devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3821242 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1335 on: November 16, 2013, 03:05:24 AM »
If this was a democracy, I'd vote for option 2. There's a lot of content already out there, and it'd be nice to have it reasonably accessible. Option 4 is tempting, but it sounds like it'd be too much for those of us who can't program.

All four options should be available, they are not mutually excluding. Option two requires code, one, three and four are working (95% working).

What about using some default settings for characters who don't have a suitable picture for any particular category? The supplied picture(s) would override that, but if there's nothing in the pack for that field then it pulls out something generic but suitable.

We've discussed this and decided to do it differently, profile category picture will be used if pack is missing even the most basic types ("sex", "anal", "lesbian", "combat" etc.).

Special events will only run if pack has tags like ("sex", "outside", "nude", "ecstatic") on a single picture, some events might require less like ("lesbian", "outside") for example.

There are no special events yet, I think that the jobs are now more or less adapted to the new traits, tonight I am planning to add first special event, not yet sure how it'll turn out bu we'll see. Main problem is that jobs code wasn't written with advanced tags in mind and now texts might turn out to long or incoherent and the whole thing will require a rewrite (if that happens, it'll be post Alpha, we'll just release what we have now + whatever we manage to add without making texts look shitty).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1336 on: November 16, 2013, 08:11:47 PM »
Finally updated my Dropbox folder.
Just the visual part of the girl can shop now. After buying something, it jumps back.
If you have something equiped on the body. It shows a frame below the selected frame, with the equiped item.

Let me know what you think.
In the common-screen.rpy I added a itemstats value for that equiped item.
And in the common-screen.rpy I changed the shop script, so the inventory title is either inventory for hero, shop inventory for shop and girl name for girl. (could be I changed something else there in the shop script, but i was on heavy duty painkillers, so can't really recall)

Ignore the Entertaining text. That was just a test if it would be picked up. Going to revamp that after i'm done with the shop.
Probably first the sex options though.

If you like this setup, I'll add the dispisition changes because of buying or selling a piece for the girl.
At this time the shop is only to the tailor shop. When it's done, i could included all different shops if you wanted?

Let me know.

Signing off, it's way to late here!

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1337 on: November 16, 2013, 08:16:22 PM »
Was still testing. Can one of you apply a love potion to a girl? I get and error activate_effect is neither a gamestat nor a attribute of Girl

Hinata has a default inventory that should contain this.  :'(

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1338 on: November 17, 2013, 05:54:23 AM »
Lower frame is empty when taking the girl shopping (I think you forgot to upload the common_screen.rpy file).

Everything looks fine, there is a field on every item determening how "good" it is for the girl, you could prolly use that to calculate disposition effects. I think one shop should be enough for now, also it'll prolly be best in the future to code the whole thing in the shops label, but we'll take care of that post Alpha.

I've fixed the Love Potion error. DB version has been updated with the fix, fix for slavemarket (was broken for prostitutes), traits updated for jobs, removing virginity during jobs and a small number of other improvements. I'll try to code in that damn first tagged event tonight :)

=======================
Edit:

Have you worked with version control before? I could resume updating mercurial repo if you like?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 05:57:20 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1339 on: November 17, 2013, 08:32:20 AM »
Copied the wrong file... instead of the common-screens.rpy, i copied the jobs...sigh... (it was late... )

Should be up now.

Nice work on the fixes. I'll try to test them today, hope to get a start on the disposition on buying and selling.

Haven't really worked with version control, but probably can figure it out if that handier.

- A suggestion. When you choose the filter free or slave in the girl selection screen, you might want to reset the filter for at least the free or slave.. because it's possible to select them both now... and you don't see anything.

*EDIT*

Btw my changes are always commented with Added by Xipomus and the date or change by Xipmus and date. And also close with a comment end changes by Xipomus. So you can recognise them quickly
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:13:52 AM by Xipomus »

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1340 on: November 17, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »
Did come across an issue when i updated the files from your dropbox folder Xela.

Sometimes on the next day button it generates an error.

The error is in de dropbox screenshot folder.

It's a type error rGirl object has no attribute 'get__getitem__'

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1341 on: November 17, 2013, 02:04:04 PM »
classes - jobs.rpy is updated, error should no longer occur (unless I've missed something, typos in old code that were causing this error were numerous).

Filters are ok for now, they work on exclusion basis and there is a reset button.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 02:07:19 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1342 on: November 17, 2013, 02:29:50 PM »
Thx for the fix. Saw an old spelling error in sevices and the /n instead of the \n in some places... replaced those and added a \n to all \n in the end of the line. It makes next day a lot more readable.

I put the changed jobs in my dropbox folder, if you want to use it.

* EDIT *

I forgot to ask.. what can healers do? There isn't a job they want to do I think.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 02:32:09 PM by Xipomus »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1343 on: November 17, 2013, 02:57:49 PM »
Thx for the fix. Saw an old spelling error in sevices and the /n instead of the \n in some places... replaced those and added a \n to all \n in the end of the line. It makes next day a lot more readable.

I put the changed jobs in my dropbox folder, if you want to use it.

* EDIT *

I forgot to ask.. what can healers do? There isn't a job they want to do I think.

Nope, they don't do anything, there is just one or two of those in the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1344 on: November 17, 2013, 04:51:04 PM »
Came across a bug in the tailor shop filter function.

When I call it from the girl_interactions with pytfall.tailor_store.inventory.filter = 'body', the top of the shop inventory shows body.. only the inventory still contains everything.

I didn't even notice till now. Will look at it later.. but just thought to mention it, incase somebody else notices it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1345 on: November 17, 2013, 05:07:37 PM »
Came across a bug in the tailor shop filter function.

When I call it from the girl_interactions with pytfall.tailor_store.inventory.filter = 'body', the top of the shop inventory shows body.. only the inventory still contains everything.

I didn't even notice till now. Will look at it later.. but just thought to mention it, incase somebody else notices it.

It should say: pytfall.tailor_store.inventory.use_filter('body') (I think). Simply setting attribute value to "body" will not activate it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #1346 on: November 17, 2013, 06:06:03 PM »
Thanks. Works like a charm. Set the girl inventory to body to... so you can see what you sell\buy.

The girl value you are talking about is .badness I think?

But i want to try and add different options for occupation & disposition, so i'll have to filter occupation, and the item stats for added disposition and maybe some joy. If disposition is high enough maybe trigger something.

I was playing around with how i want to responde to trigger.. that is done... now it's making the if's.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1347 on: November 17, 2013, 07:26:07 PM »
Thanks. Works like a charm. Set the girl inventory to body to... so you can see what you sell\buy.

The girl value you are talking about is .badness I think?

But i want to try and add different options for occupation & disposition, so i'll have to filter occupation, and the item stats for added disposition and maybe some joy. If disposition is high enough maybe trigger something.

I was playing around with how i want to responde to trigger.. that is done... now it's making the if's.

Ok, after you're done, we should see if those checks can be packaged in a function/method so everything is in one place. If it's to random and common pattern cannot be found, it'll be fine too, just might mean more work if we change something later.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #1348 on: November 18, 2013, 09:55:51 AM »
Do we still need exp in the mobs json? I believe we don't.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1349 on: November 18, 2013, 10:02:43 AM »
Do we still need exp in the mobs json? I believe we don't.

Nope, even if we do at the moment, I'll remove the code.
Like what we're doing?