

Looks like this at the moment:

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:03:03 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #964 on: July 30, 2013, 05:47:44 PM »
Ok... done for the night. Fixed a lot of bugs (Thanks to Dark for hunting) and wrote some beginnings of logic for encounters (didn't get very far).
Like what we're doing?

Offline dmac42

« Reply #965 on: July 30, 2013, 09:34:09 PM »
I noticed that their is no communication stat for the MC. Won't he needed it for the girlsmeets events? Maybe instead of creating a communication stat it could be a derivative of reputation and charisma. (maybe include intelligence and fatigue)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #966 on: July 31, 2013, 01:42:48 AM »
I noticed that their is no communication stat for the MC. Won't he needed it for the girlsmeets events? Maybe instead of creating a communication stat it could be a derivative of reputation and charisma. (maybe include intelligence and fatigue)

You mean like "speechcraft"?  I figure we could do without, especially for 1.0 but writing a function to get derivative from other stats is an option. Making to many stats or even derivatives will slow us down a bit, even for 1.0 there will be a lot of factors to make things interesting like simple tracking class to place all girls on phantom jobs with income, housing and maybe some other factors that will determine disposition required for her to join up with you. There will also be options to hire warriors to join up with your party without them officially working for you.

In any case, we don't have mercantile stat but have shops so we should be fine without speechcraft for now as well :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #967 on: July 31, 2013, 05:39:42 AM »
For trading I'd prefer to use SM3 approach, ie multileveled trait for MC, either from skill tree or after some special quests.
Not sure if we need speechcraft, but it could either be a secondary stat or another multileveled trait.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #968 on: July 31, 2013, 11:42:47 AM »
For trading I'd prefer to use SM3 approach, ie multileveled trait for MC, either from skill tree or after some special quests.
Not sure if we need speechcraft, but it could either be a secondary stat or another multileveled trait.

We'll see, I cannot tell what the best approach will be...
Like what we're doing?

Offline dmac42

« Reply #969 on: July 31, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »
I wasn't really arguing for a speechcraft skill. I was asking if you were going to have the player invest resources into stats for finding and hiring girls from around town. Either answer is acceptable, and any that save time in programming is better for us waiting on the game.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #970 on: August 01, 2013, 01:14:53 AM »
I wasn't really arguing for a speechcraft skill. I was asking if you were going to have the player invest resources into stats for finding and hiring girls from around town. Either answer is acceptable, and any that save time in programming is better for us waiting on the game.

So you're asking if talking to girls will raise MCs stats? Or I still can't understand the question?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #971 on: August 01, 2013, 04:52:06 AM »
I believe dmac asking if girls will have stats requirements that MC must meet before he will be able to hire them.

I can tell that eventually girls with the best stats will be mostly in remote, dangerous locations - when we'll have more than enough locations, ie most likely after 1.0. As for requirements, that's an interesting idea (that's why MC needs charisma, after all), but I don't care either way.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:02:47 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #972 on: August 01, 2013, 05:45:35 AM »
I believe dmac asking if girls will have stats requirements that MC must meet before he will be able to hire them.

I can tell that eventually girls with the best stats will be mostly in remote, dangerous locations - when we'll have more than enough locations, ie most likely after 1.0. As for requirements, that's an interesting idea (that's why MC needs charisma, after all), but I don't care either way.

I would be against that for random/generic scripts and it depends on where we go with game design, I had a couple of ideas on where to take the game in the future but it's to early to even discuss that (if we start, we'll spend more time figuring that out than developing the game).

However, we should code a couple of unique girls at some point as an example of what's possible.
Like what we're doing?

Offline dmac42

« Reply #973 on: August 02, 2013, 01:21:24 AM »
Yes what DarkTl said. I understand that it is a lot of work, but I was so disappointed with Sibr1x's girlmeet. It felt like they were all  the same girl, but this would add a little something special without having to program every girl. I agree this is a post 1.0 project.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #974 on: August 02, 2013, 02:42:39 AM »
Yes what DarkTl said. I understand that it is a lot of work, but I was so disappointed with Sibr1x's girlmeet. It felt like they were all  the same girl, but this would add a little something special without having to program every girl. I agree this is a post 1.0 project.

As I've said, every girl will have a place of work, income housing and those will determine a disposition required for her to agree to start working (like a captain of city guard would require a 900 disposition before joining your party while some homeless, unemployed girl might agree on -300 disposition). Also there will be trait checks so system is bound to be more interesting than SimBro 1X. On the other hand, even in great games like Elder Scrolls default dialogues get old fairly quickly. I like the format of SimBro 1X, but we may do something different (like opening new dialogue options, depend some of the chat on class and allow for events) but still, the main advantage should be fully customizable unique girls, not some overcomplicated default system.
Like what we're doing?