Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821911 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1275 on: November 01, 2013, 02:19:18 PM »
Sure, I'll create xmls for those packs after I'll finish with mine. I've tagged about 50% already, so it's about one week or less.

After that I'll probably create some monsters if the system will be ready, although I have no idea how to balance out their stats. Maybe it mostly should be up to the game depending on monster's level and type (like in many games), while via json you could add more specific things like skills, spells and resistances.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1276 on: November 01, 2013, 06:10:19 PM »
Thank you. It's Sakura/Hinata/Tenten and Nemu/Momo/Soi-fon/Sun-sun/Nanao so any of these, but only if you will not have something better to do, of course.[size=78%] [/size]

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #1277 on: November 01, 2013, 07:08:25 PM »
After that I'll probably create some monsters if the system will be ready, although I have no idea how to balance out their stats. Maybe it mostly should be up to the game depending on monster's level and type (like in many games), while via json you could add more specific things like skills, spells and resistances.

Yeah, I think that would be best, each mob will have "base" stats but game will ignore that when necessary than and use whatever's required. I am positive that it will possible to import mobs into the game tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1278 on: November 02, 2013, 08:07:41 AM »
I feel a bit stupid after yesterday's beer but I couldn't find a reason not to mimic ArenaFighter for Mobs simply loading them into a different container...

I'll upload the code to DB soon and than build a bestiary and survival mode in the arena.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1279 on: November 02, 2013, 10:04:12 AM »
Tales pack is tagged.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1280 on: November 02, 2013, 03:34:40 PM »
Basic version of bestiary is ready, I've loaded naruto pack to test if it scales well:

Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1281 on: November 02, 2013, 04:07:58 PM »
I wonder if we should allow to see mobs stats freely during the battle. Or do we need a bestiary encyclopedia, like in some games.

I guess we could add a passive skill or a spell to read enemy stats eventually, but that's for another BE.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1282 on: November 02, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
I wonder if we should allow to see mobs stats freely during the battle. Or do we need a bestiary encyclopedia, like in some games.

I think that in the future, mobs that player hasn't defeated yet will be blacked out, arena will load some basic mobs for chain fights and maybe some rare ones for special events. For now, I just want to leave everything as it is and improve upon the concept later.

I guess we could add a passive skill or a spell to read enemy stats eventually, but that's for another BE.

Current battle engine allows pretty much everything, it's coding time that might be required to add new stuff that bothers me. When we get to BE redesign, we'll make a wishlist with all expectations and I'll decide if it's a better bet to use current BE or build a new one...

=====================
Chainfights will be the last feature I will code in for the preAlpha Arena, past that adding couple of NPCs, intro and some more texts will be enough. I am thinking about (maybe) adding quests to preAlpha, to make PyTFall seem more like a game, not just a bunch of code... Like get 3 new girls in 15 days or win 5 dogfights or get some strange in the city or level up any girl 5 levels in 30 days and so on...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1283 on: November 02, 2013, 04:54:19 PM »
I am thinking about (maybe) adding quests to preAlpha, to make PyTFall seem more like a game, not just a bunch of code... Like get 3 new girls in 15 days or win 5 dogfights or get some strange in the city or level up any girl 5 levels in 30 days and so on...
I guess you could, however I've never understood WM type of quests. I mean, you just receive some money from nothing and nobody by doing random stuff.
In Agarest there is the same situation with side quests, but there is adventurers guild with an npc clerk as well, which somewhat explains all these random quests and rewards.

Maybe we need a guild as well even for alpha, at least cosmetic one for a start.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1284 on: November 02, 2013, 06:18:47 PM »
I guess you could, however I've never understood WM type of quests. I mean, you just receive some money from nothing and nobody by doing random stuff.
In Agarest there is the same situation with side quests, but there is adventurers guild with an npc clerk as well, which somewhat explains all these random quests and rewards.

You'd get Jokers instead of money in simbro types of games, I always thought it was a very good concept that added a lot to gameplay.

Maybe we need a guild as well even for alpha, at least cosmetic one for a start.

Cosmetic guild is not hard to build, I am not sure that we really require it though...

=========================
So for tomorrow:
- Darked out pics in bestiary for mobs player has not defeated yet (before Alpha as it is remarkably easy to get done).
- Chainfights (I am still thinking about how to handle that, if all scenarios are covered, it will mean a good deal of work, so player vs single monster for 7 times in a row should do for now?)
- Team formations in JSON

More if time allows.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1285 on: November 03, 2013, 05:25:16 AM »
And what is the jokers in Pytfall? I mean, I know what they do in simbro, but what are they in our project? Artifacts or something?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1286 on: November 03, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »
And what is the jokers in Pytfall? I mean, I know what they do in simbro, but what are they in our project? Artifacts or something?

We don't have jokers :(

But we could add those as special items with areal effects. Jokers could simply be a part of gameplay, without any specific explanation in game world. I don't know what better way is there to make a game out of PyTFall, I've tried playing a few dozen turns with dev mode turned off, it's kinda fun but gameplay itself is nonexistent.

We can use guilds + items instead obviously. I'll be back in an hour and start today coding spree :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1287 on: November 03, 2013, 09:52:16 AM »
Perhaps jokers could be related to religion. With different gods and tasks, like goddes of love for tasks like recruit girls or rise their disposition; arena quests for god of war of something; etc.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1288 on: November 03, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »
Perhaps jokers could be related to religion. With different gods and tasks, like goddes of love for tasks like recruit girls or rise their disposition; arena quests for god of war of something; etc.

Yeap, might work :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1289 on: November 03, 2013, 05:05:56 PM »
Oki, so first version of chainfight are ready :)

Mobs blacked out until defeated seem to be working as well. I'll take a shot at team building but I am not entirely sure how to tackle that at the moment, maybe some basic version to be improved upon later...
Like what we're doing?