devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821694 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1320 on: November 12, 2013, 03:29:15 PM »
Been busy with rl, I have a semi-free day tomorrow so if nothing comes up, I'll try to coed as much as I can.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1321 on: November 12, 2013, 03:37:48 PM »
Know the feeling. about 60 hours of work.. and with a stuborn flu/cold don't leave much energy.

I've been busy try to shop with the girl and what kind of influence it has. I'm hoping to a comparison chart to a equiped view like when you pickup an item in Diablo you it compares to your equiped item.

Made some boneheaded mistakes but finally get the code. Now it's just implementing my idea.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1322 on: November 12, 2013, 03:42:32 PM »
Sounds complicated... but if you can get it to work, be my guest :)

The least we need for the Alpha are some gift items per girls class (occupation).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1323 on: November 12, 2013, 04:26:22 PM »
Will do. Got most of the logic in my head figured out... now need to translate it into something that works on occupation and disposition.

Example:
Buy lingerie for a warrior girl when disposition is low... she doens't really like it and disposition lowers.
But buy the lingerie when the dispostion > 50 she is ok with it. No penalty
And > 80 she loves it. +2 or something.
With the prostitue class it much higher with levels like above...

that was my idea at least.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1324 on: November 12, 2013, 04:31:01 PM »
Will do. Got most of the logic in my head figured out... now need to translate it into something that works on occupation and disposition.

Example:
Buy lingerie for a warrior girl when disposition is low... she doens't really like it and disposition lowers.
But buy the lingerie when the dispostion > 50 she is ok with it. No penalty
And > 80 she loves it. +2 or something.
With the prostitue class it much higher with levels like above...

that was my idea at least.

Disposition ranges between -1000 and 1000 if I am not mistaken.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1325 on: November 12, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »
k will check it in the char stats... but first the look a feel so we can check it. after that is just logic in code.. that's the easy part.

ps. Is it my copy or is the last version on the dropbox not able to go to the next day?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1326 on: November 12, 2013, 04:42:11 PM »
k will check it in the char stats... but first the look a feel so we can check it. after that is just logic in code.. that's the easy part.

ps. Is it my copy or is the last version on the dropbox not able to go to the next day?

Lemme check...

============
Should work now.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:56:01 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1327 on: November 12, 2013, 05:15:18 PM »
Changed files fixed the next day issue for me. Thx.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1328 on: November 13, 2013, 08:08:44 AM »
Here is xml for those Bleach characters.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #1329 on: November 13, 2013, 08:29:39 AM »
Thank you!

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1330 on: November 14, 2013, 01:52:41 AM »
Xela, do we have a ready system for creating mobs?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1331 on: November 14, 2013, 02:45:01 AM »
Xela, do we have a ready system for creating mobs?

Yeap, take a look at content/db folder, there are mobs.json and arena_fighters.json files that are really similar, mobs will be blacked out in the bestiary until defeated once.

I don't have anything to report on my end, jobs have been written without tags in mind and it would take more effort to adapt those than I've expected. For now, I'll leave the tags and fix traits (virginity check has already been added).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Pashax2

« Reply #1332 on: November 15, 2013, 08:51:08 PM »
One of the great things about the original WM game was how easy it was to add new girls. Grab some appropriate pictures, modify an xml file a little, and you were ready to go. Easy enough even for me to do! I'm told the same was true of items as well, although I never tried it.
But with the significantly expanded scope of this project, what will be required to add a new girl/item/stuff?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1333 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:58 PM »
One of the great things about the original WM game was how easy it was to add new girls. Grab some appropriate pictures, modify an xml file a little, and you were ready to go. Easy enough even for me to do! I'm told the same was true of items as well, although I never tried it.
But with the significantly expanded scope of this project, what will be required to add a new girl/item/stuff?

It depends...

Girls:

Option one:
Same as for WM, only .xml file is required, .json with basic tags will automatically be drawn from the file names (like in WM). Disadvantage of this approach is that player will miss out on a number of events requiring specific tags (once we add such events).

Option two:
I am considering adding WM crazy mod packs --> PyTFall automatic convertor. Basically, WM packs can be used in PyTFall for non combat girls "out of the box". This way all WM crazy mod girls could be used as non combatants in PyTFall. Nothing in packs themselves would have to be changed.

Option three:
To construct a proper PyTFall pack, all images inside would have to be tagged by tagger software, .xml file would also be required.

Option four:
Advanced pack, this is not for faint-hearted, same as in option three but modder in PyTFall is allowed to to write unique meeting script, girlsmeets script and interaction script for each unique girl, it's a lot of work, but if you know what you're doing, you can make a girl very unique.

Items:

It's as simple as in WM but you would also require to find a picture for the item.

Rest:

Basically, most of what we're planning to allow modding, will be in json or xml files. So workload is about the same as in WM.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Pashax2

« Reply #1334 on: November 16, 2013, 01:21:34 AM »
If this was a democracy, I'd vote for option 2. There's a lot of content already out there, and it'd be nice to have it reasonably accessible. Option 4 is tempting, but it sounds like it'd be too much for those of us who can't program.

What about using some default settings for characters who don't have a suitable picture for any particular category? The supplied picture(s) would override that, but if there's nothing in the pack for that field then it pulls out something generic but suitable.